Wood Group PSN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.1

Production Operator B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wood Group PSN (Lafayette, LA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had spoken with the HR lady over the phone and explained that I have five years experience but I've only worked on land. She said that she wanted to see what I knew and we scheduled a time where I could come in and take some tests. I passed the test for the C operator first since she thought I wouldn't know much without ever going offshore. I then passed the B operator test and did even a few points higher than the C test. So unless the test is faulty it said I had the knowledge to go offshore but she still felt like I was a C operator since I wasn't familiar with some of the safety systems which I understand. She then put my resume in the data base and we went our separate ways. We talked for a long time about random things that weren't even work related and she made me feel very relaxed like it wasn't even an interview. This was last week and I haven't heard anything back from them. I can say one thing about this company that I've noticed... If you search for rig zone jobs in Lafayette you will see that WGPSN has openings. And if you receive notifications from them you will see the same positions being posted every day. For instance this operator position has been being posted almost daily for a month now. There's no way they aren't finding experienced qualified candidates in Lafayette to work in the gulf. I mean the requirement alone is T-2 certified and 2+ years. That applies to thousands of displaced guys around this area. So my opinion about this is... The HR department is actively searching out candidates and leaving a paper trail in order to keep their own jobs during this oilfield downturn and make it appear they are still of use. Also when they do decide to hire for positions their database will be so full of resumes that they wont have to wait for people to come in for interviews.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you need?   1 Answer

Electrical Commissioning Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wood Group PSN (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

- Very uneventful as I was pre-approved by the client who was requesting my services. My employer pretty much performed the interview after I interview with the client directly. I only had to negotiate the salary with my employer.

Worker Interview

Interview

depends on group..generally the process is casual. Some are very detail and will look through your resume before hand and have lots of questions. Other (the more senior ones) seem to be too occupied.

bad review

C-Level Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wood Group PSN (Lafayette, LA) in June 2014.

Interview

I got my resume put to the top of the stack due to my uncle being one of their helicopter dispatcher. Also, I was a 3rd year Petroleum Engineering student at the time, therefore I wasn't put through an actual interviewing process like everyone else would be. The people here are easygoing people but clearly extremely busy with their jobs. If you want an interview, you need to put your name out there and make sure it is known to them.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenedy, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wood Group PSN (Kenedy, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Initially you apply for the job, the recruiter takes her time to go through the multiple applications and chooses 3 candidates that may be suited for the job, she discusses the candidates profiles with the manager that is seeking for the candidate. then a phone interview takes place. Initially they look for effective communication skills, knowledge, experience, availability to travel and work, and competencies. Once this takes place, and if recruiter is convinced, she will ask the candidate to come for a 1-1 interview with the manager. If this second interview goes right, the company will make an offer. from the moment the offer is accepted it takes around one month for the candidate to begin working with the company. During this time, medical exams are taken as well as, fit tests, drug tests, and general background checks.

Interview Questions

• same as normal interview, Not a complicated interview, they seek for talent and commitment. Simple questions regarding experience, knowledge, communication skills, etc. Overall   Answer Question

Parts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wood Group PSN (Lafayette, LA) in May 2013.

Interview

Standard one on one interview with standard questions. Followed by detailed benefits explanation and company policies explanation. Nothing remarkable about this interview again a standard interview with standard questions. Standard background check and drug testing.

Senior Structural Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Wood Group PSN (Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

Interview done over phone and was for about 30 min to 45 min and was detailed. It was detailed about the nature of job done and what was expected of the candidate

Interview Questions

• how many years of experience as offshore specialist designer   Answer Question

Senior Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wood Group PSN (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview took place over the telephone.
    I had previously worked on two Projects with the senior planner, at the company.
    The interview was basically a conversation to see if the role was suitable and if I would be interested in the role as it was only potentially going to be for 6 months with a possibility that work could continue after that if conditions in the industry stayed favourable.

Resourcing Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wood Group PSN (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

I worked for WGPSN and found another role within the company that I wanted to apply for. Applied through online portal and had an internal candidate interview with recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have had to deal with a difficult situation and how you resolved it?   1 Answer

TBC At Time Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wood Group PSN in September 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was very slow and lengthy. HR did not move with any urgency and it took more than 2months to get hired on a one round interview. Interview process was very informal, very nice and relaxed atmosphere and it was a very pleasant experience overall. Friendly staff and a welcoming atmoshere. But you've been warned. This process will not move fast at all.