Work4 Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2016

2.9

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Work4 Labs (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted the next day to arrange a phone call with the hiring manager.

The call went well, general phone screening about your experiences, motivations, the position and motivation to join the company.

I moved forward in the recruiting process with a case study about Facebook advertising. The case study was somewhat easy and relied a bit more on creativity than complexity (also depends how comfortable you are with Facebook ads).

After a couple of days, I got contacted for an interview in their office with the head of operations. The interview lasted about 30 min and the questions were mostly focused on previous experience, knowledge of the platform and advertising best practices, and how strategic you are.

On the same day, shortly after the interview, I received an email to arrange a phone call with one of their operations person (doing the same job that I was applying for). The interview went quite well, even if I was a bit surprised the person did not seem ready, and did not really have questions for me. She did not have my resume (or any information about me apparently) and just asked very basic questions.

After few days, I just received a common "we've decided to move forward with other candidates" type of email, with no feedback. A bit disappointed considering I had a couple of interviews with different persons at the company.

Overall, everyone I talked to was nice, the entire process went smoothly, and the interviews were easy and focused on your ability to work on the platform (definitely requires previous knowledge and experience).

Interview Questions

• Why this position (in operations)?   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you with Facebook advertising?   Answer Question
    • Give me five examples to optimize a campaign.   Answer Question
    • Case study: reporting and analysis of a campaign, ads creativity, and other questions about creativity   Answer Question

Data Analyst Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Work4 Labs (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

6-part test on probabilities, programming, and your ideas

Sales Interview

Interview

Very weird, multiple phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Not really a question, was treated with disdain when I asked questions to sales leadership like I had no right to ask.   1 Answer

Software Developer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Work4 Labs.

Interview

appplied online and they sent me some questions to solve. within a day i solved most of them sent it back

Customer Success Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Work4 Labs (Paris (France)) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a first phone interview with the HR. She explained me what they were doing and wanted to make sure that I understood the job. Then I had an passed an online test : I had to answer some questions in a PPT. Next, I had an interview with the Customer Success Manager in the Paris office. He explained the job to me in details, and asked me some very easy logic questions.
    They did not carry on with my application because they believed I was too technical

Interview Questions

• Communicate with the client and the technical teams to solve a problem   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Work4 Labs.

Interview

The Interview process contained :
    - selection over resume and case study
    - 1 interview
    - 1 interview
    - 1 case study (Facebook ads campaign simulation)

The process was very LONG ! No news from them, and no clear answer on when I'll get a reply. After the whole process I just got a simple email saying that I wasn't retained for the position; no explanation, feedback, detail.
    They were not clear on the process. At one stage they said the process was finished. And after, they came up with an additional case study for me to do. Also, they promised me an answer next week, I got it 2 weeks after (I did follow up!). Painful process that discouraged me for any job opportunity they may have.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Work4 Labs.

Interview

The hiring process was in three phases; I first sent my résumé and cover letter via facebook, a few days later, I was sent a files with exercices and questions (motivations, behavioural + exercices corresponding to the job I was aiming; front end). After completing it, I then got a Skype interview with two engineers (front end SE and backend SE) and a last one with the CTO.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too hard, front-end was mostly about web tech and back-end about simple data structures and algorithms (eg what DS implement to quickly find the middle value of a list)   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Work4 Labs.

Interview

The process for Work4 Labs began with an application, then an email from the recruiter asking me to complete a two-part copywriting test in four hours via Google Docs.

Once the document is reviewed, in this case within about a week, a second email is sent to confirm an interview via Skype or phone. Mine ended up being over Skype, with me opting for a video chat. Questions began general, discussing general experiences and how I got to where I am now, then more specific about the needs they have and how I believed I could fit them.

After the half-hour chat, I was informed there would be on-site interviews to follow, if they decided to pursue them once the first round was completed. It has been nearly two weeks since I had the conversation with the recruiter and I have yet to hear back, which makes me assume I am no longer in the running.

Interview Questions

• Because of the variety of my experience and the novelty of the industry Work4 Labs is in, it was a bit difficult to make a connection.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Work4 Labs in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online and then received an email, could not tell if t was automated or not, with an attached programming test. This test was rather lengthy (4-5 pages) covering algorithms, front-end and back-end web technologies and even some statistics / machine learning problems.

I was given two days to complete it. I put in a fair amount of effort into it and after my submission I didn't even receive a confirmation / follow-up email or call. Come to think of it, I didn't even get an introductory call.

I realize they're a small start-up but I've had onsite questions shorter than some on that test and this is for an intern position! A little more contact with candidates would be nice.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Work4 Labs in March 2015.

Interview

1 : Call avec la DRH : présentation de l'entreprise, première prise de connaissance et explication des missions potentielles.

Si intéressés par profil -->

2 : Call avec potentiel manager : idem, présentations, explications des expériences précédentes et des missions auxquelles s'attendre.

Si intéressés par profil -->

3 : Tests en ligne : tests de logique sur internet + test en temps limité sur case study liée au job pour lequel vous postulez.

Si intéressés par profil -->

4 : Check des referrals : appel d'un ou plusieurs anciens employeurs.

5 : Call avec le CEO

Interview Questions

• Avez-vous compris le fonctionnement de l'entreprise ?
      Pouvez-vous me parler de vos expériences précédentes ?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Très bien, mais c'est pour un stage donc pas grand chose à négocier. Les explications étaient claires, n'hésitez pas à vraiment approfondir le contenu de vos missions.