Cover image for Workday

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Workday HCM Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 1.2K interviews

Recruiter13%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Workday

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Workday

Interview

First interviews were by phone with recruiter and second round was with the hiring manager. Third round of interviews was with hiring manager, and one of their peers. Final interview is a mock presentation, recruiter provided some topics to demo on Excel.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time that you worked on a project with a team, that had some obstacles to overcome.
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Workday

Application

The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Workday in Aug 2019

Interview

I applied for the position on their website. Was contacted by recruiter for phone screen. After phone screen, a phone call was set up with hiring manager 1 week later. Then was asked to come to local office for interviews with 5 people. Presentation on excel concept, followed by behavioral interview. Very little functional or technical question asked by any of the interviewers. I was told by recruiter and hiring manager that the team makes decisions very quickly and I should hear within 2-3 days. Then dead silence for two weeks. I finally was able to speak with the recruiter and was told the interview went very well but the team decided to go another way. Was given very positive feedback and recruiter could not provide clear context or constructive feedback on why I was rejected.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Workday

Join the conversation on

Consulting Salary Comparison

3m

works at

Workday

Trying to get a feel for salary expectations at somewhere like Accenture or Deloitte. Currently a Consulting Manager at Workday. Master of Arts in Organizational Management, 6 years experience Consulting, 1 year experience as a Consulting Manager. Prior to Consulting also 3 years of a leadership + 5 years non-leadership experience with different company. Total years in workforce = 15. What level might I qualify for at Deloitte or Accenture and what might Base+Bonus or Total Comp look like?

4 Comments

Join the conversation on

Workday

Application

I interviewed at Workday

Interview

I wouldn't know - I submitted my resume and complete application at 8:10pm and by 9:00pm I received a response back saying I was not qualified. I have over 20 years of ERP & HR Software experience and am currently working in the exact same position at a competitor company. I'm certainly glad they didn't waste my time and showed me that the grass may not always be greener!

8 people found this interview helpful

Workday

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Workday in Dec 2017

Interview

2 telephone interviews, one of which included a presentation. Then a face to face with another presentation. Did the final interview in December 2017, and still nothing heard. Have now given up chasing. What a shame, I thought this was a professional company!

2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (London, England) in Nov 2017

Interview

The process of the interview was long but informative after each interview. I had 3 interviews. 1 via skype, 1 in person at the local office and 1 at the headquarters in CA.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Atlanta, GA)

Interview

Three phone screens, then flown into Atlanta for 3 more behavioral based interviews plus presentation. Presentation was the easiest part of the interview. Thought the interview in Atlanta was going to be a meet and greet type thing. I was positive I would be offered a job. I had already had phone screens with the people that I met onsite and they had gone really well. I was shocked when I received an email the next day that 'although my resume and background are impressive' they 'would like to pursue other candidates'. Talk about a kick in the chicklets.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Workday (Atlanta, GA) in Mar 2017

Interview

Multiple phone interviews from current HCM Consultants followed by an onsite interview in NYC. The onsite interview included giving a presentation to a panel. Entire process was smooth and expectations were clear.

Interview Questions
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (New York, NY) in Sep 2016

Interview

Role Base Interviews with a mock Presentations - Good format except that the interviewers did NOT play their roles - this would be critical for the role-play to work - then faulted the interview solely on the presentation - either that team were poor interviewers or they had made up their minds before I got there and didn't have the courtesy to cancel - I may have been older than they expected :-)

Interview Questions
  • 4 1 on 1 interviews each interviewer covering 2 competencies for a total of 8 different areas such as client interaction project management etc - what if questions - no right or wrong answer
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Melbourne) in Sep 2016

Interview

Telephone interview with a senior manager followed by an interview in their Melbourne offices with the line manager and a peer. I was very keen to get the job, very well prepared and had two very good interviews. Had good rapport with the interviewers and received positive feedback at the end of both interviews. I was obviously disappointed to get rejected, but can accept that other candidates were more suitable. However when I asked for some feedback as to why they didn't want to go through, I didn't get any reply at all. I would have liked to know how I can improve or what skills were missing, but I guess I will never know... I think this is a missed opportunity because this is a small industry and our paths may cross in the future. This is why I have rated this interview negatively.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Workday (New York, NY) in Mar 2016

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter via LinkedIn. After a delightful conversation with her, then I talked with a Senior recruiter and then a Director. It was all a very good and positive experience! The research that I did online was well worth it and helped to prepare me overall.

Interview Questions
  • What do I think I can bring to the position that would have a positive experience for clients?
1 person found this interview helpful

Work at Workday? Share Your Experiences

Affiliated Companies

Workday Careers

Cover image for Workday

As a company, we seek market opportunity and impact. As people, we want to enjoy our jobs and those we work with. From day one, our...More

• Our Values
  • Technology
  • Social Responsibility
  • Global Workplace

Company Updates

Logo

498 days ago

Company News
We’re excited to announce that we plan to increase our global workforce by more than 20%. Our Co-CEOs Aneel Bhusri and Chano Fernandez discuss plans to scale and innovate on our path to $10 billion in revenue.
Shared image - How We Plan to Grow Workday's Workforce by More than 20 Percent
How We Plan to Grow Workday's Workforce by More than 20 Percent
blog.workday.com

Workday Photos

+ Add Photo
Workday photo of: At Workday, work-life balance is very important to us. We want to make sure your family feels like part of Workday.
Workday photo of: Our Marketing team volunteers with Open Heart Kitchen, writing 300 holiday cards and packing 300 bags of food for those in need. Great work team!
Workday photo of: It's Halloween at Workday and our offices are transformed!
Workday photo of: Embracing fun and challenge in and out of the office, these gutsy Generation Workday employees skydived together from 13,000 feet.
Workday photo of: We were excited to host a recent Bay Area Girl Geek dinner at our San Francisco office, complete with networking, raffle prizes, and an awesome lineup of presentations by Workday Girl Geek speakers!

Expert Career Advice