Wyle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wyle Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wyle.

Interview

Two of my future managers sat down with me to discuss my resume and interests. Overall, it wasn't a bad interview. It was my first interview ever and I felt I bombed it but somehow still got hired so the guys must have been really patient with me.

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wyle (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Very standard interview process consisting of two phone interviews and one in-person interview. The first phone interview was a basic behavioral interview, the second phone interview was a bit more technical, and the in person interview was a panel of employees and was primarily about background information with school, classes, and employment experience. They quickly responded after each interview phase and every person that I spoke with was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Interview

Very easy. Not a lot of questions. Asked me about my major and if I was willing to change majors. The managers were nice. Although you never see them unless you work in the same building. Asked me if I wanted water or coffee.

Training Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wyle in February 2016.

Interview

Met with several members of the team. Discussed aspects of the job. I asked questions about the job description that I needed clarified. They discussed what the duties of the job were, and asked questions about my abilities that would qualify me for the job. I asked questions about the day-to-day duties of the job, as well as the training that would be provided were I selected. Everyone I spoke with was very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to negotiate something in your career?
      Experience developing curriculum.
      Answer Question

Marketing/Business Developmenf Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Wyle (Huntsville, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. It was a traditional panel interview with two executives and an HR representative. We had excellent discussions and talking about the problems they are facing and what they hope to accomplish when they fill their position. It took a couple of weeks, but I did receive feedback on the status of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience with a specific previous company and why did you leave after only one year?   Answer Question

I had multiple interviews back to back and selected my preferred company based on the way my strengths matched to the job position and the way I felt the interview interaction went. I had already selected my number one pick and this one was number two. When my number one pick made me an offer and met my requirements, I accepted their offer.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wyle (Huntsville, AL) in November 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people. the interview went very smoothly and it was a back and forth conversation. They talked about what WYLE provides to the govt and I talked about myself.

Interview Questions

• questions related to past experience with the desired specialty   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wyle (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

The interview process was a simply question and answer session regarding the project that I was currently working for them as a contractor. The contracting company was about to go out of business, but Wyle management (CAS Inc. at the time) needed to keep me on hand, due to my expertise.

Interview Questions

• Do you like your current job?   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wyle (Orange Park, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Several managers reviewed my experience and I had to respond to several questions from each about the what I could provide to the technical writer position. They provided a professional but friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What experience can you bring to the technical writing job?   Answer Question

EHS Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wyle (Webster, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I sat at a conference table across from three gentlemen, who took turns asking about my previous work and how I handle tough situations. I mostly wanted to leave the review to give some constructive criticism about a specific comment. One of the gentlemen was inquiring about my ability to move bulky, heavy demo equipment from one building to another and he made a joke about not asking me to do it in heels and a dress. It wasn't in any way mean spirited and I don't think it was intended to be disrespectful, but it struck me as sexist. I doubt that a man in the same position would have received a joke about his footwear or interview apparel, and I felt uncomfortable and defensive. It's not an issue that I feel needs any action in this instance, but just something I wanted to bring to someone's attention to look out for in the future.

Interview Questions

• How I would deal with unpleasant people in the workplace.   Answer Question

Database Administrator/Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wyle (Fredericksburg, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

I got a call back after two days after applying. I got a Phone interview after 1 week. The interview was about average. The Position was cancelled 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake and what you did to correct it.   Answer Question