World Fuel Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at World Fuel Services

2.9

Sort:

Intern Interview

Interview

The process was really long. I received the call for the interview about 5 months after I applied. I then had a interview with the manager and hiring manager. The questions were really fair though.

Interview Questions

• All the interview questions were fair.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any room for negotiations.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at World Fuel Services (Miami, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

After telephonic interview thy will take interview on skype so that thy can see ur face.

Negotiation

No negotiate at all .

Internal Auditor Interview

Interview

complete online application, the application is long with many yes or no quesitons
    get feedback via email in 2 weeks
    notify to have a phone inview
    Once passed phone interview, then lead to interview in miami office

Broker Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at World Fuel Services in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through a job agency. 15 min of phone interview. After that 10 min of interview video clip was required. The questions were prepared by the company. All of the questions are about behaviors.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at World Fuel Services.

Interview

I initially had a telephone interview. About 1 week later I was asked to come in and take some personality profile tests and MS Office tests. About 2 weeks later I was scheduled for a panel interview with the position's supervisor, the position's team lead and an HR individual. The interview was normal and a lot of time was spent talking about the position's supervisor personally (how they felt, what they liked, didn't like, etc). Really I could tell very quickly the panel was a front and that I really needed to just impress that one person. After that interview it was about 2 more weeks before I was called to have 2 one on one interviews back to back with the HR VP and the General Manager at the time. About 3 days later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember the question, but I do remember how I handled it and that I received compliments later on how I handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It seemed like HR knew without me having to tell them that I wouldn't be able to come onboard and wait any length of time for insurance. They were able to get it for me right away. They gave me a few days of vacation to hold me over until I got mine and the salary blew what I was making out of the park, so I really didn't have to negotiate at all.

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Fuel Services (Doral, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy process. First you get screened by a recruiter, and then a Talent Acquisition Coordinator will reach out to you to set up an interview. You get interview by a panel of 2-4 members of the team; more specifically the Benefits Manager, and anyone else you will be working with closely. After the interviews are conducted, they usually let you know within 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They ask you specifics regarding the job which are common to the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Fuel Services (Miami, FL) in October 2008.

Interview

Very informal. HR was not structured. But, if you are experience interviewer you will be fine. Most are contract HR person. They rely on recruiter to do most of the heavy work. There has been a lot of management turn over. You need to hook up with the right team and right manager. Beware it is IT. It is NOT one of the most loved or appreciated departments specially due to so many acquisitions.

Interview Questions

• Most job related. Explain your job experience relevant to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a bit of junior role, so powers to negotiate are not on your side.

Accountant Interview

Interview

Phone interview

Interview Questions

• Just general behavioral questions. What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at World Fuel Services (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

There were two in-person interviews, one with the hiring manager and the other with senior management. Both were approx. 45 mins each, questions were asked about prior work experience and scenario based.

Interview Questions

• questions were asked about prior work experience and scenario based.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Fuel Services (Doral, FL).

Interview

I initially applied for a different position via LinkedIn but HR called the very next day to say it probably wouldn't be a good fit but another position was about to be posted, would I be interested in that and I was. I had to fill out a questionnaire that I think took the place of a cover letter. Once that was submitted, HR immediately called to schedule an on-site interview. The actual process was tough but not necessarily negative. There was a lot of focus on experience with international markets and financials. There was also a test on financial ratios before the interview began. Overall, it was intense but now I know what I can work on. The only downside is that I followed up asking for a status and was told it would a decision would be made in a day or two and the decision is still pending weeks later. Overall, everyone was really nice and they seem like they really know their stuff. It seems like a company that would challenge you (in a good way).

Interview Questions

• If you have a customer in Asia asking for $1MM+ in credit but they're unwilling to provide financials or references, how would you go about approving them?   1 Answer