Workiva Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Workiva Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Workiva

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Workiva (Boulder, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

4 interviews with 3 people. Coding problems using an online tool. They asked me to code in Python, which I had never done before and I told them. Well try anyway. May as well have been Chinese. I had to code Fibonacci numbers. How is that a way to find excellent programmers? You're looking for cloud experience, web experience, JAVA, etc and this your preferred coding test? Then I never heard back, not even a "thanks for coming".

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Workiva

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Workiva (Ames, IA) in August 2017.

Interview

The first two interviews with HR and phone screen went great. Then my terrible experience follows (this may sound like a paragraph of excuses, but bare with me).

I applied through a recruiter and really relied on her for next steps. I had repeatedly asked if there is anything I need to do or prepare for the last interview, which I was told no, it was just conversational and meet and greets. I got the itinerary to be in Ames for 4 hours. At this point, I should have gone with my gut and done my due dilligence. No, I blindly take her word for it and get thrown into a 4 hour grilling (not terrible, but hell for anyone unprepared).

I answered poorly. I knew it. They knew it. I wasn't prepared to explain projects or pass a simple tech screen. Which leads to the next point that ultimately delivers certain death of my candidacy.

Again, I was not in the least bit prepared (my fault, I know, should have just prepped like normal instead of listening to a recruiter) and I hadn't done and back-end work in 3 months, as I am at a client for front-end only. Let me list why it was bad.

It was a tech screen others got to do at home. Not a big deal, except they had a chance to get familiar with coderpad. I didn't.

They use MacBooks so typing on them was like typing on glass shards.

Their whiteboard wasn't working. All that was a pen and paper.

In summary, I had to do a tech screen that was infinitely harder where other candidates had a chance to familiarize with coderpad, its autocomplete benefits, a chance to actually know they are getting a tech screen, their own mouse and keyboard they're comfortable with, a whiteboard, and actual time to prepare for it. I got a pen, paper, and two guys looking over my shoulder (they were super nice and professional though). Of course no feedback. I don't need it to know why I failed it. Any competent mid-level could pass it, so obviously failing something you know you could pass would be frustrating as all hell.

Plenty of blame to go around, but do your due dilligence like normal and you'll be fine. Don't be like me and assume everything is awesome.

Interview Questions

• Sort a list in order of last access time   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Workiva (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2018.

Interview

Overall, the experience wasn't good. The first interaction with a recruiter went great, she spent a lot of time asking questions, to determine if it was a good fit. After that call, the communication was really sporadic, and always through jobvite emails. Sometimes she'd miss replies, and also would turn over scheduling calls to another assistant. Two or three times they weren't on the same page. I finally got a video hangout interview scheduled with two different managers, I thought that went well, and ultimately one of those managers wanted to move forward. A week or two later I did a video hangout with two developers for a technical screen, these two were really unprepared and it was awkward. Next I was told I'd be invited to an on-site interview. The next day I was informed, that I had to do a take home project instead. This was to fix some bugs and add some features to a chrome extension. Finally, an on-site was scheduled. At this point, it had been nearly two months since I applied. I interviewed with someone in product, then the hiring manager, then had an informal lunch catered in, then interviewed with the same two guys who did the technical screen before. It was just as painful as before. Finally, I finished with the manager and another lead dev, who had me do some whiteboarding.

Interview Questions

• Design a deck of cards, how would you model it, what classes or methods would be needed, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missoula, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workiva (Missoula, MT) in February 2016.

Interview

Knew someone at the company, submitted application via their website, was contacted by in-house recruiter. There was a screening call, an online coding challenge, then a panel interview on-site.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm in the language of your choice to find the subset of an array of integers with the largest sum. For example in the array [1, 5, 0, -11, 4] the subset with the largest sum is [1,5]   2 Answers