World Wrestling Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at World Wrestling Entertainment (Stamford, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

I might have considered taking a job with WWE if anyone had listened to me while I was there. It's a major turnoff when all the interviewers are too busy working to pay attention to the interview. The only person who actually gave me their undivided attention was the HR rep.

They administer something called the Wonderlic test. It's an IQ test. They say 99% of people can't finish in time. I finished in time. I know I got one question wrong, but otherwise I'm absolutely confident that I aced the rest.

Interview Questions

• If you had to provide from a list of workers the second highest paid employee, how would you code that (in SQL).   1 Answer

PMO Manager Interview

Interview

As stated below 3 phone screens, a group interview with those 3 people. Then 2 1:1 interviews. Then told I was not strong in a skill I was not interviewing me for or was on the spec. Lost a days billing whereas the mgr who was my first interview, if that was his key should have not wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I wanted to work there   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at World Wrestling Entertainment.

Interview

Chris Ruzek, their Recruiter, reached out to me directly. Throughout the week we were in contact we had multiple calls and emails. I was impressed with her thorough communication skills. She outlined the business well and sent various links for research. Her interview questions weren't easy, but not hard, just thought provoking. Unfortunately the team needed someone with experience using a specific tool, which I do not have so I did not get to interview with anyone else. I am happy enough with the process I didn't mind recommending others in my network to WWE.

Interview Questions

• Who is doing Data Architecture best and why I thought so?   Answer Question

Exploratory Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Wrestling Entertainment (Stamford, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

I had an exploratory phone interview with Christine Ruzek after reviewing the job opportunities on the WWE website. Christine was extremely professional and engaging. Although my Finance background did not lend itself well to the current job opportunities, I enjoyed speaking with her and will continue to keep in touch about new opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Christine asked if any of my skillset might marry well with WWE. I thought this was a good way to help me think out of the box and not just about the black and white type on my resume.   2 Answers

Creative Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at World Wrestling Entertainment (Stamford, CT) in December 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume through their website and an HR person contacted me a couple of weeks later. I spoke with him on the phone a couple of times. He did ask me if I watched wrestling but didn't seem to mind when I said not recently. He kept stressing that there was A LOT of travel and wanted to make sure that I was okay with that. He kept saying, "I want you to really think about this and get back to me in a couple of days."

We set up an in-person interview. Before the interview, I had to submit a writing sample carrying out a current storyline to completion. I went to their Stamford, CT offices and met with my HR contact and his boss. My contact gave me a tour of the office (I got to see Andre the Giant's shoes, which was kinda cool.) I had to pitch my writing sample. I got the sense that I would have also met with some of the writing staff but since it was the holidays, they were on vacation.

Then I didn't get an answer for months and months months, which made me a bit salty. I don't mind being rejected, but I prefer it quick so I can get over it and move on. Unfortunately, I was desperate for a job so I couldn't tell them to shove it like I wanted to. lol

Interview Questions

• After a taping, if some of the wrestlers (he told me that normally he would say the female wrestlers but since I was a female, he flipped it to male wrestlers) asked to hang out at the bar, would I go to the bar or to the elevator (meaning: my room.)   2 Answers