Workday Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer, User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

I went to the school career fair and gave my resume to the engineer who was present. A recruiter called me for an on-campus interview. 10 days after the on-campus interview, I was invited to the final round on-site interviews (4 interviews, 45 minutes each).

Overall, a positive experience. The recruiters always responded to emails and the whole process was organized.

Interview Questions

• Given a linked list of characters, print the characters in reverse order.   3 Answers

Presales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Workday (Irvine, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiting associate who had found my LinkedIn profile. It was a brief, under 15 minute chat about the role, compensation and location. In the end, the recruiter referred my resume to a senior recruiter for a more in-depth interview. The senior recruiter did a good job of reviewing my experience against the open position. Ultimately, they decided to pursue other candidates who may have a more in-depth accounting background or who were accountants by profession.

Interview Questions

• They were mainly interested to know what my experience and expertise was in complex accounting software as well as business intelligence applications.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I first spoke with Workday during my university's career fair. About a week after, I had an on campus technical interview. A few days later, I received an e-mail to go on-site. The on-site interview consisted of four interviews, two behavioral and two technical. Overall, the interviewers were very kind and patient. It was clear that they were really interested in learning my background and wanted to help me succeed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview, and then about 2 weeks later I got the final interview invitation to go on site. The onsite interview composes for 4 interviews in which 2 of them are technical and 2 are behavioral. I thought the interviewers were very nice and the interviews went well, but I did not get an offer. My recruiter called me and told me that I am not offered and I thought that was very good of Workday to do this. I recommend interviewing with Workday, because Workday is doing great things.

Interview Questions

• mixed of questions from CS fundamentals. Data structures, SQL.   1 Answer

Software Engineering, Applications Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview lasted over an hour. The first half was behavioral questions, mainly about my background. The second half was comprised of two technical questions. There two questions were focused on Object-Oriented programming methods and reasoning behind certain design choices.

Interview Questions

• What is the name of the theory we just used? And why did we use it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Workday (Tacoma, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied at college fair and interviewed in person the next day. I was told about the company by recruiters at the college fair, and it seemed like they were giving interviews to anyone to handed them a resume. They were very polite and professional during all times. Compared to other interviews for similar positions the interviewer was rather unclear on what he wanted from me as far as the problem goes.

Interview Questions

• Given set of objects and was told to assign relations between them how I see fit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Had a referral and talked to them at the career fair. Ended up having an on campus interview for an applications developer position, which I didn't want to do because you only develop in their proprietary language. Told the interviewer that, and heard back a few weeks later from a recruiter in regards to my referral.

This now was for an intern position on the tooling side. Set up an interview with a senior manager, in which the manager called me late (I had to email the recruiters asking if he was going to call, and I suppose they had to remind him). That interview went ok, but the manager seemed very disinterested during the whole thing. Finished the interview which lasted about 20 min, then got an email about 2 weeks later asking for a final technical phone interview.

The final technical phone interview was with a software engineer, and started with some trivia questions about Java, then went into a coding question (all verbal describing approach, no coding). I thought I did well on this part, but apparently not. Heard back from the recruiter about 1.5 weeks later saying no offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you find if a linked list has a loop in it?

Given K sorted integer arrays filled on average with N elements, how do you find a minimal span of numbers that contain at least one number from each array (inclusive of the boundaries).
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was recruited at a career fair on campus and was scheduled for an on campus interview very quickly. The interview was brief and informal, and the interviewer was quite casual and easygoing. Passed Round 1.

Interview Questions

• Find the first non-repeating character in a string.   4 Answers

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was thorough. I was phone-interviewed by the recruiter, who then asked for work samples from me. After that, I phone-interviewed by the hiring manager, who gave me a pretty involved writing assignment. That was a success, and then I was invited in to the office for 6 in-person interviews (1 recruiter and 5 from the department/partner departments).

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Workday in October 2016.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter at a campus career fair and was invited to on-campus interviews a few days later. The interview was 30 min and behavioral. Was asked very typical behavioral questions, e.g. tell me about yourself, what do you hope to get out of this internship, questions about my classes/extracurriculars/projects, and what I know about the company/position. Currently waiting for a response.