Woolworths Limited Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.3

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Woolworths Limited (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and got an email saying that I was to come in for an interview. 5 days after the email I got an email saying to send in my birth certificate and then the next day I got an email saying I got the job. The next day I got all the information.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at woolworths   1 Answer
    • What times are you available?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have in customer service?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Woolworths Limited in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call with a few basic questions about availability before arranging an interview. Had the interview a week later with the assistant manager of customer service. An easy interview and a friendly atmosphere. Lots of situational/scenario based questions to get you thinking. Was told it could be 1-2 weeks before hearing anything, but received a call 4 days later offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• If you could have your dream job, what would it be?
      Tell me a bit about yourself
      What are your key strengths?
      How would you describe yourself?
      When is a time you've taken initiative and done something people wouldn't expect of you?
      When is a time you've resolved an issue with a peer?
      What motivates you?
      Answer Question

BWS Liquor Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Woolworths Limited.

Interview

Applied online with Woolworths and received a text a few days later asking if I was interested. After replying I instantly received a call from recruitment. The guy was very nice, asked why I was interested, my experience and qualifications and we scheduled an interview. I attended the interview and it went well with easy pre-prepared questions. I felt the interview was quite personal, easy going, went great and was basically told it was a sure thing and I will get a call from them. I felt the interviewer was giving out too much financial information about the shop which left me feeling more confident that I would get the job. I received an email about a week later saying I was unsuccessful.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Woolworths Limited (Canberra (Australia)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy for the petrol team member. All they asked me about what was my previous role and what i did. If i liked the job. My availability. Why do i want to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Woolworths Limited (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview with storemanager , very easy going. Asked some behavioural and situational question that determined your suitability. Asked what are you long term goals. I suppose dressing wise white shirt and black pants, neat hair and light makeup. behaviour: positive, polite, enthusiastic and know exactly what customer service is and in woolworths. ALso find out some woolworths values and lingo, they like that. Maybe they might ask about personal and professional values too.

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Woolworths Limited (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruitment person who asked some general questions such as "Why do you want to work for Woolworths?" before organising an interview time. The interview was very casual, one-on-one with the manager and lasted for 15 minutes. The manager was very friendly and was mainly looking for someone who had really good availability, which I did not (hence I did not get the position).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Woolworths?
      What is your availability?
      Tell me about your previous work experience.
      Answer Question

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

Interview

I applied for the position online. I had a phone interview. In that HR said that you will get an e-mail for interview & you need to accept and reply that.I was waiting for an e-mail & I haven't received any e-mail. After one day I called the HR & they told that interview was held on yesterday.
    And I haven't got any e-mail for interview & was waiting for that. When I went to the store & met to the Manager, he said to me the position is fulfilled. Without any e-mail I lost my opportunity. So, I suggestion is check your e-mail & if not received ask to the HR.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parramatta (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Woolworths Limited (Parramatta (Australia)) in November 2016.

Interview

We had to apply online and I was contacted for a group interview just under a week later. The group interview consisted of an introduction of ourselves and an introduction to the company. After that we were split into groups and we played a small team game. Then we had to, using paper and pens, show how we demonstrate the business's attitude to positive customer service. We created a poster. 2 days later they told us if we had got the job or not.

Replenishment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Woolworths Limited (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone interview with the Store manager a few weeks later. After the phone screening I was then told I have a face to face interview in a few days. Went to the interview with the Team manager and was asked to provide a resume and describe the hours I'd like to work. Was very much of an introduction to the job and what to expect if hired rather than an interview. Team manager was incredibly nice and welcoming and the interview was incredibly relaxed. Asked other personal questions that were unrelated to the job so that she could get to know me from another perspective.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview: Why do you want to work at Woolworths   1 Answer

Negotiation

Able to negotiate hours and certain dates to be taken off (As it was towards the end of the year/xmas period and I had exams coming up)

Supply Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Woolworths Limited (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2016.

Interview

Several Stages: be prepared. if successful doors will open for you in this dynamic company.
    Initially starting with a phone call
    1 formal interview with direct line manager.
    2 group based interview with other candidates
    3 Head of Long Life interview.
    4 Employment contract offered

Interview Questions

• Previous experience within Replenishment.
      Behavioral based questions.
      Need to Very savvy with SAP as well as Excel (huge bonus).
      See how well you handle a very fast paced environment.
      Able to react quickly in a dynamic work space.
      Vendor management with superior communication skill (Extremely important)
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Look it was quite tough but have realistic expectations. If you love what you do the remuneration will follow.