WorldStrides Educational Travel Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WorldStrides Educational Travel Specialist Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorldStrides (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Conducted by a outside party for preliminary interview. Scenarios set up where you had to ask questions. Thought this was acquired and very time consuming.
Then met with 2 sales managers, this was more like a normal interview and they do mass hirings so then they decide who goes on each team.

Interview Questions

• Share a scenario in a previous job where you overcame objections   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for WorldStrides

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missouri City, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WorldStrides (Missouri City, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I met in person with Keith Johnson, VP of sales, and Neal Steinken, director of sales, via conference call. They asked 6 questions of me before moving on to the process of my questions. It was a relaxed atmosphere, and they informed me that I would contacted for the next steps shouls they decide to move forward with me.

Educational Travel Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorldStrides.

Interview

Applied Online. Received a call from HR, nice woman who asks some general questions and you sound interested you get an email for a 2nd call. The 2nd call is a third party where you have to sell some conference/ball rooms for an event to a company. Play along with the info given and questions you are asked. Process is about an hour and then called back to come into a sitdown interview with managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you had a deadline to meet, and how you met it?
      Ever win a sales contest? How did you win?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WorldStrides (Charlottesville, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

The initial call with the HR rep went well, but they use an outside company for a role play exercise to determine if you're worth hiring. The phone call quality is terrible and I had someone who did not speak English as a first language which made it incredibly difficult. I was then brought in for an interview with the sales directors and was offered the job about 3 days later

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond at work   Answer Question

Educational Travel Specialist Interview

Interview

I was asked for three phone interviews so far: (1) somebody from HR department who gave me more insight about the company & position, and was open to answering any questions related to the position, (2) somebody from a staffing company they use for 2 cold call role plays, (3) Sales Director.

Interview Questions

• For their cold call role plays, they will try to push company's financial budget, and how they are not sure if they can find funds it or not, and you have to persuade them otherwise.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WorldStrides (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

The entire process took 3 months with barely any follow up. It consisted of a personality test, several phone interviews, tests, etc. I waited several weeks between interviews to hear if I was moving on in the process. I had to call and finally ask what improvements I could make after a month of no communication ( I was under the impression that I did not get the job).

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WorldStrides (Seattle, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

The Worldstrides Recruiting contacted me and within 5 days I was scheduled for a phone role play, a face to face interview with the Regional Manager and offered a position. The entire process was smooth and professional.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to provide specific experience for situational questions - Tell me a time when you have had to overcome an obstacle, what was it and how did you handle it. Give me an example of when you have had numerous tasks to accomplish, how did you handle that - they are looking for how you prioritize.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations are limited, however the compensation plan is within current market pay range and is actually better when you look at the actual number of days you work - high /low season.

Educational Travel Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WorldStrides in July 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacts for brief phone conversation, then you take a phone assessment with another contracted company that evaluates your skill. Quick computer competency test (easy) and then you meet hiring manager

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult people, Have you ever used a script (because you must stick to their script), then just general tell me about yourself - it was not a difficult interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WorldStrides (Newport Beach, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was multi-step and thorough. I went through a technology assessment test, a simulated sales test with an outside company, and then a review with 3 directors. I really liked that the interview was thorough because it helped me to learn the company values and made me confident that they knew what they were looking for in an employee.

Interview Questions

• Experience, how I handle working under pressure, hitting goals, improving personal skills, positive attitude.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorldStrides (Charlottesville, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process is long and will consist of several phone and personal interviews. There will also be a portion where you are asked to present a sales pitch and are expected to master it their way not knowing what the expectations are. Plan on being asked to not give a 2 weeks notice after the long tedious process that you are put through as well if offered a position. Also beware that they have an extremely high turnover rate and it is common for them to term every "season".

Interview Questions

• Their questions are the typical interview questions... just a frustrating process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not negotiate at all.