WoodmenLife Field Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WoodmenLife Field Representative Interview Questions

2.0

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WoodmenLife (Omaha, NE) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really simple. They ask about how you interact with people and how you feel you will do in a commission only job and if you would be successful in a position were you have little supervision.

Interview Questions

• Can you come up with 100 names of people you could speak to about insurance?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for WoodmenLife

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at WoodmenLife (Rockville, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

Information provided by managers during the interview process was very selective. They only tell you what you need to know, when they want you to know it. Weeks or months later they tell you new information that would have been very helpful in making that decision whether or not to work for WoW.

Interview Questions

• You are told upfront that you are an independent contractor, not an employee. However Area/State managers still like to micromanage to the smallest details. They don't tell you that you are a captive agent until you have already invested a couple of months of time, money, and energy into getting licensed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were very pleasant and agreeable in the interview/negotiation phase but play hardball when the contract is underway. Managers encourage competition rather than cooperation among the field reps.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at WoodmenLife (Louisville, KY) in March 2011.

Interview

You can contact an area manager or they might contact you but they will hire pretty much anyone because the turnover rate is so high

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WoodmenLife (Cary, NC) in November 2010.

Interview

Started with a phone interview (just to screen out the applicants and gauge their interest).

Followed up with a first round 1-on-1 interview where he explained the company's goals, objectives, and pay structure.

Next step was an IQ and Personality test online, where the results were reviewed in the second interview.

Lastly, a background and drug test was required before contracting was an option.

Interview Questions

• Would you be alright accepting a position that is entirely commission-based?   Answer Question

Negotiation

100% Commission, nothing really to negotiate

Field Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WoodmenLife in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process is pretty straight forward. Be prepared to take a test online that the manager forwards you the link for shortly after the initial interview. Seemed like an IQ and personality test. As with any insurance carrier, ask a lot of questions, even the ones that seem too dumb to ask. Remember, the manager that is interviewing you is a SALESMAN.

Interview Questions

• I asked "how the pay works".   1 Answer

Negotiation

Somewhat on the "transition pay" which amounts to about $2000 the month you go to Omaha for a week.