Workiva Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Workiva Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Workiva

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Workiva.

Interview

There was a brief phone introduction, an in-person interview, and then the offer. The interview process was about three hours. It involved a tour of the property (old buildings then), and a twenty to thirty minute talk with several other engineers and managers. The questions were appropriate and the interviewers were respectful and courteous.

Interview Questions

• Some "power" phrase like "What's the most difficult situation you've dealt with in a work environment."   Answer Question

Negotiation

The headhunter negotiated for me.

Other Interview Reviews for Workiva

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workiva (Ames, IA) in September 2015.

Interview

Short interview regarding resume and personality fit, followed by a longer technical interview that requires hands on coding (in a language of your choice). Introduced to multiple teams, both of which provide their own technical interview problems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workiva (Bozeman, MT) in November 2015.

Interview

I had the phone interview, there were a couple tech questions and some general questions like "why Workiva". I don't know any further steps for the entire process since I was rejected after phone interview. I was asked to use an online collaborative editor to answer tech questions. The interviewer did give me some hints when I was confusing about what he was asking.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Workiva (Denver, CO) in June 2018.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter, face to face with manager, two one hour Google Hangouts with dev team and architect. I thought it was a laid back, easy process where I got to meet the team and talk about my experience as a developer.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you did something wrong?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Workiva (Ames, IA) in January 2017.

Interview

Four thorough interviews that balanced testing my technical skill and gauging my fit for a specific team they were looking to hire for. Interviewed by members of that team after the initial phone screening, which was a positive in my experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workiva in November 2018.

Interview

It was the initial phone interview and the lady was rude and snarky when I told her I was applying to other jobs as well and this wasn't my golden egg of a job choice. So that is a time saver and a great representation of the company.
    She was pissed that I hadn't replied to her email.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Workiva.

Interview

Seemed like a decent place in the Denver DTC. Cordial phone interviews. Got to the place I was swarmed with the “nerd culture”. Tried to make small talk during one of the *many* bro interviews. I asked about the broncos and was berated for a good 15 minutes about how I was into “sportsball”. Like guys I get it now - you’re too intelligent to enjoy sports. Thanks.

Also had a few ad hoc interviews with the higher ups. Nothing but condescension and “sorry I scheduled this with you but I don’t have the time.”

Worst part was flying to Denver, going through an arduous interview process, and having to call back no less than three times to find out “oh we don’t have that position anymore.”

Basically this company is a bunch of people who’s ego exceed their mental competence. Sorry to call a spade a spade but that’s all there is here. If you want to submit to privileged people who don’t know what they’re doing - hit that apply button.

Interview Questions

• Start off with a round of 3v1 interviews. They ask ridiculous questions that have zero practicality.   1 Answer
    • 20 problems to be solved on a laptop. Not hard questions, but a lot of them were gotchas that tried to verify I was an “expert” in python.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to move to Denver?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Workiva (Bozeman, MT) in March 2017.

Interview

I was called and we set up a time for a 1 hour phone interview. During the interview, I was asked to write code in whatever language I was most comfortable in, and answered a series of questions. For each question, once I finished the initial part, I was then asked to tweak the program to make it work for a different solution. The interview was a month or two ago, and I was told that I would hear back within a week, but was never contacted.

Interview Questions

• Given the object below, create a function (Node root), that sums the values of every node in the binary tree represented by root.   Answer Question
    • Write a function(int n) that prints the integers from 1 to n (inclusive). But for multiples of three print “Fizz” instead of the number and for the multiples of five print “Buzz”. For numbers which are multiples of both three and five print “FizzBuzz”.
      -- This question was altered, and they eventually asked me to make it general for an array of values and a complementary array of Strings to print if the given value was found.   Answer Question
    • Write a function that returns the sum of all of the values in the list.   Answer Question

Software Engineer () Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Workiva (Ames, IA).

Interview

Pretty straightforward process. I spoke with a recruiter at the career fair and had an excellent talk and received an email that night inviting me to do an interview. After arriving for the interview, I was taken into a conference room where I was asked a few questions from my cover letter/resume and then proceded to do a live code demonstration in front of two senior software engineers at the company. I chose to do the questions in Java and was able to complete both challenges with time left over and had a casual conversation with the two employees for the remaining 10 minutes. After time was up, two new employees came in to do part two of the interview which was identical to the first part - some personality questions in the first 15 minutes or so and coding for the rest. They said I did a great job and would probably hear back from them, however, no offer was sent.

Interview Questions

• Write a class that simulates a deck of cards that implements a shuffle method and is able to deal a random card out of the deck.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Culture questions and small tricky algorithm questions, mostly very basic questions. May have assignments need to finish. It takes around one hour, the innovative is important. Out-school projects are what they are looking for.