World Resources Institute Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

World Resources Institute Intern Interview Questions

2.9

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at World Resources Institute in January 2016.

Interview

Applied three weeks before they got back. Set up interview via email. Phone interviews were for 20 and 30mins each. Gave a job description and asked how I was a good fit for it. Ask you to describe your project work and about your opinion on their work. Friendly short interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for World Resources Institute

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Resources Institute.

Interview

Had an initial hour-long skills analysis online. Fairly basic. During interview, interviewer asked general basic questions, as well as tried to fill in some missing information. Interviewer was very helpful, gentle.

Interview Questions

• What are your top three selling points as a candidate? What is your experience in (subject area)?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at World Resources Institute in April 2015.

Interview

I was shortlisted first for an interview, which was followed by a written test that included making a map from WRI datasets and writing a few paragraphs to describe it. The interview was pretty laid back, and the interviewers were very friendly and encouraging, yet curious and asked some very pertinent questions that required critical thinking. It was done over the phone with 2 interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at World Resources Institute (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Very quick response after applying, set up phone interview at end of the week, in-person interview the next week, followed by a standard writing test that required some knowledge. Friendly and personable interview staff, but firm and challenging questions. Enjoyed the process but there was kind a bit of wait time in between each step.

Interview Questions

• What would you find particularly easy and difficult in this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself as pertains to this position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at World Resources Institute (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

They sent an email to me in order to schedule a phone interview (a few days after I submitted my application online), after the phone interview they asked for my writing samples, after I sent my writing samples via email, they gave me an in-person interview at WRI. I was interviewed by two people. The interview also included a task simulation (writing test).

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position? What do you know about WRI? They asked a lot of behavioral questions based on hypothetical scenarios. I also took a writing test, which was basically a simulation of ordinary tasks I was going to do if hired. I had to process a lot of readings and then summarize in a very short time, according to the format they specified.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at World Resources Institute.

Interview

phone interview, checking with background and related experience. about 30 min

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Resources Institute (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

Asked some behavior questions and let me express my thinking of their current project.
    Asked me what date I can start to work. But they need someone to start pretty quick and I can't finish my current project. That's the reason I didn't get in.
    The interview was easy. And the people were friendly. Must be nice to work with if there was no time conflict.

Interview Questions

• Are you better in working independently or as a team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at World Resources Institute (Washington, DC) in March 2011.

Interview

-Met the recruiter in person before the job becomes available
    -Applied online through the careers portal when it did
    -Went through a group phone interview approx. 3 weeks later
    -In-person interview at hq a month after with 4 team members
    -Short writing test (1-2 pages in 24 hours)
    -Reference check
    -Offer and negotations

Negotiation

If you're interested in moving up from an intern into a full-time staff, let the hiring manager know from the beginning of the offer/negotiation phase that you're interested in working with them long term.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at World Resources Institute (Washington, DC) in March 2011.

Interview

I first had an interview by skype. They then contacted me about a week later for an in-person interview, which consisted of an hour-long interview with the project manager and an hour-long interview with three other people working on the project.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly standard. Make sure you know about both the technical issues that you will be dealing with in the job and why you want to work for the organisation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. Always ask, but remember constraints of project budgets when considering what to negotiate for.

Intern Interview

Interview

Telephonic interview. I got an internship through a competition. I was easier and there were less questions, but the the organization did not seem to be interested in taking interns.

Interview Questions

• About the area of internship and what ideas do I have of my own?   Answer Question