Woodforest National Bank Retail Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.1

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Pekin, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Pekin, IL).

Interview

I applied online, then took an assessment test (Very easy, test cash counting and customer service) immediately after application. Received a call from the recruiter and had a phone interview. Give all retail experience, it will help getting a higher salary. Was scheduled a 2nd interview in branch.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Woodforest National Bank

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Fayetteville, NC).

Interview

I initially interviewed with the assistant manager who asked me most of the questions and when she done, I then interviewed with the branch manager. The process was streamlined and not too difficult. I was hired the same day.

Retail Banker Interview

Interview

I applied to Woodforest at the begining of the week and was contacted to do the virtual simulation the next day. After completing that, a recruiter reached out to me to set up a phone interview. We agreed to speak that following Friday. The phone interview was quick and simple and focused on the background of the company with a few questions. I was told that they were speaking to a few more people and would reach out to me if I was chosen to move forward.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a difficult customer and how you handled the situation   2 Answers

Retail Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted in a few days to conduct a phone interview. My phone interview was about ten minutes and went very well. I did a face to face interview with the branch manager, assistant manager and a manger in training within two days of phone interview. The interview went very well and it seemed like I was the kind of candidate they were looking for. I have the sales and customer service experience, and I enjoy volunteering. The branch manager told me I would hear back the next day. Well I didn't and I received an email about 3 days later saying I was not selected. The email says I did not meet the needs of the postion. Some feedback would have been better since the overall experience was very postive until the end.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you went above and beyond?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your work history experience and how it relates to this postion.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Willis, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Willis, TX).

Interview

The managers were very open and did not make me feel pressured or put on the spot. They allowed me to be myself and were not completely uptight. I felt confident that they appreciated my interview and honesty. They offered me a job on the spot and I started the next week.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to give an example of a time that I was under pressure and how did I respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tupelo, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Tupelo, MS) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. It took 4 days for the recruiter to contact me via email to take a bank simulator test. She emailed me again afterwards for a phone interview. She forwarded me to the manager which took 2 days to call me. Took the manager 2 more days to call and offer the job.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Cleveland, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

my process took about a week I applied online for the position within 2 days I got a email for the assessment. I took the assessment and the next day got an email from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. she called me and the interview lasted about 25 minuets. she asked me normal questions nothing to fancy just why I wanted to work for wood forest? how did I find out about the position? my past work experiences? after my phone interview 20 min later I got a phone call from the branch manager and he set me up for an interview for the next business day. I was the first to interview for that particular location and I have no doubts that I did not get the job. he stated that he had a few more interviews but we talked and he could not wait to call me back with details and if I got the position. please study the history of the company just a little bit and know that they do a lot of volunteer and community work. they give back a lot to charity.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about woodforest? why do you want to work for wood forest? can you tell me a little bit about you and what you are looking for? these are the only questions he asked and he just explained about the position and his position and the branch locations history and how long he has been with the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

the pay was based on experience in customer service and cash handling it was negotiable he asked what pay was I looking for? I said $12.00

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from human resources, picked a location and met with two assistant managers and the interview took place inside a McDonalds at a Walmart store where the branch was located.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about the company's history, motto and if I could take orders from a younger supervisor. This should have been a warning of what was to come. Besides isn't it illegal to bring up age in the interviewing process?   1 Answer

Retail Banker Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank.

Interview

Bare with me...

First, you must apply online. Which includes a pre-exam. However, it is very easy. It includes very simple math, customer service, and basic common sense questions.

Second, (if you passed the pre-exam) you will recieve a phone call from a WNB recruiter. Pass that and you move on to the final step.

The Interview.

That luckily, was very easy. The interview is done with the branch manager who will ask many scenerios, and test your basic customer service knowledge. I do recommend that if you are new to the company that you do some research prior to your interview (its the one thing I forgot to do!)

If you passed that, Congratulations! And welcome to the Team!

It truly isn't that bad. It sounds long, but the recruiters are pretty quick. I applied and did the phone interview in 2 days! And scheduled the interview within a week! Definitely give it a shot. I don't regret my decision.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Woodforest and what is it about the company that intrigued you to apply?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in California, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (California, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process pretty simple.
    Once you've taken the online simulation, you'll be in constant contact with a Woodforest recruiter. She did my phone interview, and sent my information to my local branch. Twenty minutes after my phone interview, I was offered an in person interview the next day. I interviewed with two people in Subway.
    Know the basics of the company, history, that they are BIG on charity and volunteering. Then basic questions on reaching goals, and what your current job responsibility is, and maybe one or two scenarios.
    If hired, I was on the spot, they'll ask you to negotiate a price. I was offered $12 since what I negotiated was "too low" for the position. An hour after the interview my recruiter contacted me and emailed my forms for drug testing within 24 hours. It's not too bad, kind of intimidating in the beginning but it was a "down to earth" interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Research what your area offers for the position.