WorkSafeBC Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

WorkSafeBC Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Dec 31, 2016

3.1

Customer Care Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Starts with group testing where you would write 4 tests (2 of them typing, reading comprehension, office grammar and spelling) . Upon passing those tests, you continue with a simulation exercise online. If you pass all of these you are called for a panel interview and role play.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you've dealt with a difficult person, what was the outcome, what resources did you use   1 Answer

Report Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC.

Interview

It was a four-hour technical test which evaluates analyzing and reporting skills and working with Microsoft Excel, SQL, and Crystal Report. Excel test was about working with charts and formula, SQL test was about writing queries and in Crystal report test, I was given a report and asked to make the same report.

Interview Questions

• In SQL part, they provided me with a big schema which was too time consuming to understand the relations and asked me to write couple of queries. The instruction was not clear and I wasted my time, However after that I figured out it was not needed as the name of needed tables were mentioned.   Answer Question

Occupational Safety Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I was invited for a test. The test was 3.5 hours and different parts. It was similar to what they describe in their website. The questions were multiple choice with several answers. I don't know what they want to assess ,but there were many stupid and repetitive questions. Lots of figures to compare like IQ test.

Financial Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Lots and lots of behavioural interview questions that were long and wordy. Got really confusing at times and had to ask for the questions to be repeated. They kept going back and forth between interviewers. Was tricky to keep good eye contact.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC.

Interview

it was a behavioural interview and had a lot of questions about the organization such as the strategic direction, mission and values.
    i was interviewed by two managers form the department. They were friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• give examples of when you improved a process
      give examples of how you have handled conflict in a team
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Situational Questions. Friendly, very well structured. They allowed a good amount of time to develop my answers. It was important that I had read about the organization because they want to know that you care about this company. The interviewer knew what was needed for the job and was open to my questions. Overall it was a good experience to interview with them.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve a process?   1 Answer

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

One interview with Manager and Budget Coordinator. The interview lasted around 30-40 minutes. The interview process was good. Not too many tough questions were. After a few questions, the interview kind of turned into a conversation. I talked about the culture of the company and why that was the primary reason why I wanted to join.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself?
      What is your strength?
      What is your weakness?
      They also asked behavioural and situational questions.
      Give an example of a situation where there was conflict and how did you resolve it?
      Give an example.....
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC.

Interview

Resumes are screened by a computerized process, so there has to be a minimum number of 'hits' in the resume of key words. Read the job description carefully and be sure to include as many words or terms as possible. Once it passes the robot screener, you're almost guaranteed a contact if the qualifications are met. Next step is a KSA(knowledge, skills, abilities) test which is quite straight forward. This process includes a basic written and oral communication assessment. The final step is a behavioural interview and reference check. They do check references, so make sure you list valid, accessible references on the resume.

Interview Questions

• With your qualifications and experience, you could be working in private industry for double the salary offered here. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room for wage negotiation (unionized postion).

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC.

Interview

Interviewed by the reporting managers directly, after initial screening from the HR. I loved my interview process, where I got to know the managers very well. I was made extremely comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why WorkSafeBC, and why now? Was followed up by multiple questions to see if I have done prior researching about WorkSafeBC before applying.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

It was an interview over the phone. It lasted for one hour and was a panel interview. I was put forward by a consulting firm. And was advised I got the job in one week.