WorldQuant Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WorldQuant Data Analyst Interview Questions

3.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WorldQuant in March 2016.

Interview

Got an phone interview after submitting my resume. Lated about 40 mins, all technical questions about linux and things on my resume. Stuff about linux and basic functions to find computation

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for WorldQuant

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WorldQuant.

Interview

First is phone call from recruiter discuss how much my skills match with the position.
    Then there will be a online test on Linux/Unix, SQL, Then one basic language, I choose python. This test really need hands on experiences.
    If you pass the test, there will be a phone interview, half technical half behavior.
    The final round is onsite.

Interview Questions

• How do you compress files in Linux.   2 Answers

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

I have an interview scheduled at 4:00pm with WorldQuant through a headhunter. I waited until 4:45pm and received no phone calls from WorldQuant. Called my headhunter, and was told the interviewer completely forgot he had a phone interview with me ! Highly unprofessional as a financial company.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult: talk to me if you can.   2 Answers

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WorldQuant.

Interview

The interview consists of five rounds, two telephone interviews, two online tests and 9-hour onsite interview. The questions involve C++, data structure, Perl, Linux and some probability questions.

Interview Questions

• Brainteaser questions and some C++ questions are really hard   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WorldQuant (Greenwich, CT) in April 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after I posted my resume. The recruiter asked my opinion about the position before sending it the company. The phone interview was scheduled soon. The questions were trivial, such as what virtual function is in C++; how to do pattern match in Perl (or something like that); given a txt file, sort the lines by the second column. To my understanding, the interviewer expected the interviewee to be familiar with the job requirements on a daily operation level. I was swamped with preparing algorithms and was not prepared with that much detail though. Overall, the job did not interests me much.

Interview Questions

• Sort lines in a txt file by one of the columns using shell scripting.   3 Answers