World Financial Group Financial Planner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

World Financial Group Financial Planner Interview Questions

1.0

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Planner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at World Financial Group.

Interview

It was easy and was selected immediately after the interview. Then I was asked to pay for $ 100 for the exam fee which I found was okay , since I did not have any licence in insurance industry

Interview Questions

• General questions. It was mostly more like a interaction rather than question and answer type.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for World Financial Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at World Financial Group (New York, NY) in November 2008.

Interview

Pretty much a multi level marketing company in which you recruit as many people as possible while paying for our own tuition to obtain insurance licenses. There is no base salary, everything is based off commission from selling insurance products after you are licensed. Do not work for this company, they are essentially a scam.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want to work as an unpaid financial representative?   Answer Question

Financial Planner Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Financial Group in August 2010.

Interview

I am still upset that this company conned me into an interview. I had an ambush phone interview, without knowing what company had called me and what position it was for. When I asked, they told me it was Aegon. Since Aegon had a decent reputation, I decided to give it a shot. I went into the interview....and the interviewer/broker was wearing a Nike track suit, which automatically gave me an odd impression of an interview.

I probably spoke 20% of the time, and the broker/interviewer spoke the other 80% of the time, as if he were trying to sell me their service and position. He kept trying to convince me that people did not need a college education to become successful because he was a community college drop-out.

At the end of the interview, I asked what the age group was and how many employees are in that specific branch, as I like companies that value a strong work culture. Turns out, they rent out about 1/5 of that floor and share the rest with other small companies (I had thought it was the entire floor of the beautiful office). When I got the broker's business card.....lo and behold.....it says "World Financial Group", and not "Aegon".

Interview Questions

• Do you know what the rule of 72 is?   1 Answer

I realized it was pretty much a pyramid scheme.