Wunderman Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wunderman Project Manager Interview Questions

3.2

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wunderman (Washington, DC).

Interview

I interviewed for a role in the DC office. When I first had a phone interview with the HR Manager, she seemed really interested and said she was eager to have me come in and interview. She wasn't entirely friendly and asked questions that led me to believe she really didn't understand much about the role, but I was excited about the position so I didn't mind much.

I later had another phone interview with another HR representative, but she definitely not friendly. She, like the other representative, asked questions that led me to believe that she wasn't familiar with the role.

After the phone interview, I followed up via email about 2 weeks later just to get a status on how things were going. The representative didn't even had the courtesy to email me back. Overall, this was not a very professional nor pleasant experience, and I'm happy that I didn't get the job because I can only imagine what it would've been like working there.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to de-stress when you're dealing with a hectic day?
    How will you manage working with different personalities while interacting with several different functional teams?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wunderman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wunderman (Washington, DC).

Interview

My phone interview with HR went relatively well. But my in-person interview was no so good for multiple reasons. They sent me a schedule of who I was meeting with and there was no one to "shepherd" the process. So I spent much longer in one of the earlier interviews, causing another person to miss our time slot and me having to wait almost 20 minutes for this person to show up. The entire interview lasted almost an hour and a half longer than I was told. The same HR person I spoke with on the phone had apparently forgotten everything I told her and she acted like we had never spoken before. She asked me a very odd question about how I was supposed to know if I'd get along with people at the company. I wasn't sure how to answer this since no one really knows at any job interview except by meeting people? She also argued with me on a technical question even though I was certain I was right so did not know how to convince her that what I had accomplished at my last job was actually the right decision. I felt that another one of the interviewers was combative in her questioning, cut me off mid-sentence for almost every response, and had the attitude that I had nothing to offer the company without giving me a chance to explain. She automatically assumed that since I did not come from her same background that I could not learn their programs or processes.

Interview Questions

• How do you know if you would get along with people at our company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wunderman (Washington, DC).

Interview

I got a call from the director of recruiting in DC saying the recruiter was out of office for the holidays and she wanted to make sure she was doing her job well essentially. We talked about my experience and she cut me off in the middle of my sentences and was generally a very rude brusque person. Very impatient and didn't seem to like my answers. (The same ones I give everyone). She proceeded to not follow up again. 3 weeks later, I get an email from the recruiter she didn't trust to do her job for the SAME position her boss screened me for. The recruiter wanted to bring me to the office (3 hours away). When I arrived, I wasted another half hour talking to both of them about whether I "might" be a good Mac

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Wunderman (Memphis, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

There were several interviews over several months. During one interview session, I was interviewed by approx. a dozen people in two hours. During that interview / series of interviews, several departments were represented - each with their own set of expectations as to what job I would be performing.

Interview Questions

• How many people have you managed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. They accepted my offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wunderman (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Difficult process. Went through a recruiter which allowed me to bypass the initial phone interviews. Had 2 in-person interviews a week apart from each other, each went really well as I received praise in each interview. After that I did not hear for about 2 weeks, my recruiter called me to tell me that they were figuring out whether they actually needed the position. During my interviews I was told this position was needed to be filled right away, so I assumed something must have changed.

2 weeks later I see another PM position with the agency and email my recruiter to relay my interest. That same day I was contacted by my recruiter to say the original job had been absolved but a slightly higher position was available, with the same team, they wanted to offer me, I was to start in 4 days. Well 2 days later they called to tell me my start date would get push back. In the mean time I did receive an official offer. Fast forward an additional 2 weeks and I still have not started. They then called to tell me about another PM position and I went in to meet with that team. First interview went well, second interview was really ridiculous as I felt the interviewer had decided they didnt like me before I opened my mouth. My recruiter called to tell me a week later that unfortunately they wanted someone with more experience (couldn't they have seen that from my resume?) and it turns out after almost 2 months, 4 in person interviews and a rescinded offer, I have no job with them.

Although I still respect Wunderman's work and clientele, I do wonder if I didn't really just dodge a bullet here with all this disorganization. At one point even their HR rep apologized to me cause she didn't know what was going on.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me in detail the principles of Project Management.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wunderman.

Interview

Standard procedure. Sent my application (CV and very brief cover letter) to the contact on the listing. Was invited to an interview a few days later. The office did not have an HR department, so interview was conducted by two team members. Nice and informal, standard interview questions. Next, was invited to a second interview with the CEO of that office. Again, very informal. Got the feeling they were just trying to see if I was a good fit. Called up about a week later being offered the position.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wunderman in October 2009.

Interview

It began with an initial phone screening done by HR; proceeded to a 1:1 interview in the office by the department hiring manager and HR; and finally proceeded to a group interview with key colleagues in the department. the agency always hires on a 3-month (usually) temp-to-hire basis, followed by an offer of fulltime, permanent employment if everyone agrees.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle being overloaded with commitments due in a given day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to suggest the hourly rate while in the temp/contract phase, but there was no negotiation possible in relation to the offer at the fulltime, permanent phase. the salary was presented as "take it or leave it".

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wunderman in September 2009.

Interview

It seemed like more of an informational interview where the various team members described the position to me, and kept asking if it was something I'd be interested in.

Interview Questions

• Coming from a director level position, why do you want this job?   Answer Question