World Fuel Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

World Fuel Services Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.9

QA and BA Roles Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at World Fuel Services.

Interview

Long process. Three Skype interviews and then close to 5hrs of on-site interviews with various members of the organization. They had me bumping around with 2 different positions, very disorganized. I thought I was interviewing for a certain role, but they had added another position to the interview, without telling me in advance.

At the end, they made an offer below the range they had advertised. They lied to me to get me to assist the on-site interview, making me waste 5hrs of PTO, to then give me an offer under the range they promised, for a different role to the one I thought I was interviewing for. Recruiters needs to be clear with the candidate about salary, and stop lying to candidates with false expectations. Horrible experience, worst interview process ever. I guess this was a taste of what working at this place would have been like.

Interview Questions

• Given a scenario, design test cases for integration, regression, unit testing etc.   Answer Question
    • Describe the process you take as a BA   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Interview

Interview was set by a HR recruiter. Very unprofessional company, they don't follow up or respond to emails after interview. Wasted like 4 hours for the interview but no feedback.

Interview Questions

• They ask weird questions not related to the job. Definitely a candidate can't be assessed by their stupid questions!   Answer Question

Data Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at World Fuel Services (Doral, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted over the phone by a recruiter a few days later to set up an on-site interview. It turned out to be a two-round interview with two different managers.

The first interviewer was very professional and she got straight to the point by asking about my background, strengths, weaknesses, etc. She liked me and expressed her confidence in me being able to perform the job successfully. She then proceeded to pass me over to the second hiring manager of the department I applied for and wished me luck.

After a few minutes of waiting, the second interviewer, who goes by the name of Anthony, made his way to the conference room and went over some of the procedures of the job. He asked me a few basic interview questions as well. Then, out of nowhere, he proceeded to ask me about my age. I quickly pointed out to him that he was asking me an ILLEGAL interview question and I am not willing to answer it at this time. He became uncomfortable and nervously rummaged through my resume to point out that we had similar graduation dates. I, once again, kindly declined to reveal my age at this time.

He wrapped up the interview by letting me know the hours of operation for the position I applied for and proceeded to escort me to the nearest exit while telling me that I should hear back from them in a few days, should I be selected for the job. The usual mumbo jumbo. I thanked him for the opportunity and happily left. Needless to say, I received an email a few days later informing me that I did not get the job. To me, the second interviewer was noticeably upset that I called him out on his incompetence. I was obviously qualified for the job but I think I might have struck a nerve.

Financial Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at World Fuel Services (Miami, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Free doorstep parking was great. Walked up to the receptionist who gives you a visitors badge and you wait for the HR rep. HR rep takes you to a room where interviewer joins shortly. In my interview, I felt like my interviewer was a bit busy outside of our interview. Interviewer was kind and respectful although seemingly distracted. Either way, process was fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work experience at your current job.   1 Answer

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Fuel Services (Doral, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

This was very disorganized. The recruiter who was working the position was out of town, so I spoke with his temporary replacement. He did not email me a confirmation, although I had asked him to do so with the name of the person I would be interviewing with and job description. I called the next day myself to confirm. The interview was ok, the lady seemed a bit disinterested. What was really weird was about 2 weeks later both recruiters called wanting to speak with me immediately. The one I didn't talk to left a message about how we had connected before. When I called him back he basically said they couldn't remember if I had already gone through 1st round and that neither could the hiring manager. This disorganization is likely a good indication of their company. I let them know I already accepted another position and moved on.

Interview Questions

• Skills based - project management skills and use of software   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at World Fuel Services (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

It consisted of 3 interviews, two phone interviews, and one with a panel of two managers. It lasted about an hour, very professional environment and friendly staff. the managers were very helpful and made clear the type of candidate they are looking for and the basic requirements for the position.

Broker Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at World Fuel Services in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through a job agency. 15 min of phone interview. After that 10 min of interview video clip was required. The questions were prepared by the company. All of the questions are about behaviors.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at World Fuel Services (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

There were two in-person interviews, one with the hiring manager and the other with senior management. Both were approx. 45 mins each, questions were asked about prior work experience and scenario based.

Interview Questions

• questions were asked about prior work experience and scenario based.   Answer Question

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Fuel Services (Doral, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy process. First you get screened by a recruiter, and then a Talent Acquisition Coordinator will reach out to you to set up an interview. You get interview by a panel of 2-4 members of the team; more specifically the Benefits Manager, and anyone else you will be working with closely. After the interviews are conducted, they usually let you know within 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They ask you specifics regarding the job which are common to the position.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview. In person interviews included meeting with three different employees. It included the VP, Manager, and another analyst. Each interview lasted about 45 mins.