WorldQuant Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 2, 2017

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WorldQuant (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through an headhunter, after a few days later I took some online test (basic algorithm, some probability problems, simple math problems, etc).
    Then, I took 5 technical phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• They love coin problems(both unbiased, biased).
      Some concept of C++ language(What is virtual function).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at WorldQuant (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Unsurprisingly it took very long time to them to process the job application. After 3 months of application, I finally got in touch with recruiter for 2 technical phone interviews. The processes were pretty good.

Interview Questions

• Where in the earth or a sphere, you can return to the same place once you walk 1 mile to south, 1 mile to east and 1 mile to north?   2 Answers

Quantitative Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WorldQuant (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by recruiter. Interview was set up. The interviewer asked me a probability question. I answered it with confidence and the interviewer said it wasn't correct and was very adamant about it. So didn't really think on it too much but then moved on to python, sql and algorithm design questions, which were pretty straight forward. After the interview, I was curious to know the answer to the probability question, and I found out I did answer it correctly since it was a popular GMAT question. Thought it was a little unprofessional, and just lost interest in the company and didn't pursue further.

Production Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WorldQuant (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

They gave me a test first from the recruiter. After I passed online test, there's 2 phone screen that was relatively easy. The on-site one was quite difficult, mostly they grind me on a lot of different things and it lasted all day from 9AM to 5 PM. One thing that's really made me upset though that they didn't pay for my cost to actually go there and I have to pay for my hotel myself. That wasn't the initial agreement and was very unprofessional of them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WorldQuant (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Behavior and technical test followed by a very technical interview from senior researcher. A lot of questions from programming, probability and differential equations. It was the hardest interview I have ever met and I could not able to answer 40% of the questions

Interview Questions

• what is jump diffusion model   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WorldQuant (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

phone interview with an engineer- directly began with questions - asked from many fields:pl, data structures, probability, linux etc.