World Vision Interview Questions | Glassdoor

World Vision Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.8

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Vision.

Interview

The process consisted of a Questionnaire and straightforward questions. Everything was electronic at first. After the flushing out via the electronic process, then the one on one stuff begins. I would prepare by reviewing the background info of the company and understand the principles. Because this organization stands for Christian tenants, I would only apply if your values match those mentioned. If not, I would not pursue because there will most likely be a clash later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experiences in relation to the 6 core values.   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at World Vision (Federal Way, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online and received an email arranging a phone interview 3 days after. Phone interview lasted for an hour and a half. In-house recruiter took time to explain the role first and also gave a salary range to ensure that I was OK with a salary that was slightly below market for the role. He then proceeded to review my qualifications and asked me about various experiences in my resume.

I was then called back for an onsite interview at their headquarters in WA State. Met with a panel of 3 interviews. Hiring Manager was one of the 3 and was interviewing remotely via teleconference. They went through an interview script.

I was impressed with the professionalism of the recruiter and the interviewing panel. Even though I did not receive an offer, they took the trouble to call back and gave me very positive feedback on the interview.

Interview Questions

• What most interests you about your work?

What kind of learner are you?

World Vision is a Christian organization and staff do need to profess the Christian faith. How comfortable are you with that?

World Vision also works cross-culturally and the role will require you to deal with people of many different cultures and backgrounds. How comfortable are you with that?
      Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at World Vision (Federal Way, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very responsive and the entire interview process was very efficient. I had a phone interview with the recruiter. She was very helpful to prepare me for the actual interview. During the actual on site interview, the panel interviews was very relational and the interviewers made me feel comfortable and not intimidated at all.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider a good project manager and a good BA?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at World Vision (Federal Way, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

long interview process despite the fact that I was told my experience was faster than normal. The focus of the process is on your ability to comply with the written statement of faith. Initial interviews are with HR rep (I had 3 such interviews before meeting the actual person I would work with)

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with the statement of faith and leading prayer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at World Vision.

Interview

1-2 phone interviews (since most applicants are from various locations across the US). First phone interview is conducted with recruiter. Second round of phone interviews is conducted with the manager/team that the intern would potentially work under. Sometimes an applicant will be interviewed by multiple departments to find the best fit.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions regarding work experience and interests (in order to determine if intern is qualified and find best fit for department that the internship would be under).   Answer Question

Program Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at World Vision.

Interview

A breeze - you just have to answer the questions and speak from your experience. The only issue is that you interview with a lot of people. You may be asked about your faith background and about what church you attend.

Interview Questions

• Do you know to use Lotus Notes? Tell us about your past experience. Tell us how you handle stressful situation? Tell us about your faith.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at World Vision (Federal Way, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Three phone interviews and one panel interview. Most questions were difficult to answer. The interview really didn't reveal the true nature of the job or the reporting structure of the department.

Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at World Vision (Federal Way, WA).

Interview

Company used a search firm, which was not very sophisticated. Onsite interviews went well. I interviewed with several managers individually, as well as a group interview. Employees of the organization were extremely gracious, approachable, and appeared to enjoy working for World Vision. The organizational culture is steep in christian values. There were lots of prayers, references to biblical scriptures, and a genuine desire to convey a positive image of the organization. Another aspect of the culture is a seemingly aversion to change. My sense is some employees do not believe change will strengthen the organizational culture and/or increase its level of effectiveness and success.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at World Vision (Federal Way, WA).

Interview

I applied online and was called within a few weeks to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was just standard prequalification questions. Within a week or so, I was called to schedule the next step of the interview process. This step lasted a few hours and was a great opportunity to get to know the department manager and hear more about the position. The next step was a group interview and a little daunting because it was a big group and not knowing what to expect, but after 15 minutes or so, I relaxed a bit and enjoyed getting to know the interviewers. Each step of the way I could feel the strong Christian emphasis, but wasn't required to pray for the group during the interview or anything like that. Typical process with each step, right up to the job offer. The onboarding process was an online system called Red Carpet, if I remeber correctly, and was a little bit confusing at first but I liked it when all requiremeets were completed.

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at World Vision (Federal Way, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Submission of application to search firm, followed by initial conversation with search firm principal who provides position overview and supporting documentation of the role. Next step was phone interview with search firm to determine fit for role and guage mutual interest. Candidates then are narrowed to short list. Short list is interviewed via a video-taped session (1:1 by search firm). This video is viewed by the panel and that is narrowed to 1 individual they select to bring in for in-person interviews. If that person is successful, they hire them. If not, they go back to the short list and try again.

Interview Questions

• The interview for video consisted of 1 hour overview of work history/experience.   1 Answer