World Journal Marketing Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at World Journal (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and went in for the 1st round of interview in 2 days after submitting my resume. Interviewed with the CEO for about an hour and a half, mostly asked questions about my background and work experiences (focused on the part he find unique, so only a small part of my resume); then explained the role and the transition they're going through, and asked for my opinion on their current marketing approach...it was less of an interview at this point and more of a brainstorming session.
2nd round of interview was with president and CEO together. Lasted for nearly an hour, and the president asked most of the questions, focused on my experiences in marketing and what I can do for the company. After that I waited in another room while they discussed for 10 minutes, then CEO came back and discussed salary. A very "skilled" negotiation that subtly low-balled me, and made me yield to their terms.
Overall it was a positive interview experience because the interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to, but the negotiation part was a disappointment.

Interview Questions

• What do you seek in this job? Why are you interested in marketing?   Answer Question