Woodard & Curran Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 8, 2017

2.8

Civil/Environmental Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Woodard & Curran (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied near the time the position was posted. 10 days later I was contacted by an HR representative. I had a phone interview with the HR representative and I was then interviewed by 6 representatives via conference video call. They interviewed me two at a time for 20-30 mins each.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Woodard & Curran (Portland, ME) in July 2016.

Interview

Very slow... Did an initial phone screen 4 weeks prior to any further communication before being asked to appear in person. Lack of talent and sense of urgency at Senior HR level and company in a panic stage to place talent vs demand needs. Not a bright future.... My gut told me that there was a lack of direction and the interviewed confirmed my gut feeling....

Interview Questions

• Describe your thoughts on how an HR would function within this capacity?   1 Answer

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Woodard & Curran (Andover, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

1. Initial phone Interview, about 35 minutes
    2. Panels interviews, 3 rounds with 5 total people, about 90 minutes (office 1)
    2. Panels interviews, 3 rounds with 4 total people, about 90 minutes (office 2)

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had multiple projects with the same deadline in the same week for different Project Managers?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodard & Curran.

Interview

HR person was friendly but she was not responsive and we missed numerous phone interviews prior due to her forgetfulness. It was very laid back and it mainly touched on my past experience and how it could be helpful for them.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Woodard & Curran.

Interview

Combination of general, behavioral, and technical questions. They mentioned that they had this position open for a few years and needed to fill it. Seemed warm and friendly at the interview. I was interviewed by about 3 people.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated with the recruiter who was the median between me and the company.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Woodard & Curran (Providence, RI) in February 2016.

Interview

They contacted me for a phone interview, then drove to their office. Gas was paid for but no accommodations. The interview was pretty free form, I had a lot of latitude to discuss what I wanted to rather than a standard set of questions. The engineers did seem somewhat distracted with other tasks.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Woodard & Curran (Edison, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Started with HR phone interview which was very low key with basic question and answer session. Then phone interview with hiring manager which also was low key and relaxed, just the typical Q&A to gage interest to plan on a face to face interview. Scheduling the actual face to face interview was slightly complicated to get the hiring manager and up line together. Relaxed atmosphere for the interview (at eatery), more detailed and direct however, but friendly. Final interview at office with other staff, again in a relaxed fashion.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel if we asked you to travel to another state (SE) for a project for a extended duration, say 6 months in witch you would only be home on weekends?   1 Answer

Civil Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Woodard & Curran.

Interview

30 minute phone screening with HR representative. A few weeks later brought in to have a series of interviews with the regional hiring manager and two more pairs that were part of the group. These lasted for 2-3 hours total. Received a call later in the day from the HR representative to go over a few more details and the time-frame for hearing back. Heard back early the next week.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral in nature, asked to provide writing sample and references after the interview   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Woodard & Curran in April 2015.

Interview

Applications for the internship must be submitted online through their website. If selected the next step is a 30 minute phone interview with HR that will mostly focus on the content of the submitted resume as well as some behavioral type interview questions. The next step is an on site interview with two rounds of interviews (at least in my particular situation) of the engineering team with similar interview content to the phone screening but more geared towards the particular position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation of how well you worked with clients/customers.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Woodard & Curran.

Interview

Phone screening for about 20 minutes to check qualifications. Then a 2-3 hour interview with 5 employees and a call with the HR manager after. After a Call with an offer as well as an emailed/mailed written offer. was able to negotiate for a higher base compensation

Interview Questions

• most questions were not technical. Most questions were more behavioral/situational as it was an entry level position. Most technical questions were knowledge on operating office equipment such as printers, etc.   Answer Question