World Travel Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.7

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at World Travel Holdings (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I got a call through employee referral. They contacted me a week later. I was sent an online coding challenge to complete. I submitted 4 days after I received. It was 90 minutes test on hackerrank with coding challenge and MCQs. MCQs are easy if your concepts are strong.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mixed bag of UI and backend. I am a backend engineer and could solve backend questions but failed to do 35% of UI. I wrote an email to recruiter stating the same. Did not get selected.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Travel Holdings (Rochester, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

2 interview rounds. One by the recruiter and other by hiring manager. The phone screen was followed by a technical BA questionnaire which was to be submitted via email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you faced difficulty as a BA   1 Answer

Travel Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at World Travel Holdings in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter who explained the position & asked about my previous work history - 2nd Interview with the supervisor within 3 days. We discussed the role in more detail and talked about my experience in B2C sales. I was offered the position within 2 days of my second interview. The entire process from apply to hire was about 10 days.

Virtual Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at World Travel Holdings.

Interview

First they sent me an email that I wasn't selected, same day I received another email that I was selected for interview. I got a call from the recruiter and she got confused herself. The phone interview was basically telling me about benefits of their company with some few basic interview questions. It ended with the recruiter telling me the next interview process but didn't hear back from them.

Travel Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Travel Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

The first of two phone interviews took exactly 1 hour. It was less of a personal interview about your history, but more about you understanding the role. The interviewer did about half the talking. Next step is an interview from customer care management.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at World Travel Holdings (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online & immediately received an email urging me to do a speed test & an online assessment. The assessment was long and some parts were difficult. The first section is a ton of personality questions. Followed by reading comp/vocab questions, math questions, and then this weird section at the end where they show you an object with 4 other objects below it and you have to identify which of the objects below are the same as the original but rotated somehow, or are different objects altogether. Harder than it sounds and many of the sections are timed. Interviews were much easier. I got an email the same day I completed my assessment to schedule a phone interview for a week later. It was an hour long and the interviewer was incredibly friendly and encouraging. Asked basic interview questions like why do you want to work here etc. Scheduled second interview for the next day at the end of the first one. Second interview was also an hour long and focused a lot on making sure you understand that you will be doing both sales and service calls, that your schedule is NOT flexible and may suck, and some customers can be very difficult. They talk more than they ask on this one but you do have to sell them a cruise and answer all the "name a time when" questions. I received an email the next day congratulating me on passing all of the recruitment steps and saying to expect a period of silence from them as they "gather information" and not to worry as its a good thing. I'm assuming they are running my background check. That was yesterday so now I'm waiting. Will update when something happens.

Interview Questions

• Who was the best manager you've ever had and why? Tell me about a time that you had to deliver a lot of complicated information to a customer in a concise way. Sell me a vacation to anywhere in the world.   1 Answer

Travel Pro Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at World Travel Holdings in October 2016.

Interview

Phone calls and lots of emails, there was no real interview. I was asked to role-play with the person without even knowing what the job was going to be like. It was awkward and a little creepy.

Interview Questions

• They dont ask anything, they give you a short all be it incorrect, description of the job then go on and on about all the benefits they have (which they really dont). There was no real interview, it was mostly just them telling me why i want to work there   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at World Travel Holdings (Chandler, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Lengthy online application that included simulated customer service scenarios. Followed by two phone interviews. It appears that they really try to vet out people that won't genuinely care about their customers.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you turned a difficult situation around. What was the final outcome?   Answer Question

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at World Travel Holdings (Melbourne, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I was given two interviews. After they second one I received email telling me that I was not chosen. The interviews where each at least half an hour long with them asking questions the entire time.

Travel Pro Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at World Travel Holdings in July 2016.

Interview

Filled out a profile, got an email a couple weeks later about a job opening. Instructed me to follow a link to take an assessment. Was surprised at the automated phone interview at the end of the hour long assessment. Interview process was fine just wish I would have known I would be partaking in an interview, not just an assessment. Phone interviews are already tricky as is, imagine an automated phone interview that doesn't give you any time to think about the questions! Not to mention the automated voice made it difficult to hear all the words clearly.

Interview Questions

• What would be the biggest challenge to working at home for you?   Answer Question