Wyndham Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 25, 2018

2.6

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Interview

Went to Wyndham for interview, it was 5:30pm. There were a lot of applicants there. I applied for the Recruiting Coordinator position only to find out during the interview that the position has been filled in. The recruiter didn’t even inform us beforehand. Wasted our time and gas.

Community Marketing Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (Anaheim, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Very generic questions asking about you and what is on your resume. They just want to get to know you and if you're a "Type A"personality. Super quick interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide.

Interview

You are given a serious of questions. The correct response is using the S.T.A.R. method. The interviewer will give you a score on each question answered I believe out of 1 to 5. Not exactly sure which one is the highest.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your previous employment where something did not make sense?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide in December 2017.

Interview

Received an invite for a video interview, which I wasn't a fan of. Felt impersonal and was basically indicating their time was more important than mine... an interview should be a two-way street; if someone's resume fits the initial qualifications for an interview, there should be some ability to ask questions to the employer about the job to determine initial fit. If they just want responses, the same could be accomplished with a written form with a time limit. Some of the questions require elaboration which is better with rapport, especially for the position I applied for.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

6 interviews so far; Phone interviews with Talent Recruiter, Senior HR, Regional VP, Local HR, Stand-In GM and 6 hr Round Table. They are extremely thorough, and rightfully so. It's refreshing to witness a company securing their ultimate investment.

Interview Questions

• Why Wyndham? Out of all the other companies that would gladly hire you because of your knowledge and skills, why Wyndham?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (Clearwater Beach, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Very disorganized process. I was brought in for one position, then never heard anything back. I reached out, and they said they wanted to bring me back to interview for a different position. I came back with the understanding I would meet with more than one person, but it ended up being a different person within the same department. When I mentioned this, and that I had driven two hours, they said "Oh, we could have done this over the phone." When I did come back for a third interview, the person was very cold, did not smile, and acted as if I was wasting their time. I have over 15 years of hotel experience, got an email the following day with a rejection. The interview questions seemed inappropriate for a candidate with my experience. I ran my own department in a hotel for many years, yet one of the questions was, "Tell me about time when you had to handle a problem and your manager wasn't around." Ok, well, I rarely worked with my manager because I was the manager. Director actually.

Copywriter (Contract to Hire) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

Wyndham has a comfortable and friendly environment. I was given a very detailed picture of what my day to day would look like, the teams I would be working with, and the expectations of me in the given role. You are expected to take an editing and writing test.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

Very good at first, Recruiter phone screen and in-person with Hiring Manager who I had a great conversation with and felt excited about the role. I was brought back for a long day of interviews which included a presentation. The presentation was not related to my skillset which they knew so I assumed that I was not going to get the role.

What made me feel compelled to write a review is reading other reviews about the no response. I emailed my standard thank you's and follow up and heard NOTHING. I took a lot of time to interview and to not ever hear back and to know this is a pattern for them really says something about the company and I am actually very happy to not have left my job that I love to take a chance on a company that behaves like that.

Community Marketing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (Myrtle Beach, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied on their website through the listing on indeed. Got an email and phone call from the recruiter 2 days later. Real quick and general questions asked such as relative experience and why I applied. In person interviewed was the following day. Real laid back and relaxed. Asked about my job background, what motivates me, my weaknesses and why I should be selected as a candidate. Today is Wednesday and I was told I would hear something by Friday.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2017.

Interview

Managers brought me into their back office and interviewed me in their back office. They were very professional and I felt like I could be myself. They were very open and clear on exactly who they were looking for

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you went above and beyond for a customer/guest   Answer Question