Woodforest National Bank Assistant Branch Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Woodforest National Bank Assistant Branch Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Woodforest National Bank

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Greensboro, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

First step is the online application process, in which if your an internal candidate it's fairly quick and easy. From their the recruiter for your region than contacts that branch manager to set up a one on one interview. If you pass this step, you either get the position on the spot,than receive an interview from your regional manager or regional assigned. But if there is another internal candidate going for the same position internal; to be fair they will also receive a second interview as well from the regional assigned, and from there they will than give their input/opinion as to who may be the best applicant for the position.

Interview Questions

• What are some ideas and goals that you would like to set forth, foe your branch?   Answer Question
  • What are some things that you like to see Woodforest improve on?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to leave your current position?   Answer Question
  • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
  • Name something that you yourself, need to work on?   Answer Question
  • What is the difference between a manager and a leader?   Answer Question
  • Name a situation within your current position that you had to help your fellow coworkers and how did you do that?   Answer Question
  • What is the role of a Assistant Branch Manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiating phase starts at the managers interview, when you are asked your desire pay. And if offered the position you than say yay or nay to the pay that you asked for or is offered. I suggest that before you apply as an internal candidate, that you make a great example of yourself. But make sure that you know what you want and won't settle for. Management roles should only be given to strong positive, but mostly natural leaders. The ABM position is a vital position and is the middle person for the staff and customers.

Other Interview Reviews for Woodforest National Bank

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Humble, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Usually there will be two interviews. The first one will be the hiring manager and the second one will be either with another Branch Manager or a Regional Manager. They are looking for core job knowledge and leadership skills. Being able how to interact with employees and customers in positive ways. Being able to adjust to long hours and flexible shift scheduling is usually a must. A business plan for what you plan to do in the branch is a must.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the ways you would deal with an employee that is influencing a negative impact on the rest of the team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

Answered a series of questions related to leadersip. Was interviewed by branch manager and regional manager. They wanted to know about my experience managing a staff and how I would handle personell issues.

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank in October 2015.

Interview

After I applied and completed assessment test, I received an email to set up a phone interview. After about 35 minute phone interview, she told me I would be hearing from the DM for a face to face interview( this was on friday) Monday I got the call and set up interview for Wednesday he told me it would take about 45 minutes to an hour, it took over 2 hours as after I interviewed with him he sent me right to HR manager. I was interviewing for assistant branch manager, and they offered me Branch Manager bc of my qualifications and my personality.. when u work in the public u need to be excited about your job/ career and you need to show that during your interview!!!

Interview Questions

• An extensive amount of different questions. technical and non technical   1 Answer

Negotiation

Go with your experience and qualifications and accept an offer you feel is fair

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Louisville, KY) in October 2011.

Interview

Whole process was too drawn out. Took way too long for them to get back to me. Had to hold the interview in a public restaurant. No privacy in the branches! I was told a lot about the company but not really many questions were asked of me. I was told I had the job about a month later but then nothing....another month passed and finally HR called and had me start.

Interview Questions

• I did not expect to be asked where I lived and if I would be able to commute that distance. I would not have applied if I didnt think I could make it that distance!   1 Answer

Negotiation

I feel like the salary was a little misrepresented

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Received a call to set up a phone interview two hours after applying for the position. After getting through the phone interview A face-to-face interview with set up with the branch manager of the location I would be working at, which went for three hours. Later that day I received an email to schedule an interview with a different branch manager from another location the next day which also went for about three hours. This was on a Friday, but I received an email from the regional manager asking to schedule an interview for Monday morning. If you don't have a job then that would be a good thing, but if you're trying to change careers then going to three interviews lasting about three hours each three business days in a row looks very suspicious. After my final interview with the regional manager I was told I would hear something the next day or at least by Friday. However, I received an automated email three weeks later saying I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee that is excellent with customers, but has a stubbornly bad attitude with coworkers and superiors.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Dallas, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview is done by manager and regional manager. Hr phone interview is easy. One to one interview. Question we're easy. Location were in great location. Hours are great. Management team is great. Pay rate is great.