Workday Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.8

Integration Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was the first telephonic interview. It lasted for 30 mins, as planned. The interview was more of an informal discussion. There were no specific interview questions. The interviewer asked about my background, what i have done, how did i scale to the role i am currently into. Why do it think the position that i applied to, suits my long term plans ? How do i envision myself growing and scaling in Workday. In the last part, i asked questions about what type of work will i do if i get selected.

Interview Questions

• Where do i see myself in next 5 years at workday ?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday in April 2017.

Interview

This was a phone screen that was given by someone who is [hopefully] new to giving phone interviews. Within 10 ten seconds of getting on the call he launched into his list of questions, most of which were incredibly easy. However, the range of topics left me wondering what position I was actually applying for as some questions had no relevance to the job description. While the interviewer was nice enough, there was no engagement or personality. The call ended almost as abruptly as it began. It was a very bizarre interaction and I was OK with not moving the process along.

Sales Operation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

The hiring process was dragged out for a couple months. First had a phone interview, I followed up and didn't hear anything back. About a month and a half later they finally responded asking to come in for an interview I replied no answer. Another 2 weeks went by and they scheduled the interview for a few more weeks out. Finally went in for an in person interview was pretty standard they failed to follow up again. Because they dragged this out for so long I missed out on an opportunity with another position. This is highly unprofessional and just plain rude the least they could do is be straight with me. Won't be pursuing this company again it was not a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions regarding previous roles with a few excel questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Workday (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I have been with a competitor for a number of years now and I get recruiters contacting me on multiple occasions. Every once in awhile I do make it a point to have a conversation with a recruiter from a competitor to know the marketplace and keep job changes in my back pocket. When Workday emailed me it was no different - I agreed to a meeting and scheduled it in my calendar. This is now the second time I have agreed to a meeting with Workday after being contacted and have been "stood" up. To be honest, I could not believe how unprofessional it was. No email, no call, no communication after the no show. I had to remind myself that Workday reached out to ME on numerous occasions, not the other way around. Sad to say I will never consider this organization should I decide to make a career move.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with the hiring manager, and a week later an onsite interview with the team members and a technical architect. It took about 4 hours.

HCM Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Workday (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews from current HCM Consultants followed by an onsite interview in NYC. The onsite interview included giving a presentation to a panel. Entire process was smooth and expectations were clear.

Senior Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief call with recruiter first
    Call with HM like what i did, team structure, my role etc
    Mostly Behavioral questions and then followed up by design session
    Design session with Hiring Manager and 3 other Product Managers.

Interview Questions

• Design session - on the go a topic was given which i was presented with white board and all people asking questions. Don't panic and try to be interactive and you would do fine
      - All Interviewers had given set of questions. Mostly behavioral   Answer Question

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Workday (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was referred to this position at Workday. I heard back from the recruiter within a few days and set a call within a week.
    He was friendly, professional and most importantly, candid. We figured out earlier in the call that it wasn't a fit for either party. If I had more experience there may have been more of a conversation.
    This was one of the best interactions I've had with a recruiter, and I work in the industry.
    There is no doubt I will keep Workday in mind and continue checking their site for future opportunities.

Interview Questions

• What type of full-cycle recruiting experience do you have? Have you negotiated offers and closed candidates?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

intense; phone interview followed by panel interview, panel interview with peers and managers, this was followed by cross functional team interview, questions were largely centered on experience, not many questions about technologies in use at workday

Software Engineer, Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Workday (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It was campus interview. At first, I had to briefly introduce myself. And then we went right into a simple OOP problem. Given little at the beginning, but the answer grew large as interviewers wanted me to add more features on top of it. After oop problem, interviewers asked if I had any question.