WorleyParsons Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

WorleyParsons Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.8

Interview

Our intention is to hire the best possible person for the available position whilst ensuring you have the information you need to decide that this is the role and company that you wish to join to pursue your chosen career path.

Stage 1: You apply
    After selecting the role(s) you wish to apply for, you will complete a short application process

Stage 2: We both discuss
    If you meet the criteria for the role, we will discuss your application, your experience and what we are looking for. Usually this is achieved by your visiting our offices and meeting with a recruiter and the personnel you will be working with. This process is very much two way as it is vital you get to know us and our working culture.

Stage 3: We do some checks
    We may conduct a number of background checks to ensure you are suitable for the role applied for. You will be advised if you need to complete any forms for these checks to be conducted.

Stage 4: We both decide
    If you are happy with us and we are happy with you, then we ask you to join with a verbal and then written offer of employment providing all the information you need to start your new career and we prepare for you to join our team.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WorleyParsons (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I was first interviewed by phone by the Calgary-based hiring manager (I was in Vancouver on family holiday). I was shortlisted, and was asked to come in for an in-person panel interview in Calgary with 4 interviewers including HR, the hiring manager, a potential colleague, and another departmental manager. I asked, and got permission, to do a short presentation as part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach the challenge of merging two corporate cultures that need to work successfully after one company is acquired by another company?   1 Answer

Ironworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackfalds, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WorleyParsons (Blackfalds, AB (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

First they ask if your French, than if your gay . They than ask what you will do to make this company better, and if you will turn a blind eye .lastly they question whether you know the yard manager and if you do , how?

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WorleyParsons (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I was interviewed by Engineering Manager and Department Manager. The interview was in friendly environment. I was given offer next day that I accepted. There was one phone interview first by HR Person to confirm my availability.

Interview Questions

• General Career History only.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WorleyParsons.

Interview

intitially telephoninc interview was specifically technical skills. another interview with panel which was more job specific. nothing like behaviour base interview. like what the want they asked. warm welcome. asking salary expections. giving details of benefits and terms of employment with choice of full time employment or contract.

Interview Questions

• expmple of meeeting deadlines.and time frame for each task.   Answer Question

Mechanical Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WorleyParsons.

Interview

Panel Interview, written technical exam

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarnia, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WorleyParsons (Sarnia, ON (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview was technical in nature, lots of engineering related questions, say for example how to design a control valve or what is cavitation. The second interview was with client. It was not so detailed. Questions on whether I was open to travel or I could work at the client site was asked. Previous salary and salary expectations were discussed.

Interview Questions

• How will you prepare a certain engineering document, say a flow diagram?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes within reason

EIT Interview

Interview

Applied online in January and got first interview on phone by HR in start of FEB. Then second phone interview in March and that followed, a week later, another interview with Director (face to face)

Environmental Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at WorleyParsons (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Job descriptions are nothing like the actual positions. The descriptions are much better than reality. Did not discuss position during interview, more interested in "fit" with group etc. Company seems more interested in a "cultural fit" than flushing out exact technical experience etc. Found that WorleyParsons is very very cheap in the area of relocation so don't expect them to cover much, if you are coming from out of town with a family be prepared to eat alot of expenses yourself.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, was more like a small talk chat than an interview. Talked alot about previous experiences etc but nothing technical etc.   Answer Question

Piping Engineering EIT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at WorleyParsons (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online in January and got first interview on phone by HR in start of FEB. Then second phone interview in MArch and that followed, a week later, nother interview with Director (face to face)...

1 hour long technical interview.100% technical.most question related to wall thickness calculations, stress analysis, Trims, CSA Z662, B31.3, MTOs, line list, etc etc ..it went well.It was more technical, may be because I had 1.5 year experience in same field.....

Worley asked for fresh grad less then 2 year experience .......for this job