Worley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Worley (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Waiting on my background to process I just applied online and they said I was hired for the job I didn't have a interview there were no come into the office or phone interview required

Cat Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rifle, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Worley (Rifle, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, had to track my application online. Everything about the job posting was very vague, looked like they would train you.
    Once I passed the background check, I received an email from someone in HR. I called into Worley and spoke with someone from HR to ask questions, she was not helpful and seemed rather annoyed that I had called her to ask questions. From the few responses that she could give me, I withdrew from the process.
    I have to have a good understanding of how it works prior to committing to travelling to an orientation, or quitting my current job.

Interview Questions

• There was no actual interview, I called to the HR department, they didn't question me. I questioned them. The lady that I spoke with was rather short with me, I had to ask her questions about the position, pay, travel, etc. She was VERY not forthcoming with information.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Worley in August 2016.

Interview

I never actually spoke with a real person. I applied, got an offer and a ton of emails about orientation. I tried to contact the HR department via email and phone calls but nobody would call me back. I feel like it was a scam and would not recommend the company.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Worley in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online in California. No interview at all. They just contact you and then tell you if you passed the background check. To start working here you already have to have your adjusters license and they don't pay for that. If you live in CA, you have to wait 3-4 months to get into an orientation in your state. So pass a background check, then go to orientation and then you can become an employee, but you can only get work if you are a licensed adjuster, which Worley does not provide training for or pay you to do.

Interview Questions

• Do you have your claims adjuster license?   1 Answer

Payrolll Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Worley (Hammond, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

After seeing a job posting on Glassdoor, I applied through the company's website. About a week later I received a call to schedule an interview for later in the week. For being such a large and professional organization, I was pleased that the interview was causal and conversation like. The questions were your basic interview questions along with questions regarding experience around multi state payroll and the company's unique structure. The position I interviewed for was a new positions within the company. In the end I did not get selected for the position because my experience wasn't strong enough.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with multi-state payroll administriation?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Worley.

Interview

The job announcement and phone call asking for an in-person interview were both vague. No information or time were given to prepare. I was honest about my background, skills, and experience on my resume and in person. The interview consisted of standard interview questions followed by a coding test in front of about seven people. Many of the questions had to do with one or two areas of programming (arrays and object orientated). Although the questions were not complex, the fact that your work was being watched on a big screen in front of seven people and it's not the type of work that I perform in my current job on a regular basis or ever; had me leaving the interview deflated and with the feeling that the performance was not indicative of my potential to perform the duties of the job in the near-term or potential to learn on the job. I also found it somewhat demeaning that they wanted you to 'talk through' the questions and answers as you work on them; as if, answering them on a big screen while being watched by seven people wasn't enough. In addition, the job posting indicated that the position would be in a different city than their headquarters only to find out that the position would be a considerable commute. This combined with the fact that they collect a lot of personal information including social security number, current salary/past salary, and driver's license number to even secure the interview indicates to me that it's the type of management that micro-manages. I think Worley would stand a better chance of acquiring value-added human capital if they were up-front about the interview process including who you will be meeting with, the type of questions you will be asked, and where the job will be located. In addition, I personally think it would be in their best interest to focus more on intangible qualities such as: trust, leadership, intelligence (potential to learn), and work ethic because everything else can quickly be gained.

Interview Questions

• Populate arrays, sort, object orientated programming, C#, JQuery .attr, design patterns   Answer Question

Worley Response

Mar 17, 2015

Thank you for your review. The protocol you describe is not typical of our hiring process. Our goal is to evaluate, hire and train quality talent to assist our company meet it's strategic ... More

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Worley in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was the easiest one I've ever been on. I basically showed up on time, chatted with the interviewer to show my personality, and she hired me on the spot. She asked at which location could I work in, when I could start, and if I had any previous customer service experience. Easy, peasy. Everyone I chatted with during my interview and orientation were very nice. I was very excited.

BUT, it's been two months since my orientation, and I STILL haven't had a start date. They ask from time to time again if I'm available, but I've yet put in one day of work or training. Not one. Seems like a great company to work for with great pay, but if one decides to apply, they should already be working while waiting for a call back. Unfortunately, that's why I had to move on.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult about it except for the waiting around for a start date.   1 Answer

The waiting around for a start date. One should not have to wait two or more months after being hired to start working.

Worley Response

Mar 17, 2015

Unfortunately, in our line of business it is difficult to provide consistency in job assignment. I apologize that during our interview it wasn't made clear to you that our assignments are seasonal ... More

Independent Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Worley (Hammond, LA) in August 2014.

Interview

Chris contacted me by phone and offered a position as an Independent Adjuster. He explained the pay, hours, benefits and the days I would be in training. He also stated the company will be State Farm we would be working for.

Interview Questions

• Do I accept this deployment?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Worley.

Interview

Only one interview. The managers who interview are very nice and basically want to see what experience you have and your personality. I'm guessing they are from upper management and have not done the actual job in years, so they just talked about things listed on my resume. They were responsible for hiring my direct managers who didnt know squat, so maybe they should start doing more complete interviews.

Interview Questions

• they didnt ask alot of difficult questions. it was more conversational to find out about your background   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Independent Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Worley (Hammond, LA) in April 2014.

Interview

The process was great, people are friendly had a lot of knowledge. Training was very informative, trainers don't allow failure and are encouraging. Travel time to facility was not bad and facility was nice and clean, all faces were smiling and polite.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever worked in customer service.   1 Answer