Workiva Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Workiva Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Workiva

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workiva (Tempe, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

WebFilings came to my school's career fair, and I happened to give my resume to one of the recruiters at their booth. They contacted me a couple of days later about scheduling an interview for the following week. My interview was conducted by two men, one of whom seemed to be a manager. They started by asking about my resume and reviewing some of my experience. They asked me why I was interested in technology and software, they asked about some of my relevant coursework, and they asked about my extracurriculars. This lasted about 15 minutes, and then they launched into a technical interview that lasted for about 45 minutes. The first two questions weren't bad at all, and I finished them pretty quickly, but the third was pretty confusing, and I asked questions for a good five minutes before trying to solve it. Once they could tell I was struggling with the programming, they changed topics a little bit and asked more general computer science questions. I got an email a week later that was pretty cryptic. It didn't say that they were pursuing other candidates, it just said that they had assembled a team of qualified candidates, and that they invited me to visit their jobs page. I found that pretty strange... I expected them to tell me at least somewhat explicitly that I wouldn't be interviewing again. Instead, they didn't say anything about it, and it came off as pretty passive.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to write a program that would sort elements based on different keys. Each element would have a certain number of keys, and each key would contain a different data type. They wanted a function that would sort the elements based on whichever key was specified in the arguments.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Workiva

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Workiva (Bozeman, MT) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted through university career fair. The first round of technical interview was conducted over phone. It was relatively easy and I aced it. Soon after, I got an onsite interview call.

The onsite interview was in two on one format. They started with a Java code review where I was asked to provide criticism and pitfalls with a given code and a corresponding requirements.

I was then asked two more technical questions where I had to write code myself. The questions were "seen it all before" type, so I won't elaborate on them. I will discuss two questions which challenged (relatively and not really that hard) me most.

I eventually got a mail mentioning they will not go ahead with me which somehow made to my junk folder. I am pretty sure it's due to reasons other than my technical abilities, but I won't discuss on that here.

Interview Questions

• Given a code where a function parameter shares common name with class static variable, what happens when I try to access the variable inside the function.   1 Answer
    • Given a sorted integer array with duplicate elements, how many distinct pairs can be chosen so they add up to a certain value.   1 Answer