Worthington Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

3.1

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worthington, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Worthington Industries (Worthington, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I was emailed by a Worthington Industries HR associate within 24 hours of submitting my application. This was on a Wednesday. The HR associate asked me if I was available for a phone interview the following Monday after 10:00 AM. I emailed the HR associate back indicating that I was available. By Friday I hadn't received a confirmation so I emailed the HR associate to confirm the Monday phone interview. I never heard from the HR associate again.

Interview Questions

• If I was available for a phone interview   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Worthington Industries (Columbus, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

Team Interview- Starts with a Phone screen with typical interview questions from HR Mgr. If you pass the 1st gate, then their is a phone interview with Hiring Manager. If you pass, then there is a team interview which is conduct separately. Several candidates go through the process and 2 or three candidates are selected and the hiring manager interviews these candidates. The interview team gets together and discuss who should be hired. The hiring manager is the tie breaker. This process usually ensures the best candidate is choosen

Interview Questions

• Typical Interview questions   1 Answer

Internal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Worthington Industries (Columbus, OH) in March 2010.

Interview

First interview is one CoE member and a HR rep that ask you mainly behavioral questions. The second interview is a panel of CoE members (4-5), plus discussions with VPs or Presidents in the company. This portion is also mainly behavioral, but can include some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Which is more preferred: an 80% solution with a plan in place that is on-time or a 100% solution that is not on-time   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Interview

There was no formal interview. A friend employed at Worthington submitted my resume for me and introduced me to the hiring manager. The team at Worthington was slow to respond sometimes, but their responses were helpful.

Interview Questions

• What is my background in communications and what kind of portfolio can I provide?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Worthington Industries.

Interview

The hiring process was a very quick process and they want to provide answers and feedback as soon as possible. They definitely do not leave you waiting, they are very organized.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Worthington and what are you looking for in a company.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

First round is phone interview and then in person interview with various people. Even went back for a second in person interview. Received phone call via phone offer shortly after second interview

Senior IT Security Architect and Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worthington, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Worthington Industries (Worthington, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with multiple teams. They each asked questions as I asked questions of them. They were all very friendly and easy to talk to. The meetings all went very well. The entire in person interview meetings took place over an entire morning. The initial phone interview was about forty five minutes. It was semi-technical in nature.All of the meetings asked about how I would handle differing situations.

Shop Floor Interview

Application

Interview

Quick and easy. I had an inside connection at the time so my interview was easy. I was already hired before I interviewed. See this is how it works here. If you know someone or you are an OSU athlete, you are golden.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Worthington Industries in May 2015.

Interview

It was professional and organized. Only issue was I had to come in 3 different time to interview with three different people and I lives 2 hours away. For the appearance of the employees and company alone I knew this place was awesome!

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Worthington Industries (Columbus, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

Extensive with many questions and honesty, a the questions were fair with them having little or no knowledge about the field. Many of the questions were the same just worded differently and they wanted to fill that position to help with upcoming work.

Interview Questions

• How long you have been in you field and if you have any other experiences   1 Answer