Worldwide Express Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Worldwide Express Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2018

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (Harrisburg, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, field ride, final interview with Manager

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions but they keep asking why you would be a good fit for the company   Answer Question

Too good to be true earning potential.

Other Interview Reviews for Worldwide Express

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

First, I went through a phone screening with a recruiter. Then, I had a one-on-one interview with the sales manager. The next step was a field ride with one of the sales reps within the office. At this point of the interview process I knew the job wasn't a best fit for me. Within the field ride I was taken to a lower income neighbor to make cold sales pitches to local businesses, where my safety was put into serious question. This job is a huge grind. Understand, that it's your job to drop into local businesses unexpected and solicit potential business owner with Worldwide Express's services. And yes, you will get ugly responses from time to time.

Interview Questions

• Why did you attend the college that you did?   1 Answer

Company culture was unequal, my safety was put into question, commission structure was unbalanced, & lots of unprofessionalism within employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I got a call from the manager of the branch to which I applied asking me to come in for an interview. I went in for the interview and had a casual one on one interview/conversation with the manager. The questions were very basic and there was nothing difficult or unexpected asked (although be sure to know information about the company). The process was very conversational and I felt as though I answered all the questions quite well and that my answers were well received. I followed up with a call to the manager 2 days later by leaving a voice mail but did not hear back. They say that they call back within a week and so at the end of the week following the interview I left a second followup message, again requesting a return call to ask some additional questions about the job (which is something I was specifically told I should do if I though of any). I did not receive a callback for either of my follow-ups.

Interview Questions

• Since I see you were not a business major, why do you want to get into sales and why do you think you'd be good at it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (Gaithersburg, MD) in June 2010.

Interview

After an initial Phone Interview with a local recruiter. The initial 1:1 interview with local Worldwide Express franchise owner was arranged. I was surprised because it was more of a laid back conversation than the typical interview I was used to with the other companies I interviewed with out of college. We discussed my background and went over my resume. I had a few homework questions (What will I bring to Worldwide Express? What is attractive about the opportunity at a career with Worldwide Express? Etc.) which I answered via email that night.

I contacted the recruiter who informed me that I'd been invited back for a second interview/field ride. This is where I was able to interview Worldwide Express. I met the Director of Sales before heading out for a day with an Account Executive. I shadowed her through meetings, phone calls, and prospecting for new business. I made a few cold calls myself. I was given a few more questions to think about throughout the day (Why would someone want to work with Worldwide Express? Why do we take an aggressive sales approach? Etc.) which I went over with the franchise owner at the end of the day.

I was invited back for the third and final Group Interview where I made my Business Plan Presentation to the franchise owner and Director of Sales. I gave them my sales activity projections for 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, and beyond and ran a meeting where I basically sold myself. I was offered the Account Executive position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What three characteristics would you use to describe yourself?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think Worldwide Express approaches the market place aggressively?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Why would someone want to do business with you and Worldwide Express?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I chose not to negotiate. Aside from various jobs throughout high school and college, this position offered me a career focus. The base pay and commission structure was very competitive with other offers I received.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter through Careerbuilder.com. She set me up with an interview. Initially I met with the Sales Manager (my now direct boss) an the franchise owner (my now top boss.) We reviewed my resume as well as discussed past jobs and experiences. I was 'tested' with remembering characteristics my now Sales Manager had said were necessary to excel at this job. After the interview I sent a thank you as well as competed a small 'homework' assignment describing what I thought I could bring to Worldwide as well as what I expected Worldwide could do for me. Next I was invited for a ride-along. I spent a full day in the field with one of the sales reps cold calling. This is a very valuable experience, because if you can't handle rejection or cold calling this job is not for you. A ride-along is the best way to find out if this is something you want to do. Rejection doesn't bother me so I indicated that I wanted to move forward with the process. Next I had a phone interview with a Sales Executive out of Dallas who runs the training program. This interview is what sold me on Worldwide Express. He was so passionate about training and the company, I knew this is where I wanted to start my career. He was direct, but answered all of my questions as well. After the phone interview, I again indicated my interest in continuing with the process. The last step was a final interview with the owner, during which I was given a formal written offer which I accepted.

My advice to other candidates is to bring the energy! Sales requires you to be very energetic so you must convey that attitude during the interview process as well. Also, take the ride-along very seriously. It is a very realistic representation of what you will be doing every day, especially in the beginning. If you are not comfortable during the realistic representation, you will not be comfortable doing this job!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing was really negotiable, but it is a very generous compensation plan. I pay nothing for my health benefits and my salary as well as compensation are above average.

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (Rockville, MD) in April 2009.

Interview

First step is a one on one interview with the president of the franchise. If all goes well, you are than asked to come back for a field ride in which you go out and follow a sales rep for the day cold calling, running meetings. Finally, the third step is a sales presentation which you have to conduct in front of both the franchise president and Director of Sales.

Interview Questions

• What are three strengths and three weaknesses that you would bring to Worldwide Express   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit Lakes, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (Detroit Lakes, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was a 3 step process with a job shadow included.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (Southfield, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about the opportunity. I then met with the branch manager and he was very professional. He was friendly but tough and felt like he was a very sharp younger guy. I wasn't offered the job but they called me and informed me why another person was chosen over me. A very professional place from what I saw.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (Detroit, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly lengthy but very thorough. Although there were multiple steps to the interview process I really felt like I got a good understanding and handle on the expectations of what a person in sales at WWE does. First I came in for an initial interview with the Sales Manager and he had a very laid back interviewing style which was much more interactive and less structured than I have seen in the past. I appreciated that all the questions wern't, "Tell me a time..." Being a recent college graduate and that I don't have a lot of experience under my belt and I often get very frustrated with those types of questions because they don't adequately represent my work ethic and my drive for success.

After the first interview he asked me to answer some questions and then I went out in the field with one of their senior sales reps. The day out in the field was long (since we were cold calling almost all day) but by the end of the day I had a descent understanding of the position. I then went back and talked to the Sales Manager again and ultimately found out from the recruiter that I didn't receive the position. All in all I'm pretty disappointed that I didn't get the position. The office environment seemed like somewhere I'd really like to work and everyone that I met was really outgoing and sociable.

Interview Questions

• In a matter of words I was asked why I wanted to cold call all day and it seemed like he was trying to see if I genuinely would enjoy the job each day.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (Southfield, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

Recruiter emailed me about the opportunity. I went in for 1:1 interview with the sales manager. Then had a ride along with their top rep. Everything was going perfect until my 1:1 interview with the district manager. This interview directly followed the ride along (which could have not gone better). The interview with the District Manager got extremely personal after he told me about how great he was. My resume and life choices were scrutinized over and over again. I understand he was seeing how I handled objections (I had good reasons for the choices I had made) but he crossed personal lines many times. For some reason he couldn't understand that people have different life experiences and have gone through trials and tribulations that are PERSONAL. Not everyone has had the same opportunities and not EVERYTHING in one's life needs to be exposed in order to decide if someone is the right fit for a position. I followed up with the recruiter and sales manager--I never heard anything back.

Interview Questions

• "What is wrong with you?" "You are almost my age, why don't you have a solid career?"   Answer Question