Cover image for Workday

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Workday Sr. Engagement Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 1.2K interviews

Other13%
3.4
HardAverageEasy

Workday

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workday

Interview

3 virtual interviews. Then I moved on to an in-person presentation that also had 3 in person interviews. The process happened over a 3 weeks period. I have heard it can take months though. The presentation was a mock Steering Committee.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time you had to have a difficult conversation
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Workday

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Workday in Dec 2019

Interview

Workday has a very intensive and elongated Interview process for this position level. My experience relates to applying for a Remote/Home Office based position, if you are hiring for an in-office position the process may be different... Expect to meet with a recruiter first, this is a gateway interview. If you pass that your resume is passed onto the Hiring Manager or Hiring Group. If they green-light your resume you will be setup with a Phone/Zoom Interview. This typically is with the hiring manager and is setup for 60 minutes. If you do well in this interview there will be a 2nd Phone/Zoom interview setup with a Peer of the Hiring Manager. Once thru that typically a decision will be made if you will be brought into an Office for an in person interview. IF you are invited into the office you still will have a 3rd Phone/Zoom interview first, with another Peer of the Hiring Manager. The Office interview consists of two parts: 1.) In person 60 minute interview with the Hiring Manager 2.) A Presentation that you will need to give to a group. You will be doing a 'Mock Steering Committee' update. Around 5-7 days before your in person interview you will be given a case study, from that case study you have to create a presentation and then present to a 3-5 person Mock Steering committee. That is the extent of the process, after the Presentation you should be contacted within 1-2 business days by the Recruiter with an outcome.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Workday

Join the conversation on

Consulting Salary Comparison

2m

works at

Workday

Trying to get a feel for salary expectations at somewhere like Accenture or Deloitte. Currently a Consulting Manager at Workday. Master of Arts in Organizational Management, 6 years experience Consulting, 1 year experience as a Consulting Manager. Prior to Consulting also 3 years of a leadership + 5 years non-leadership experience with different company. Total years in workforce = 15. What level might I qualify for at Deloitte or Accenture and what might Base+Bonus or Total Comp look like?

4 Comments

Join the conversation on

Workday

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workday

Interview

Multiple phone Interviews followed by in person interviews and one prepares a mock presentation. Put a lot of work into it and 2 of the 5 people didn’t bother to attend. Questions were the type one would ask a newbie, not a seasoned professional with 30 years experience. And nickel and dimes expenses. $10 in tips not paid because no receipt? Who gets a receipt for cash tips? Ridiculous.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Workday

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday in Nov 2018

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by half day of inperson interviews with different members of the project teams. Applicant is given a case to present to team during the final interview of the onsite visit.

Interview Questions
  • How do you engage a room full of individuals with competing priorities and limited resources.
  • How do you position a product that is still developing and missing some key components.
  • How do you handle scope creep?

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Chicago, IL) in Sep 2018

Interview

I applied on the website and after 1 week I got contacted by HR and had my first interview. After that one I had a series of other interviews and went finally to a sort of role play face to face interview where I had to present to a steering committee. The experience has been great, very good interview style.

Interview Questions
  • Please explain one of the most complex challenges you had on a project and how you have dealt with it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mercer Island, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday (Mercer Island, WA) in Mar 2018

Interview

Terrible waste of time, the recruiter was unresponsive and blew off committed meetings that she set up 2 times! Many other people seem to have experienced the same thing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Workday (Dallas, TX) in Sep 2017

Interview

1 phone call with HR, 3 calls with business (hiring manager, peer, head of department). Clear and organised. The job sounds interesting, and the current team structure as well. However, I'm disapointed because I've never had any feedback after that... even if I sent an email to the HR department...

Interview Questions
  • Classic questions: Why Workday? Have you work on similar projects? Describe your experience in project management, stakeholders management, 3rd vendor management, communication style
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Seattle, WA) in Jul 2015

Interview

Applied online. Then initial phone screen with a recruiter. Then second phone screen with a second recruiter. Neither seemed to know much about the field or the role, so it was difficult to feel like I was getting a fair assessment. They wanted to send me forward to a phone screen with the hiring manager, but I opted out. The job sounds really interesting and the company fantastic, but I'm not interested in 60% travel.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
RSS Feed
</>Embed

Popular Careers with Workday Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Workday? Share Your Experiences

Affiliated Companies

Workday Careers

Cover image for Workday

As a company, we seek market opportunity and impact. As people, we want to enjoy our jobs and those we work with. From day one, our...More

• Our Values
  • Technology
  • Social Responsibility
  • Global Workplace

Company Updates

Logo

488 days ago

Company News
We’re excited to announce that we plan to increase our global workforce by more than 20%. Our Co-CEOs Aneel Bhusri and Chano Fernandez discuss plans to scale and innovate on our path to $10 billion in revenue.
Shared image - How We Plan to Grow Workday's Workforce by More than 20 Percent
How We Plan to Grow Workday's Workforce by More than 20 Percent
blog.workday.com

Workday Photos

+ Add Photo
Workday photo of: At Workday, work-life balance is very important to us. We want to make sure your family feels like part of Workday.
Workday photo of: Our Marketing team volunteers with Open Heart Kitchen, writing 300 holiday cards and packing 300 bags of food for those in need. Great work team!
Workday photo of: It's Halloween at Workday and our offices are transformed!
Workday photo of: Embracing fun and challenge in and out of the office, these gutsy Generation Workday employees skydived together from 13,000 feet.
Workday photo of: We were excited to host a recent Bay Area Girl Geek dinner at our San Francisco office, complete with networking, raffle prizes, and an awesome lineup of presentations by Workday Girl Geek speakers!

Expert Career Advice