World Kitchen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

World Kitchen Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at World Kitchen.

Interview

Process was very casual. Took time for my paperwork to get through to even get a face to face interview. Once I did the manager was friendly but not professional. I was shown around the store to learn about what products were sold. I was promised things, which upon employment I found out would not be true. (i.e you can basically make your own schedule, if you want a weekend off just ask). I felt this was just to make the position more appealing to me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Because of my lack of experience I was unable to negotiate much.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Kitchen.

Interview

Phone interview first. Then I had an interview on site. Interviewed with 5 different people that asked a lot of the same questions each time. Got a plant tour as well. It was very interesting. Everyone was very nice

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greencastle, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at World Kitchen (Greencastle, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application on the company website and received a call for a phone interview from a company recruiter. I had a phone interview that went well and then was contacted for an in person interview with the hiring manager. I had a good interview with the hiring manager. I got an email from the recruiter stating that they were still interviewing other candidates and would get back to me soon. The only reason I gave them a negative overall experience is because I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• They asked job specific questions about my work experience. For example, "What is your experience working in a union environment?"   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Kitchen (Rosemont, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

HR Interview followed by interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager evaluated my background and interest in Marketing. He wanted to make sure that I was interested in working for B2C consumer marketing company.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at World Kitchen (Milpitas, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online. Two weeks later I received an email asking me to take an assessment test because my qualifications matched the position. After taking the assessment test, I never heard anything about the position again.

An email stating that I had passed (or failed) the assessment and was not getting the job would have made this more palatable.

Interview Questions

• The question wanted us to select the first letter of the word after being given the definition.

Sound after lightning:   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Graceville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at World Kitchen (Graceville, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Started off as a regular sales associate. That interview process was easy non-stressful. A position opened up for assistant store manager and I just expressed that I'd like be given the oppurtunity to apply. Because of my experience and they knew how I worked I was offered the job right away.

Overal the interviews I have done since being in this position, the company doesn't ask things out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Describing what to do in certain situations is the hardest part of the interview. (In my opinion, these questions have many different factors that in a real situation would have to be studied before making a desicion in an educated manor.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at World Kitchen (Rosemont, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied online, received brief phone call from recruiter for a few questions and to confirm my interest in interviewing for the position. One week later, 30 minute phone screen (standard interview questions) with recruiter/HR. 1-2 weeks later 30 phone screen with hiring manager (more of the same standard interview questions). 2 weeks later, on site interview day with 8 separate interviews with people in different departments, including the hiring manager again, and a new HR person.

This was the hardest part, because of the number of people to talk through my resume with and answer many of the same questions over and over again. No water provided (luckily I had my own small water bottle with me in my bag), no food provided and I did not go to the bathroom - the first couple of interviewers asked if I needed to use the bathroom after our meeting, then after that it was all a rush to get from one interviewer to the next. I was there from 9:30am - 2:30pm, and it was exhausting. With an hour-long interview slot over the lunch hour, I really expected they'd offer me at least a snack. I feel like my last 2 interviews really suffered due to the lack of any breaks and my lack of food.

Three different people at the company, the recruiter, HR representative and the hiring manager all stressed multiple times during the entire process that World Kitchen respects interview candidates time spent interviewing, and they will always let a candidate know one way or another if they are still being considered for the position or if they are out. Naturally, I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Pretty textbook interview questions: Tell me about your background. Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker or client. Why are you interested in World Kitchen. What are your strengths and weaknesses. Provide an example of the project you've done that is relevant to World Kitchen. Why do you think you're a fit for this position.   1 Answer

Accounting/Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at World Kitchen (Rosemont, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very easy; two phone interviews, one with the human resource rep and a second with the director. I also had two face to face interviews, one with the director and a second with the controller both following the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult or unexpected questioning - the easiest interview I ever had!   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at World Kitchen (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Basic HR phone screen. Interview was with multiple managers in multiple disciplines. Interviewers were more concerned about who I knew or worked with in my experience than my skills. Interview took place in an HR "conference room", actually a storage room with no window. No business cards or emails are provided for follow-up communications.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halton Hills, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at World Kitchen (Halton Hills, ON (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

barely even an interview. I was told that they had already decided to hire me, but the interview was "mandatory". The manager was very laid back and did not ask many questions, but rather conversed about sports.