WorldStrides Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WorldStrides Travel Interview Questions

2.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorldStrides (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Conducted by a outside party for preliminary interview. Scenarios set up where you had to ask questions. Thought this was acquired and very time consuming.
    Then met with 2 sales managers, this was more like a normal interview and they do mass hirings so then they decide who goes on each team.

Interview Questions

• Share a scenario in a previous job where you overcame objections   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WorldStrides (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview process was very long and drawn out. I had four lengthy interviews, two phone interviews and one Mock Sales Skit which was a couple pages long. There were a total of three people on this call asking me different scenarios. My final interview was in person. In total the interview process took about 3 weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• They were the typical sales questions and role play scenarios.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missouri City, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WorldStrides (Missouri City, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I met in person with Keith Johnson, VP of sales, and Neal Steinken, director of sales, via conference call. They asked 6 questions of me before moving on to the process of my questions. It was a relaxed atmosphere, and they informed me that I would contacted for the next steps shouls they decide to move forward with me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorldStrides.

Interview

Applied Online. Received a call from HR, nice woman who asks some general questions and you sound interested you get an email for a 2nd call. The 2nd call is a third party where you have to sell some conference/ball rooms for an event to a company. Play along with the info given and questions you are asked. Process is about an hour and then called back to come into a sitdown interview with managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you had a deadline to meet, and how you met it?
      Ever win a sales contest? How did you win?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WorldStrides (Charlottesville, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

The initial call with the HR rep went well, but they use an outside company for a role play exercise to determine if you're worth hiring. The phone call quality is terrible and I had someone who did not speak English as a first language which made it incredibly difficult. I was then brought in for an interview with the sales directors and was offered the job about 3 days later

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond at work   Answer Question

Educational Travel Specialist Interview

Interview

I was asked for three phone interviews so far: (1) somebody from HR department who gave me more insight about the company & position, and was open to answering any questions related to the position, (2) somebody from a staffing company they use for 2 cold call role plays, (3) Sales Director.

Interview Questions

• For their cold call role plays, they will try to push company's financial budget, and how they are not sure if they can find funds it or not, and you have to persuade them otherwise.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WorldStrides (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

The entire process took 3 months with barely any follow up. It consisted of a personality test, several phone interviews, tests, etc. I waited several weeks between interviews to hear if I was moving on in the process. I had to call and finally ask what improvements I could make after a month of no communication ( I was under the impression that I did not get the job).

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WorldStrides (Seattle, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

The Worldstrides Recruiting contacted me and within 5 days I was scheduled for a phone role play, a face to face interview with the Regional Manager and offered a position. The entire process was smooth and professional.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to provide specific experience for situational questions - Tell me a time when you have had to overcome an obstacle, what was it and how did you handle it. Give me an example of when you have had numerous tasks to accomplish, how did you handle that - they are looking for how you prioritize.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations are limited, however the compensation plan is within current market pay range and is actually better when you look at the actual number of days you work - high /low season.

International Travel Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WorldStrides (Richmond, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

Initially applied online. Contacted by HR Representative Crystal. Went through a computer assessment, role play and face-to-face panel interview. The role play was different, but not hard. Basically they were looking to see how you would go about selling a product with limited information. The face-to-face panel interview was not hard, they asked questions regarding how you dealt with situations previously, and how you think you would handle a particular situation now. The interview was not intimidating but definitely required you to be on your toes and be able to be a fast thinker and able to respond professionally without stumbling. Sat with an employee currently in the role who enjoys her position and the company.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was the role play, but I did better than I thought I would have considering I didn't have the information in its entirety until 20 minutes prior to the role play. Appeared it was an effort to see how you sell and how quickly you think on your feet.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WorldStrides in July 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacts for brief phone conversation, then you take a phone assessment with another contracted company that evaluates your skill. Quick computer competency test (easy) and then you meet hiring manager

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult people, Have you ever used a script (because you must stick to their script), then just general tell me about yourself - it was not a difficult interview   Answer Question