Workiva Customer Success Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Workiva Customer Success Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Workiva

2.6

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Workiva in January 2019.

Interview

I had an opportunity to speak to Andrew who was very friendly and was able to put me at ease right away!

The screening call was meant to be 30 minutes but he was kind enough to go over to ensure we covered everything for both parties. It was really a joy to chat with him to learn about Workiva.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Workiva

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workiva (Dallas, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview the following week. Then proceeded onto the face to face interview. The face to face interview was very relaxed with all your typical "Tell me about a time when..." questions. Interview was three hours long and I interviewed with 6 different people which became repetitive and redundant answering the same questions. They also then test you on use of excel, a test phone call with a customer, and answering an email. Overall, I walked out feeling confident and culture of the office seemed great. Unfortunately, I was not selected to continue on.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you worked with a group to accomplish a goal   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Workiva (Chicago, IL) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview was three hours long, which would've made sense if they asked a wider variety of questions, but I ended up feeling like a broken record because the 6-7 people I talked to asked me the same things over and over. I also thought it was unfair that they required a "test" of their program, which neither I nor any other interviewee has had any exposure to. I ended up feeling really frustrated because I was not doing well at something I'd never even been able to try before.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance when you disagreed with a supervisor, and tell us how you handled it.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workiva in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from the Hiring Team to get a few ideas about you, your job experience and to see how you fit within their expectations. Next they set up an interview at the local site and spent three and a half hours interviewing with seven people in person and over the phone. Also you have an evaluation to perform to know if you can use Excel and can write an email. I was told I would receive an answer within days. A week goes by and I receive an invite to perform yet another interview over the phone. This time I was told to expect an answer within days and again a week goes by with no response. After emailing several times they will respond to you but don't expect them to get back to you in a timely/professional manner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workiva (Denver, CO) in November 2012.

Interview

For clarity, I am employed full-time and had already decided that this was not a good fit for me, so this review is not a result of the rejection. I am also fortunate enough to have had a lot of interview experience lately, and I find that companies' posts can be misleading.
    My phone interview was a bit awkward. I was scheduled with a specific person, and I spent a decent amount of time researching this person to form appropriate topics of discussion. Apparently this person was "too busy" to do my phone interview, so someone else called in his place. This could be a test of its own?
    The gal that performed my phone interview had only worked at the company for seven or eight months and was not in charge of any aspect of the hiring process (not HR nor the hiring staff), and as such, found it difficult to answer most of my questions. She was super friendly and warm, so at least it was conversational, but it was not what I had prepared for.
    I received a call to schedule an in-person interview (after the gal tried to schedule me for my "first initial phone interview" again) and readily adjusted my schedule to meet the two-hour time frame for which I was scheduled. When I received the written confirmation, the directions were for an address in Arizona (I'm in Denver). Having read a previous post here about the awful travel experience, I immediately was concerned that I had somehow been scheduled for the same situation. I guess it's an easy error, but I was happy to have caught the problem and resolved the issue quickly, while I wondered how many other people would have entered that into their GPS on interview day and had no resolve. They later sent a form letter to the candidates correcting the error, which I assume would not have been caught if I, as a candidate, had not brought it to their attention early. (I also found a personal annoyance with the fact that all correspondence/interview times were scheduled to Central Standard Time as opposed to my local Mountain Standard Time, which would be typical business practice.)
    I had also received a schedule with the persons with whom I would be meeting. The day prior to my interview, I emailed the gal in HR to confirm that these were still the four people I should expect to meet, and this was verified. I researched each of them, and in my standard practice, made high-quality presentations of my resume for each of the four people (spending over $22 on paper, printing, and materials) only to find out upon arrival that I would be meeting with eight people.
    The interviews were in sets of two, two, three, and one (interviewers). It felt very impersonal and more like speed-dating than interviewing. As a professional, I prefer to be able to express my positive qualities in an interview as opposed to feeling as though I am defending myself to a board. On the plus side, it was nice to be exposed to so many different personalities within the team. Unfortunately, I found myself wondering if I was repeating myself to the same people, or if what I was saying was new to this "round", and it was quite distracting after a couple hours. I found it irritating that I had (expensively) prepared four resume packets and was short by half as a result of the unexpected additional people; I pride myself on preparedness and proper presentation.
    The folks were nice enough, but I learned that several of the people interviewing me had been at the company for very short lengths of time, and as a current Manager myself, I'm not sure people with a shorter tenure (far less than a year in several cases) have acquired the skills to judge new teammates.
    The in-person interviews were not as prepared as they could have been and, for the most part, were quite canned. Both on the phone and in person, I was asked to explain the "several gaps" in my employment history over the last five years - I've been employed at my company non-stop for over six.

Interview Questions

• Say you and nine co-workers are standing on a lake. You know the lake is completely frozen and is okay to stand on. You find a hole leading to the water underneath. In which order of your co-workers do you jump into the water?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Workiva (Denver, CO).

Interview

You interview with a lot of people and it actually is for your benefit as well. There is a consistent message and it seems like they are trying to be sure that you fit into their culture as well as being qualified.

Interview Questions

• They asked a few "What would you do in this situation" type questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workiva (Ames, IA) in July 2014.

Interview

I first applied on Workivas website. I was then contacted via email to schedule an interview. The first interview was over the phone. There were no really tough questions. It seemed as if they were trying to make sure I was willing to stay with Workiva for a long time. I was intending to, but the interviewer insisted it sounded as if I was using the job as a stepping stone.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workiva in July 2012.

Interview

I first received an email with an invitation for a phone interview asking the best time to be contacted. I never heard back after I responded. I then received another email asking the same question, about 3 months later. I finally got the phone interview and it was more of a "get to know you" interview. She didn't ask any of the usual questions about how my previous positions would help with the job I was applying for. It felt like she wasn't really interested, but had to go through the motions.

She then said there was going to be a group interview the following month and would send details. I never heard from the recruiter again.