Wyndham Worldwide Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wyndham Worldwide Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.1

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with the recruiter and he told me the insane amount of money that I would make. Then had a 2nd interview with 2 managers. I had to get my real estate license before I could start the the training class.

Interview Questions

• How good am I at managing my mental state? Staying positive in this type of sales is tough.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wyndham Worldwide

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (Daytona Beach, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Submit application/resume, interview with recruiter, second interview with sales manager for department and site manager, sit in on sales presentation, offer. I guess I didn't provide enough words for glassdoor.Here are more words: I submitted my application. I was then contacted by a recruiter. I interviewed with her. I was then brought in to interview with the sales manager for the department in which I would be working and then was interviewed by the site leader. The manager for the department in which I would be working asked me to sit in on a sales presentation. I did so.I was then given an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Not typical interview questions. Mostly blowing rainbows up yer butt about imaginary income potential. They just want to see if you might be a good match for selling timeshare. Basically, how thick is your skin/what is your puke quotient.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Shawnee on Delaware, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (Shawnee on Delaware, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was very smooth, i dont have much to say. Typical interview process. I met with the recruiter and then with upper management. I was told that i have to go to a timeshare class and that its not terribly hard

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide in July 2015.

Interview

Glassdoor is one of my go to sites when researching a company. Overall, I take some of the reviews with a grain of salt but look for consistent trends in the responses. I felt compelled to share my interview experience due to the lack of respect throughout the process.

I was really excited about this sales position at this hotel. Sent my resume, received an email from HR inviting me to speak with them. The conversation was pleasant, no targeted questions, and 10 minutes in, he was telling me with their bonus structure, I could make great money. I didn't solicit this information. I wanted to know what I can bring to the table and help solve their "pain points", contribute to their success, etc.

A second interview arranged with DOSM. That person greeted me, and when I stepped into their office, it was paper chaos from floor to ceiling. It was challenging to pull out specific information to help me showcase my skills. They referenced several times the job wasn't brain surgery. I get that but I take the role and responsibilities seriously. Again, a repeat of the potential bonus money - I never solicited this information! Next steps were shared that would potentially take place that week. No word.

Fast forward, in 1.5 weeks I followed up, email and voice mail. A few days later received an email from the DOSM with a weak excuse but would be in touch following week. No word, I sent an email (note - red flags are forming in my mind about their management). Received an email a couple of days later with yet another excuse. It was all bogus. This is nearly a month's time, if no interest, be honest. Don't waste yours or my time.

Two weeks later, received the automated company HR email - thanks but no thanks. It's simply a lack of respect - this is my livelihood and career with 20 years of measurable hotel sales success. There are more details but prefer to keep this broad! It all gave me pause, is this how they treat their employees AND guests/clients?? With all that said, somewhere there is a silver lining not getting that job.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide.

Interview

Applied on-line. Received response and invitation to come over on the site/ resort. It was group meeting, where we filled in application and saw the model. After was telephone interview with HR rep and with sales manager

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Went to information session with about 15 other people. After initial talj from senior staff they ask you to stay and hopefully get an interview scheduled. During interview they asked me to speak for 7 minutes about anything,then asked about my sales experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (San Diego, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I had seen the listing for a career fair online. I emailed the recruiter my resume and he confirmed my attendance. Communication with him was very friendly and prompt.
    I had to travel to attend so I did not go to the first available date.
    The interview process began as a career fair, then a call back for an interview with the recruiter and a manager. Everyone was really professional and friendly throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to talk about who I am and my why for 5 minutes.   1 Answer

My decision was not based on anything relating to the company. It was all about the logistics and timing of moving to work there.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide.

Interview

Pretty easy. Sales people come and go, so I think it was pretty easy to get in. I was very overqualified, but hadn't worked for corporate in many years.

Interview Questions

• They make you go through phone scripts and make sure you have thick skin.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (Williamsburg, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was typical questions about sales experience. I did go to 2 interviews and was hired. Knowledge about the company is necessary because they will ask you what you know about the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It is a publicly traded company and very strict

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Pretty standard interview, although I did have to meet with several of the managers and 2 different HR Reps. Also, there was a MBTI type of test.