Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.

Interview

I applied directly through the internship coordinator by email. I got a response in a day and had a phone interview two days later. Received an offer the day after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my schedule, what I was interested in studying, who I wanted to work with   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online with resume, cover letter and writing sample. Program coordinator emailed within a week for a phone interview. Took the phone interview and got the position the next week. The interviewer started off with a brief introduction to the internship and then asked a few behavioral questions. Pretty standard and nothing too difficult.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars (Washington, DC).

Interview

Submitted application, was called in for an interview. Was interviewed by two program assistants/associates. Asked questions about my experience in the area, previous internship experiences, academic work, etc. Very basic and as to be expected.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have you had that prepare you for this position?
      What experience have you had conducting independent research? Provide an example.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars (Minneapolis, KS) in March 2016.

Interview

Application online (cover letter, plus 2 infographics, and two writing samples then a phone interview which lasted 30 minutes) they contacted me shortly for a phone interview in which they asked
    some very standard questions on the importance of Latin America to the United States, received an offer shortly after

Editorial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.

Interview

I applied for Wilson Quarterly. After submitting the application, I was contacted by the editor for a phone interview. I think I heard back from him no later than 2 weeks after I submitted my application. The interview took about 20 minutes. The editor was very friendly and the conversation didn't feel too formal. He also let me ask a lot of questions.

Development Office Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online for a number of internships, received an email asking for interview times in the Development Office, scheduled a phone interview and a 3 days later was offered the position.

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online close to the deadline. About a month later, I got an email saying "we would be happy to have you on our team." I didn't call it an interview as it was more like conversation on the phone asking my research experience (which the staff answered saying I wrote my thesis), familiarity with the program theme, and international experience (which the staff also assisted me by asking my origin). At the end I was scheduled to come in for paperwork, but it was postponed as many staffs were on vacation.

Interview Questions

• research experience, what do you know about the program theme, and international experience   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied via email. Heard back a week after the deadline. Phone interview two days later with two people I would be working directly under. Asked me to explain my interest in the position and elaborate on my resume.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application and was contacted via email to come in and interview once. I interviewed with the director of the program. I was asked about my past experience and why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied by email to the position, had a short phone interview 2 weeks later. Asked what positions I am interested in, previous experience as a Research assistant, and academic and career goals.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are your plans for after your undergraduate experience?   Answer Question