Worthington Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Worthington Industries Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

3.1

Communications Interview

Interview

There was no formal interview. A friend employed at Worthington submitted my resume for me and introduced me to the hiring manager. The team at Worthington was slow to respond sometimes, but their responses were helpful.

Interview Questions

• What is my background in communications and what kind of portfolio can I provide?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Worthington Industries.

Interview

The hiring process was a very quick process and they want to provide answers and feedback as soon as possible. They definitely do not leave you waiting, they are very organized.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Worthington and what are you looking for in a company.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

First round is phone interview and then in person interview with various people. Even went back for a second in person interview. Received phone call via phone offer shortly after second interview

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Worthington Industries (Columbus, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

Team Interview- Starts with a Phone screen with typical interview questions from HR Mgr. If you pass the 1st gate, then their is a phone interview with Hiring Manager. If you pass, then there is a team interview which is conduct separately. Several candidates go through the process and 2 or three candidates are selected and the hiring manager interviews these candidates. The interview team gets together and discuss who should be hired. The hiring manager is the tie breaker. This process usually ensures the best candidate is choosen

Interview Questions

• Typical Interview questions   1 Answer

Senior IT Security Architect and Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worthington, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Worthington Industries (Worthington, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with multiple teams. They each asked questions as I asked questions of them. They were all very friendly and easy to talk to. The meetings all went very well. The entire in person interview meetings took place over an entire morning. The initial phone interview was about forty five minutes. It was semi-technical in nature.All of the meetings asked about how I would handle differing situations.

Shop Floor Interview

Application

Interview

Quick and easy. I had an inside connection at the time so my interview was easy. I was already hired before I interviewed. See this is how it works here. If you know someone or you are an OSU athlete, you are golden.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Worthington Industries in May 2015.

Interview

It was professional and organized. Only issue was I had to come in 3 different time to interview with three different people and I lives 2 hours away. For the appearance of the employees and company alone I knew this place was awesome!

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Worthington Industries (Columbus, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

Extensive with many questions and honesty, a the questions were fair with them having little or no knowledge about the field. Many of the questions were the same just worded differently and they wanted to fill that position to help with upcoming work.

Interview Questions

• How long you have been in you field and if you have any other experiences   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Worthington Industries (Columbus, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online through an extensive application, then I had a phone screen for which I did not make it further in the process from. Obviously didn't want to have such an awesome person on board their team. If you had applicable experience prior to, then perhaps your chances would be greater than mine were.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Worthington Industries (Columbus, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was VERY long. I had to come in to the company 3 times, and interviewed with at least 10 people. After all interviews were completed, it still took at least 3 weeks to get a job offer. I will say that everyone I met was very nice, professional and asked good questions. I enjoyed meeting them and was excited about the job. However, by the end of the process, I was questioning whether I really wanted to work here due to frustration with how long it took.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a project you worked on that didn't go well and what you learned from it?   Answer Question