Workday Interview Questions in Pleasanton, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

162 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Vmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 3 on site interviews. Was told by the recruiter after the first on site panel interview that the hiring manager wanted to make me an offer and they loved meeting me. Was then told by the recruiter that they wanted me to meet the senior manager but recruiter said it wasn't going to be technical and would be a breeze. Went onsite AGAIN to meet senior manager for 45 minutes and of course it was technical and not a breeze. A day later told by the recruiter that a couple people had slight concerns about my "fit" for the team and was wanting me onsite AGAIN for 45 minutes to meet with hiring manager and two team members, one of which I didn't meet previously, to assure them about the slight "fit" issues. Went onsite and the actual issue was with the Senior manager not thinking I had enough experience in one particular area. So the team hammered me in that particular area- oh yay. Needless to say I was not offered the position. There was one message from the recruiter and another message from the hiring manager. Worst freakin interview process I have ever been through. Don't mention an offer unless it's actually going to materialize. STAY AWAY...FAR FAR AWAY. Unless you like driving and interviewing multiple times on site.

Interview Questions

• Name the default MPIO setting in VMware when adding a VMFS datastore.   1 Answer

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very well organized with 2 phone screens prior to the 2 onsite interviews. Each step was briefed by the recruiting manager prior to any communication with hiring managers and team. I was even supported by the hiring manager in the final interview in what to expect from the VP, who was the final interview.

Interview Questions

• What is it about Workday that attracted you to the position?   1 Answer

Senior Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

This review is more about the interaction I had with the recruiter vs. the actual interview. The actual interview consisted of 2 or 3 phone interviews, and then a 4 hour in-person interview. Everyone I interviewed with was great and I had a great experience during the interview itself. Prepare for LOTS of behavioral questions. There is a standard rubric for interviewing at Workday and it relies heavily on "tell me a time when..." questions.

I had a great interview and was pretty certain I was getting an offer. I waited two weeks and heard nothing. I emailed the Workday recruiter that had set up the interview for me to ask for an update. A completely different recruiter emailed me back (I think she was junior to the main recruiter I was working with?).

Her response was copy pasted to the point that you could see the paragraph indentations of two separate emails she had pieced together. None of it was personalized for me. It was all generic "you were not selected for this role" stuff. I replied that I was surprised/disappointed, and had a few questions about applying to Workday in the future. She responded but didn't answer any of the questions I asked in my followup email. I felt it was really unprofessional and dehumanizing to be pushed off to another recruiter for my rejection email that was copy pasted after a month or more of talking with the team. Really shocking considering they actually develop recruiting software.

Interview Questions

• There was a design session with a panel of 4 people - pretty standard in terms of PM interviews but different in that there is more than 1 person in the room giving you the interview, so more use cases to consider and more ways they will try to trip you up or change requirements.   Answer Question

Software Development Manager (Applications) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard process. First a phone call with the recruiter on general job fit, location etc. Second a phone call with the hiring manager. This was mostly behavioral questions. The third round was a phone screen focused on object oriented design. The final round then was an interview day including a series of one on one interviews with product management, engineering managers and engineers, and the recruiter. It was the to be expected job fit and management style questions. In addition, the engineers ran me through an object-oriented design case study. This was well prepared, challenging, but fun.

Overall, the interview process was well organized and radiated a very attractive company culture of empowerment and respect for everybody.

Interview Questions

• Design the main classes for a library system where individuals can rent the following items...   1 Answer

Integration Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was the first telephonic interview. It lasted for 30 mins, as planned. The interview was more of an informal discussion. There were no specific interview questions. The interviewer asked about my background, what i have done, how did i scale to the role i am currently into. Why do it think the position that i applied to, suits my long term plans ? How do i envision myself growing and scaling in Workday. In the last part, i asked questions about what type of work will i do if i get selected.

Interview Questions

• Where do i see myself in next 5 years at workday ?   1 Answer

Senior Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief call with recruiter first
    Call with HM like what i did, team structure, my role etc
    Mostly Behavioral questions and then followed up by design session
    Design session with Hiring Manager and 3 other Product Managers.

Interview Questions

• Design session - on the go a topic was given which i was presented with white board and all people asking questions. Don't panic and try to be interactive and you would do fine
      - All Interviewers had given set of questions. Mostly behavioral   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

intense; phone interview followed by panel interview, panel interview with peers and managers, this was followed by cross functional team interview, questions were largely centered on experience, not many questions about technologies in use at workday

Giving and Doing Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and the hiring manager was kind enough to do an informal "meet and greet" with me first. Then I was advanced to 3 rounds of phone interviews - may have been due to the fact that I was traveling - but ultimately did not receive an offer for the job. However, the hiring manager was very gracious to offer her support for other openings at Workday.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this role? Do you see yourself pursuing a long-term career in CSR?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had to lead the questioning to understand the hot mess conditions with both the HR Recruiter Phone Screen and VP Phone Interview. That was already a HUGE RED FLAG me. That means their is a HOT MESS that the chosen candidate has to resolve and they don't want to scare away talent. Just own it and tell me; at least then I can respect Workday. Now, I am just ashamed for applying.

I am actually surprised they have a lack of BI Reporting given their product portfolio.

I RETRACTED my application based on the below.

Poor interviewing on Workday's end. Honestly, I expected much more. It does sound like The Great Hype is long dead, but, they continue drinking the Koolaid.

Too many current and past employees personal experiences we're negative of what I heard straight from the horses mouth from multiple departments.

It is publicly known that Workday People and Process Structure is a HOT MESS. You can't hide from Glassdoor and Other Outlets.

I DO NOT WANT TO WORK AT WORKDAY UNLESS THEY CLEAN UP THEIR ACT.

I would choose a 3 Hour Daily One Way Commute on that 680/580 Traffic knowing and visibly seeing Recognition, Challenge and Reward.

Department Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call saying they'd like to extend an interview to me. Initial interview was a phone screening with the HR department. Second round phone screening was with the manager I'd be working for. Final round interview was with the management team of the department.