Workday QA Automation Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Workday QA Automation Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening by hiring manager followed by 3 hours onsite.

Everyone was very friendly. Recruiter told me after 4 days of onsite that everyone liked me very much and offered me the position. All good so far. The offer was average. I was trying to get little more than offered and recruiter emailed me later that my offer has been REVOKED. What a shock for me. One side, everyone liked me and other side they revoked offer for negotiation.

Be extremely careful during negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Nothing super technical. Main focus was on prior experience and challenges. Also, if you had this situation, how did you overcome the issues.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Workday

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workday in April 2015.

Interview

Had a first round. The easiest interview I ever conducted, no pressure no one trying to find your limits.
    If the working culture anywhere anything like interview I AM IN.
    Waiting for the call back and a good news.

Interview Questions

• Everyone asked: Why Workday?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Was referred by a friend and got an email from the recruiter to set up time with the manager to do a phone interview.
    The interview was set up for the same week. It was a 20 mins call and was asked to come by for an onsite interview.
    Onsite Interview took another week to be scheduled because of commitments on both ends.
    Onsite Interview was for 2 hours with 4 people.
    Was offered a job within the week of the onsite interview.

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interviewing process was very good. Responses were very quick. Hiring process was very smooth. An offer was made pretty quickly. Manager was okay with me needing more time to start my job.

Interview Questions

• Java Object model, Object oriented concepts, QA methodology, Debugging skills, Unix, Project management, communication   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

I spoke on my university campus with a recruiter from Workday for approximately 45 minutes. The following week, I had a phone interview with a manager of the Technology QA group for one hour. I was notified via email that I was accepted for final round interviews on-site in Pleasanton. I was interviewed by 6 people spanning 3 hours, and was asked about the skills listed on my résumé, as well as other concepts pertaining to the position I was applying for. Four days later, I was called and offered a position, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Please go up to the white board and write an example of a SQL query that uses an intersection and a union.   Answer Question
    • Please go up to the white board and write an example of a java class with some methods and variables.   1 Answer
    • Do you believe automation is more important than manual QA?   2 Answers

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Workday (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2016.

Interview

face2face with 8 people - 2 afternoons.
    First time I have been interviwed to one particular team, then the head thought that I could fit to another team (big big mistake) , so I went to second round of interview, to be honest, was not the big deal, I had 8/9 person to interview, at no stage I felt stressed by question or by the situation. I have been in touch with recruiter as final person to discuss with, and I francly asked for 10K gross more the salary adbertised, and they were happy to gave them to me.
    I resigned after few month. I could not handle the thecnology XpressO.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Have an advize: Ask for more money if you are in position. If the advertise the position for let say 50K, ask for 60K and so on.