Wunderman Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.6

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wunderman (New York, NY).

Interview

As I reflect back on Wunderman's interview process, I can genuinely say the interview(s) were a waste of time. As I hadn't formally applied for a role with the company, I was sent a recruitment email from the HR expressing interest in my profile and experience. I was given a proposed time and date, however, no one confirmed, I had to follow up with them to ensure it was still taking place.

As I met with HR there seemed to be a confusion on how my candidacy came to the company's attention. The interview times slots, had not been properly booked, and HR seemed surprised that the hiring manager I was suppose to meet with wasn't even at work that day, in which, other team members were scrambled together to meet. Those that I met seemed great, however, that was the only highlight.

Upon leaving, I was told I had good feedback, and someone would follow-up. This never occurred, and when I sent a follow-up I was ignored. Then I saw the role re-placed online a few days later, so I had my answer I suppose.

I have to say, I don't believe it was a professional experience what so ever.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wunderman (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I went to the bootcamp of the one club. My team won 1st place and we had a chance to interview with wunderman. I was one of the candidate selected.

Interview Questions

• What project have I work on outside school?   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wunderman (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

It was honestly the best interview experience I've ever had. I received an email about an hour (!) after I applied online. The recruiter there was so prompt in her response times and so enthusiastic about me and my work. In my phone interview we had a real, organic discussion about my past experiences, how I think, and what projects I enjoyed working on. She took the time to look over my portfolio before we talked and was very familiar with my work, which was so refreshing after I had just driven 4 hours the week before to interview with three people who clearly hadn't even looked at a single thing on my website (different company). Right after my interview she had one of their senior copywriters call me to give me another perspective on the agency. She then called me back right after to offer me the position. For this program I was interviewing for the only copywriter intern position, and they really took the time to communicate why they thought I would be a good fit. If this process is any indication of the work environment at Wunderman, I think I am going to love it there.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite project in your portfolio, what have you been up to since you graduated, what kinds of things have you enjoyed working on in the past   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wunderman (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Someone referred me to their HR team for a position they thought I would be great for. Received a number of calls from their hiring manager trying to set up an interview (almost overly interested). We finally had a phone interview which I thought went very well because he wanted to set up a call with a few of the direct team members within 24 hours. Had a Skype interview with 3 people thought we all connected and had great conversation then crickets - no call or email. I really liked the team, the client and the challenge of the position so I called 2x and sent follow up emails with no response. Very disappointing and unprofessional especially given the way it started.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wunderman (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Casual and direct interviewer. To the point and slightly aggressive ad arrogant. I got the feeling that the interviewer really wanted to just fill seats because honestly when I went in there, I had no idea what Wunderman was or what the company even did.

Interview Questions

• As a test, they give you a series of pictures and you have to write captions for them.   1 Answer

Senior Level Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wunderman (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Brief interview with HR, followed by four interviews with various team members working on a specific account that totaled over three hours. Each team member passed my resume to each other as they walked into the conference room to meet with me. None of them had reviewed it prior to my arrival.

One senior-level team member asked me to choose which job I could see myself in, neither of which was the job I was there to meet about! It was a complete circus and a waste of everyone's time. No one was appropriately briefed on the scope or scale of what HR was looking for.

I never received a follow-up from HR, but the experience was so bizarre, I'm certainly not pressing for answers. It is a total indication of the interdepartmental breakdowns this organization needs to iron out to move forward.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wunderman (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was reached by a recruiter within one week. The entire process consisted of one initial phone screening & an in-person interview with several members of the account management team, including the director of project management. The in-person interview process took about two hours, and I was given a full-time offer within a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This position did not allow for salary negotiation

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wunderman (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I saw a post on Linkedin for a job. I reached out to the recruiter who emailed me back. We went back and forth a bit to figure out timing and then I was asked to come in to get to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a day rate they offered and I accepted.

Group Director of Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wunderman (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Interviews were coordinated professionally, expertly and promptly by the head of recruiting. Feedback was swift and progression from first interview to offer speedy. The recruiter set up a number of follow-on meetings with the hiring director so that I could get better acquainted with the work and direction of the agency.

Interview Questions

• Interview focused on my previous work/book of work and my point of view on brands.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiating title and vacation were simple to negotiate.
    There was no movement on salary.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wunderman (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Seamless, easy and friendly interview. Informal. Discuss background experience and education.
    It was a test of personality as well, as we discussed everything from industry knowledge, insights, clients background, to social cultural aspect of the agency. The time went by quickly and I came out of the interview with a positive feeling.

Interview Questions

• What I did at last job. Insights working with cliets and agencies. Any problem I have had in the past and how to rectify it. Experience and background, but more of a chit chat.   1 Answer