Worldwide Express Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2018

2.9

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (Gaithersburg, MD) in June 2010.

Interview

After an initial Phone Interview with a local recruiter. The initial 1:1 interview with local Worldwide Express franchise owner was arranged. I was surprised because it was more of a laid back conversation than the typical interview I was used to with the other companies I interviewed with out of college. We discussed my background and went over my resume. I had a few homework questions (What will I bring to Worldwide Express? What is attractive about the opportunity at a career with Worldwide Express? Etc.) which I answered via email that night.

I contacted the recruiter who informed me that I'd been invited back for a second interview/field ride. This is where I was able to interview Worldwide Express. I met the Director of Sales before heading out for a day with an Account Executive. I shadowed her through meetings, phone calls, and prospecting for new business. I made a few cold calls myself. I was given a few more questions to think about throughout the day (Why would someone want to work with Worldwide Express? Why do we take an aggressive sales approach? Etc.) which I went over with the franchise owner at the end of the day.

I was invited back for the third and final Group Interview where I made my Business Plan Presentation to the franchise owner and Director of Sales. I gave them my sales activity projections for 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, and beyond and ran a meeting where I basically sold myself. I was offered the Account Executive position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What three characteristics would you use to describe yourself?   1 Answer
  • Why do you think Worldwide Express approaches the market place aggressively?   Answer Question
  • What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
  • Why would someone want to do business with you and Worldwide Express?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I chose not to negotiate. Aside from various jobs throughout high school and college, this position offered me a career focus. The base pay and commission structure was very competitive with other offers I received.

Other Interview Reviews for Worldwide Express

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter through Careerbuilder.com. She set me up with an interview. Initially I met with the Sales Manager (my now direct boss) an the franchise owner (my now top boss.) We reviewed my resume as well as discussed past jobs and experiences. I was 'tested' with remembering characteristics my now Sales Manager had said were necessary to excel at this job. After the interview I sent a thank you as well as competed a small 'homework' assignment describing what I thought I could bring to Worldwide as well as what I expected Worldwide could do for me. Next I was invited for a ride-along. I spent a full day in the field with one of the sales reps cold calling. This is a very valuable experience, because if you can't handle rejection or cold calling this job is not for you. A ride-along is the best way to find out if this is something you want to do. Rejection doesn't bother me so I indicated that I wanted to move forward with the process. Next I had a phone interview with a Sales Executive out of Dallas who runs the training program. This interview is what sold me on Worldwide Express. He was so passionate about training and the company, I knew this is where I wanted to start my career. He was direct, but answered all of my questions as well. After the phone interview, I again indicated my interest in continuing with the process. The last step was a final interview with the owner, during which I was given a formal written offer which I accepted.

My advice to other candidates is to bring the energy! Sales requires you to be very energetic so you must convey that attitude during the interview process as well. Also, take the ride-along very seriously. It is a very realistic representation of what you will be doing every day, especially in the beginning. If you are not comfortable during the realistic representation, you will not be comfortable doing this job!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing was really negotiable, but it is a very generous compensation plan. I pay nothing for my health benefits and my salary as well as compensation are above average.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (Harrisburg, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, field ride, final interview with Manager

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions but they keep asking why you would be a good fit for the company   Answer Question

Too good to be true earning potential.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

First, I went through a phone screening with a recruiter. Then, I had a one-on-one interview with the sales manager. The next step was a field ride with one of the sales reps within the office. At this point of the interview process I knew the job wasn't a best fit for me. Within the field ride I was taken to a lower income neighbor to make cold sales pitches to local businesses, where my safety was put into serious question. This job is a huge grind. Understand, that it's your job to drop into local businesses unexpected and solicit potential business owner with Worldwide Express's services. And yes, you will get ugly responses from time to time.

Interview Questions

• Why did you attend the college that you did?   1 Answer

Company culture was unequal, my safety was put into question, commission structure was unbalanced, & lots of unprofessionalism within employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I got a call from the manager of the branch to which I applied asking me to come in for an interview. I went in for the interview and had a casual one on one interview/conversation with the manager. The questions were very basic and there was nothing difficult or unexpected asked (although be sure to know information about the company). The process was very conversational and I felt as though I answered all the questions quite well and that my answers were well received. I followed up with a call to the manager 2 days later by leaving a voice mail but did not hear back. They say that they call back within a week and so at the end of the week following the interview I left a second followup message, again requesting a return call to ask some additional questions about the job (which is something I was specifically told I should do if I though of any). I did not receive a callback for either of my follow-ups.

Interview Questions

• Since I see you were not a business major, why do you want to get into sales and why do you think you'd be good at it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (Baltimore, MD) in March 2018.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, Miranda, and given details about the account executive position in Baltimore. $50K base salary, plus 7% commission on profit margin, and $1,500 quarterly bonususes. Initial interview with area manager, Andrew, and went over resume and experience. Nice office overlooking Baltimore inner harbor. Second interview is a full day ride along with am account executive. Job is 100% cold calling on accounts that have already been contacted by other employees. Very time consuming and cost $30 for parking. The atmosphere is very young and inexperienced as the manager is 24 years old. This position is great for recent college grads. If you have any experience in the sales field, you can certainly do better. The employees were blasting rap music while on the phone with clients, and talking about "banging chicks". Very unprofessional and a frat like atmosphere. Did not make it to third part of interview which is with the regional manager, Dave. There were no challenging questions during the interview process and it seemed like they cared more about culture fit then actual sales experience or skills.

Interview Questions

• Where did you work before and why?   Answer Question
    • Why would Worldwide express be a good fit for you and why are you a good fit for worldwide express.   Answer Question
    • How old are you? which should never be asked in an interview!!!   Answer Question
    • What did you do at your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Worldwide Express.

Interview

This was an in-depth interview process. Multiple visits to the office and then a day out in the field to cold call with the Manager followed by a skype call with his boss.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (Newark, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

2 interviews. One was a day where I shadowed another Account Executive. The next was a phone interview with the hiring manager followed by skills test by calling customers on the phone to see if I was capable

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Worldwide Express in March 2018.

Interview

Several hiring steps not just one interview. Overall a positive experience it seems like a great company to work for. The company also has a long training process to make sure their employees are prepared.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Worldwide Express.

Interview

Jesus. When you're at an interview and one of the first things one of the company's employees tells you is "Trust me, this is a legitimate company!" the red flags should go up right away. I should have known this. However, I proceeded to spend 4 hours of my life which I will never get back riding around in a door-to-door salesman's car asking random companies if they use FedEx or UPS for their shipping. If you're being "considered" for an "Account Executive" position with this company I would strongly advise you to stay away. You can do much better.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in sales?   1 Answer