World Wildlife Fund Web Content Editor and Web Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Web Content Editor and Web Developer

World Wildlife Fund Web Content Editor and Web Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at World Wildlife Fund

1 Interview Review

Web Content Editor and Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Wildlife Fund (Reston, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume via their website and didn't hear anything for about a month. I then got a call from a very excited WWF HR staffer who gave me a 20 minute phone interview. She arranged an in-person interview between the hiring manager and me for that same week.

I interviewed on a Friday, and the workplace definitely seemed both casual and quiet. The Reston campus is beautiful, which is part of the reason I was interested in a position with WWF. The hiring manager explained that the resume review and interview process was taking so long because she was covering the tasks of three positions until she could fill two of them.

The hiring manager/webmaster was very friendly and seemed knowledgeable about web development and web content in general, and about the weaknesses of the WWF website and web content generation and review process in particular. The interview itself took about an hour, during which she asked me numerous questions about programming languages and tools I've worked with, my writing and editing style, research and content development, and work and management styles I liked or disliked. I felt that she was very honest about what would be expected of a new hire in the position and what WWF offers its employees.

As interested as I was in the position itself and in the work the WWF does, the salary offered for the job seemed very low for the region and for the level of experience and knowledge they were looking for. The job would have required me to take a sizable pay cut--and I do mean sizable--the top of the salary range offered was about $30,000 less than I currently make a year. They were shooting for a web content manager/web developer with about 10 years of experience and with university training and certifications in the field. I understand and non-profits pay less on average than for-profit corporations, but the salary range seemed inordinately low for the sort of person they wanted to hire.

Interview Questions

• How will you gather, edit, build, and post content from such a large variety of content providers without a solid style guide or content review process in place.   1 Answer
  • Would you be willing to take a significant pay cut to work here.   1 Answer