Worldwide Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Worldwide Express

2.9

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2020.

Interview

Initial phone call/interview, 2 in person interviews, offer sent out during final interview. Very good communication & response times. Everyone I dealt with was fantastic- from HR, to the Sales Managers and their teams.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (Overland Park, KS) in February 2020.

Interview

Phone interview, and then in-person interview after. With the phone interview, the recruiter forgot about the call. I messaged her and she apologized and rescheduled for a few days later. The in-person interview went great and they invited me for a desk ride (all day shadow). I went to the desk ride two week after the in-person interview and was immediately turned away. The director came out and told me that they were on a "hiring freeze". They told me I can do the desk ride in a month or two. I am a college student and had talked to professors to miss class that day. I was disappointed with how unprofessional it was. A phone call before I made the trek out there and missed my classes that day would have been great. Unfortunately, I would not recommend to others.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (Dallas, TX) in December 2019.

Interview

Great and Simple process. Just what is required for the job and quick turnaround of the outcome. Got an offer within a day of the final interview.
    Most of the questions were on design and architecture.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Worldwide Express.

Interview

Overall the interview itself was good and the people that interviewed me were really nice and welcoming. However it was the process after that which mad me very unhappy. After the interview you have to wait and see if they invite you back to do a “Full day” at the job to see how things operate and if you like it. I waited about a week and sent them status update email to see if anything was decided. I got a response right away asking me to come in for the full day which I was extremely excited for. We set up a time and date for that following week......but about 40 minutes after that I got a call from the recruiter stating that the email they sent me (which was personable by the way)was for another candidate and that they decided not to move ahead with my application. I have no idea how that happens when you set up a date and time and we emailed back and forth 3 more times after that initial email and they say it wasn’t intended for me. I heard great things about the company but I don’t trust their hiring process at all.

Outside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (Memphis, TN) in August 2019.

Interview

What do Tinder, Snapchat Selfies, and recklessly driving in city traffic have in common? Well all these things made an appearance in my “in the field” interview with this company. I was told to be there at 8 am. Showed up at 7:55, went up to the office, knock on the door, and alas no one was there. Around 8:15 the manager strolls in. I then proceed to be told he has to take care of some emails and so I sat in a chair in the office making small talk for 2 hours before we go out to the field. After multiple red lights being run we get to the first location. After that was over, we had a brief lunch. Then we were on to our “Door to Door Sales”. During these, after the first question I would ask the customers the manager would cut me off and start going through an entire routine. Once we got back to the car he proceeded to get on Tinder, proceeded to tell me how “hot” a girl was, and then take at least 5-6 selfies to send to her on Snapchat. Oh I forgot to mention, I was forced to listen to his “rap” track that he made in which he rapped in Spanish .... yeah this was one I’ll never forget. I had to take an entire day off from work for what could have been a 2-3 hour interview. If this is the person this company sees fit to run a branch I highly have to question this companies judgment and decision making.

Inside Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2019.

Interview

I recently finished up the interview process for the Inside Account Manager role, based in St. Louis Park, MN. I had a great experience over all and found everyone to be professional and very welcoming! The process starts with a one on one interview with the team's manager and lasted about an hour- pretty straight forward questions and I appreciated that it felt like he was trying to get to know me as a person and not just your run of the mill situational interview questions. The next step was my favorite part of the whole experience...what they refer to as a "ride along". I was able to hang out with the team for half a day and they took me out to lunch. One of the people I sat with mentioned how they wanted to make sure I could see myself here and it felt like a good fit for me which I thought was super cool. Everyone was friendly and it was a fun atmosphere. The office is sweet..over by West End and there are a crap ton of games in there and music playing ... just a really good energy overall. The next step was a short phone interview with a director which was fine. The final step was meeting with the manager and director where I was offered the job. Overall great experience and fun people. Nothing crazy difficult and you get a feel for what the job will be like.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 3 qualities that you think would make you a good fit for this role   Answer Question

Interview

1 interview that lasted about 30 minuets. A week later I was able to shadow an account manager in to determine whether or not I would like what it is i'd be doing.

Outside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (Washington, DC) in May 2019.

Interview

Starts off with a phone screening, followed by a follow up interview then finally a field ride the field ride is the most complex part they give you a Sales script and you have to memorize it and execute the same day

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with Outside Sales?   1 Answer

Billing Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Worldwide Express (Overland Park, KS) in April 2019.

Interview

My interview process was a bit heightened as I was eager to get started. I had the face to face and the desk ride, but my last interview was over the phone. My resume spoke to my manager and she knew I'd be a great fit from looking at me on paper. She was right!

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are the perfect candidate for WWEX?   Answer Question

Inside Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Worldwide Express in March 2019.

Interview

It’s a 4 part interview process. You meet with the manager of the location you’ll be working at, then come in and shadow the role, third is a phone call with the regional director of sales in the area you would take on, and last is they have you come in to meet with the director of account management and present you with an offer. I would say I had a decently positive experience until about half way through. For this specific location they were looking to add about 4-5 new team members.

I went through the first interview with a great feeling and the manager was professional and relatable.

The shadow was fun, but not too much professionalism. I was offered a shot in the beginning of the shadow, and this is the first time I’m meeting the team. Don’t get me wrong I love having fun with coworkers in the office but there’s a time & a place and I wouldn’t say a first time shadow is that. I also don’t think 4 hours watching different people doing the same thing is necessary either. They tell you not to take notes throughout the process and then the manager quizzes you on what you learned at the end, and truly most of them didn’t have much going on to watch.

Although I still remained excited by the opportunity. I then had a conversation with the area sales director in the 3rd interview and the whole process was honestly awkward. I was told to give him a call at a specific time (also new to me because they from my experience they usually call the prospect). So I called him and he didn’t answer so I left a message. A little frustrated because I took off time from my current job to do this as I was looking for a career change. The director called me back and our conversation was about 10% about the job 90% about both of us, yet he said we would rarely communicate with each other in this position I didn’t understand the need for this. He would stop talking and there would be silences on the phone as he didn’t know what to say. He was also very defensive in many things he said which through a red flag for me. After telling him I also had another offer I got a call back an hour later from HR asking me to come in for the 4th interview which is the offer.

So I took off more time to come in again and had a small interview with the director of account management for the first time where she offered me a poorly filled in offer template from 2017. It did not include numbers for PTO, or anything specific about the benefits- just that I would get them after some time there. They expected me to sign on the spot. I told them I needed some time to consider this offer and they seemed a little shocked. They told me to let them know Thursday at the latest, and after consideration with a career change, I wanted to make sure I took enough time to make sure I was making the right decision even though I was feeling rushed as they wanted me to start the following Monday. I told them I would hopefully get back to them by Wednesday but if not for sure Thursday.

Unfortunately, after deciding Wednesday evening that I would accept the other offer, I went to send them an email Thursday morning and they had already emailed me that they assumed I took the other offer after they did not hear back from me so they rescinded the offer. I honestly had to just laugh and count my blessings I did not choose to accept this position.

So do what you want from my experience in applying here, I felt like there were some red flags in the hiring process.