Worthington Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

3.1

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Worthington Industries (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Talked with the Engineering Manager and a Mechanical Engineering. Both pretty nice and friendly. We talked about several designs and daily tasks at the company. They seemed interested in what I was saying and they also share some of their experiences. I felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

• They made me do a Mechanical Engineering Comprehension test.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Worthington Industries (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process with Worthington was very generic when I went in. It was the typical "tell me about yourself", and the interviewer asked me about a couple of things from my resume. The interviewer was very friendly and easy to have a conversation with. She did not act like she was above me, and seemed genuinely interested in me as a potential employee and as a person. I had to let her know that unfortunately I did not think I would even be able to accept an offer, should I receive it, but she still went through the process with me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Worthington Industries (Columbus, OH) in February 2008.

Interview

In person interview with Director of HR and Transformation team followed by an on-site interview with executive group in Columbus.

Keys to success are demonstration of leadership, problem solving/analystical skills, entrepreneurial mindset, and cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process by which you would determine the loss buckets in a cost-savings opportunity?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you improved a process which greatly contributed to the performance of your organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short term experience is excellent, however, their may not be a succinct plan for retention of career track; something to keep in mind. Additionally, compensation should mirror consulting positions within the Big 4.

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Worthington Industries (Columbus, OH) in January 2009.

Interview

Applied in person at the company. Called back about two weeks after filling out the initial application. Then brought in for an orientation and all production employees start out a seasonal employees. After about seven months as a season offered full time postion that require a general interview process to go throgh. Fairly straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Worthington Industries (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Visited company during a career fair. Had a brief phone interview attempting to understand interest level and qualifications. Next step was an hour long in-person interview. The interview was 3-on-1 and consisted of a run through of my resume and other behavioral/situational questions. It was a very pleasant experience and the interviewers were friendly and engaging.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you were working on a project and something went wrong. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Salary was a bit lower than market value.

Junior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Worthington Industries (Columbus, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview with the Engineering Manager, then was asked to come in for a group interview. Interviewed by groups of 2 engineers at a time. Got the chance to speak with everyone in the group.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Worthington Industries (Columbus, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was VERY long. I had to come in to the company 3 times, and interviewed with at least 10 people. After all interviews were completed, it still took at least 3 weeks to get a job offer. I will say that everyone I met was very nice, professional and asked good questions. I enjoyed meeting them and was excited about the job. However, by the end of the process, I was questioning whether I really wanted to work here due to frustration with how long it took.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a project you worked on that didn't go well and what you learned from it?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Worthington Industries (Columbus, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online through an extensive application, then I had a phone screen for which I did not make it further in the process from. Obviously didn't want to have such an awesome person on board their team. If you had applicable experience prior to, then perhaps your chances would be greater than mine were.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Worthington Industries (Columbus, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

Extensive with many questions and honesty, a the questions were fair with them having little or no knowledge about the field. Many of the questions were the same just worded differently and they wanted to fill that position to help with upcoming work.

Interview Questions

• How long you have been in you field and if you have any other experiences   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Worthington Industries in May 2015.

Interview

It was professional and organized. Only issue was I had to come in 3 different time to interview with three different people and I lives 2 hours away. For the appearance of the employees and company alone I knew this place was awesome!