Wyndham Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wyndham Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide.

Interview

You are given a serious of questions. The correct response is using the S.T.A.R. method. The interviewer will give you a score on each question answered I believe out of 1 to 5. Not exactly sure which one is the highest.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your previous employment where something did not make sense?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (Clearwater Beach, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Very disorganized process. I was brought in for one position, then never heard anything back. I reached out, and they said they wanted to bring me back to interview for a different position. I came back with the understanding I would meet with more than one person, but it ended up being a different person within the same department. When I mentioned this, and that I had driven two hours, they said "Oh, we could have done this over the phone." When I did come back for a third interview, the person was very cold, did not smile, and acted as if I was wasting their time. I have over 15 years of hotel experience, got an email the following day with a rejection. The interview questions seemed inappropriate for a candidate with my experience. I ran my own department in a hotel for many years, yet one of the questions was, "Tell me about time when you had to handle a problem and your manager wasn't around." Ok, well, I rarely worked with my manager because I was the manager. Director actually.

Copywriter (Contract to Hire) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

Wyndham has a comfortable and friendly environment. I was given a very detailed picture of what my day to day would look like, the teams I would be working with, and the expectations of me in the given role. You are expected to take an editing and writing test.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

Very good at first, Recruiter phone screen and in-person with Hiring Manager who I had a great conversation with and felt excited about the role. I was brought back for a long day of interviews which included a presentation. The presentation was not related to my skillset which they knew so I assumed that I was not going to get the role.

What made me feel compelled to write a review is reading other reviews about the no response. I emailed my standard thank you's and follow up and heard NOTHING. I took a lot of time to interview and to not ever hear back and to know this is a pattern for them really says something about the company and I am actually very happy to not have left my job that I love to take a chance on a company that behaves like that.

Community Marketing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (Myrtle Beach, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied on their website through the listing on indeed. Got an email and phone call from the recruiter 2 days later. Real quick and general questions asked such as relative experience and why I applied. In person interviewed was the following day. Real laid back and relaxed. Asked about my job background, what motivates me, my weaknesses and why I should be selected as a candidate. Today is Wednesday and I was told I would hear something by Friday.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2017.

Interview

Managers brought me into their back office and interviewed me in their back office. They were very professional and I felt like I could be myself. They were very open and clear on exactly who they were looking for

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you went above and beyond for a customer/guest   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide.

Interview

Started with a group interview with get to know you questions like favorite movie and your favorite vacation. If you make it through then a second one on one interview, with more traditional questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie?   1 Answer
    • Describe your favorite vacation.   1 Answer
    • What made you pick Wyndham?   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Video Interview with recorded responses through Montage. You read the question, record your response, then upload it. Very innovative! This was my first experience doing a video interview. Very memorable!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you improved on a company's current business methods...   Answer Question

Customer Service Repl Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Springs, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (Palm Springs, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

After filling out an on-line application I was accepted to further my opportunity by doing an on-demand video presentation. Not my cup of tea but OK.... I've done about 4 of these video interviews and I don't like them. They do get easier however. My suggestion is to power through them. I truly don't know if anyone watches them or not. I finally got a call back after doing 3 of these interviews. It took about a month to get from the application to the in-person interview.

After the in person interview which went well, I waited another two weeks before personally calling back and getting invited for a second in person interview... That was two months ago and several phone calls with promises of letting me know. They never did tell me no but obviously I didn't get the job. The actual interviews went well. Nothing tricky. Both very positive. Only problem was I was actually looking for a full time position and they only had part time available. I guess I'll never know what their thought process was.

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Walton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (Fort Walton Beach, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone screening the day after I applied online, and had two more interviews the next week. After I finished interviewing, I was strung along for another month and a half by the hiring manager who was apparently not ready to make a decision but also was not ready to rule me out. I found another job and removed myself from consideration. I would not have accepted an offer even if I was given one after the way I was treated.

Interview Questions

• How would you present numbers and excel data to people who are not good with numbers?   1 Answer