Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2017

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co..

Interview

There was first a phone interview prior to the face-to-face interview. Human resources made me feel comfortable and it was a very smooth process. I had the opportunity to meet the manager and individuals part of the team.

Interview Questions

• Inquired about why I was leaving my previous role.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co..

Interview

-Great call with Talent Manager, detailed questions about interests, ideal company, team, etc. Onsite meetings with manager and several team members. As a final step, completed several assessments. Process moved seamlessly and quickly, and I was always kept in the loop.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you managed a challenging project and how you worked through the process?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Contacted by Talent Acquisition Manager for brief phone interview, pretty standard, then invited to onsite interview with the team. Interviewed with multiple people, back to back. The first interviewer was engaged, asked standard questions, we had a good conversation, standard interview questions. The other interviewer did not really ask me any questions, went on a few rants about their position. The hiring manager was brief with me, and seemed uninterested in general.

After the interview, one of the executives that interviewed me accidentally forwarded me an unprofessional email with negative comments regarding my interview. They did not answer my follow up questions about the role, did not apologize for sending the rude email. I am astonished this level of employee would be so careless and then also fail to apologize. I am not sure why I was invited for an interview for this position. I cannot believe the way this interview was handled, it was quite unprofessional .

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Process was managed well. I applied online and then was contacted about a phone interview in less than a week. I was then quickly brought onsite for in person interviews with my team and hiring manager. I greatly appreciated how the Recruiting Manager kept me in the loop along the way! I also liked how I got to meet and talk with several people not in my department that I will be working with. It helped me determine if this was the right role for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a policy or procedure you recently implemented? Was it a success? If not, what happened?   Answer Question

Account Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a straightforward phone screen with the recruiter, followed by two onsite meetings. First meeting was with hiring manager, second meeting was with team. Overall, it was a quick process I moved forward quickly.

Interview Questions

• What is intriguing about pursing a career in insurance?   1 Answer

Account Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial email to set up a phone interview with HR representative, which then led to a phone interview with the VP for HR. After passing those two, I was asked to come in and meet the team of who I would potentially be working with along with a technical interview shortly after. From there, I was asked to take an IQ test, personality assessment, and a Microsoft Office skills test. After passing all those, the last step was the contact of my references.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were straightforward and were merely to gauge enthusiasm and interest for the position along with some situational questions.   Answer Question

International Insurance Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online, phone interview with basic questions, then invited to meet in person for interview. Met first with the lead person that runs the international side then with one of her associates. Mostly talked about my experience, my fit and position. Never heard from recruiter or the team again which is pretty unprofessional for such a large company.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. (Irvine, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The process was a bit longer than expected but not excessive. It began with questions about past employment and why I left. They were impressed that I had done research on the company and position. This first interview was followed with personality profile test and verbal test of basic industry knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave previous positions?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The entire process was relatively quick and efficient. I felt like the evaluated my overall qualifications rather than just looking strictly at past titles and saw where certain skills could fill their opening.

I initially had a phone screen with HR for about 30 minutes. We spent about as much time discussing my interest in the role and what I thought about it as we did answering specific questions about my qualifications. I felt it was a nice way to judge overall fit.

I was brought in for an interview with the team and was able to meet everyone I would be working with. This interview consisted more of discussing my background and situational questions.

About a week later I began dialog with HR and discussed next steps and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• These were mostly situational. Since my background didn't directly translate into the into the position because I was switching fields I may not have know the exact answer, but could walk through my thought process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were straight forward through the process. They continued to ask my range and give me feedback about the position responsibilities, title, and salary.

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Very thorough and tough but they asked all the right questions to make sure I was both a technical and cultural fit for them. It was done in several stages with different people as well.

Interview Questions

• Please talk about your philosophy to balance revenue with doing the right thing for your clients...   Answer Question