Cover image for Workday

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Workday Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 30 of over 1.3K interviews

Recruiter8%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Workday

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday

Interview

3 rounds with 6 interviews 1) 30 min screening call with recruiter 2) 30 min interview with hiring manager 3) 3 30 min interviews and 1 hour design session All interviews were very conversational and interviewers were very nice. The design session was interesting as the panel gave you a chance to present your design based on a prompt and they asked follow up questions. They did ask tough questions as they are trying to see how much product knowledge you posses. The HM was transparent and informed me they have a lot of qualified candidates, especially with the recent tech layoffs.l so competition is stiff. I hope to hear back soon as it seems like a cool role with a wonderful company.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me something you worked on that you’re really proud of.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Vancouver, BC) in Apr 2022

Interview

Unprofessional, Misleading. Was told I would move to the next stage, only to find out after following up the hiring person didn't think I was qualified. So why even waste me time to begin with.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Workday

Application

I interviewed at Workday

Interview

4 rounds: 1st with recruiter. Straight forward questions. Tell me about yourself, talked little bit about the position itself. 2nd with hiring manager. 3rd with a team member on the team 4th with a panel reviewing a case.

Interview Questions
  • How would you build a product that respects privacy for individual and company's desire to collect personal information for diversity, equity, and inclusion?
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA)

Interview

5+ interviews, communications was generally good. Interviewers conducted interviews very professionally and generally seemed like a good fit. A lot of interviewers and employees in general appear to come from one particular company. The culture seemed to speak to it. Generally the interview questions seemed simple. The hiring manager appeared junior and unclear on the needs of the role. The REAL PROBLEM is the culture of recruiting. They rescinded an offer already made to me what appeared to be in favor of another internal candidate. I have other friends who work there so I came to know. That was really unprofessional and speaks to the culture overall. Will not be applying again as that left a bad taste..may be I dodged a bullet with this one. Plenty of amazing companies in the bay area. Not worth your time as your offer may not actually turn out good until you actually join and get an employee id card. Keep your other offers and only turn this down when you join. But again you must have to be desperate to join such an unethical culture.

Interview Questions
11 people found this interview helpful

Workday

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workday in Aug 2021

Interview

Applied online, and was contacted to have a recruiter screen. Took two plus weeks and two bumps to get the call finally scheduled. Call was via Zoom, but the interviewer had her video off which was odd. She proceeded to ask me if I had PMed b2b saas in the past and if I had more than 5 years of experience in that sort of capacity. If she had looked at my resume, she could have easily seen the answer to both of those questions. Felt unprofessional and unprepared.

Interview Questions
  • Have you PMed B2B SaaS? Do you have more than 5 years of PM experience?

Workday

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workday

Interview

Very smooth interview process. Starts with Recruiter screening for 30 mins. Followed by a 45 mins interview with hiring manager. Final round is a 3 hour interview with 4 people from product and engineering team. Overall, everyone I spoke with were very friendly and welcoming. I enjoyed my conversations with each interviewer.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in Jun 2021

Interview

Started with a brief call with the recruiter to talk about the role and the fit. Then moved on to a longer video phone call with the hiring manager that dove deeper into the skills involved with the role. After this, I was invited to interview with the rest of the team with a series of interviews over three hours on Zoom. However, they scheduled this interview for me two weeks out, and approximately one week before my scheduled interview date, they sent me B a generic rejection email saying they had moved on with another candidate. I find it extremely unprofessional for a company to simply keep a candidate on the back-burner in this way without any sort of communication.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA)

Interview

Had initial screening interview. It went well and they said they would get back to me. Never heard anything even after following up. After a month got an automated rejection. Extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Workday (Boulder, CO) in Jan 2021

Interview

First screen with a recruiter, then a zoom with the hiring manager, then a final part of the interview was a round robin of interviews typical of PM interviews -- 1 hour with 2 engineering managers, 1 hours with 2 Sr. members of the product team and a final hour with PMs to do a product breakdown.

Interview Questions
  • After selecting a product to discuss main personas of that, how you would grown the product, how you prioritize the growth.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday (Los Angeles, CA) in Sep 2020

Interview

9 interview rounds, 1-1 with product management team, professional services, engineering, and UX design teams. All 30 minutes long. Focus on culture fit and technical knowledge on product and product management concepts like Agile, Scrum, and how to ship and improve a product within Workday suite.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Interviews