Wynn Resorts Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wynn Resorts Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wynn Resorts (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online got a email in three days for the group meeting greet interview get there early the line was really long no where to park it to 10 people in at a time call your number Five panel ask couple questions tell me they give me a call if they like my resume got a call into days for a panel interview let's see how that goes

Interview Questions

• Five panel ask couple questions tell me they give me a call if they like my resume got a call into days for a panel interview let's see how that goes   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Wynn Resorts

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wynn Resorts (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I arrived and there was no parking. Had to park across the street. Then wait outside in a line. Then wait inside in a seat. Then wait inside standing in another line.. Then finally got to interview room where there were five people holding individual interviews. You got sat to speak with one. It was nerve wracking and they were in a rush to shuffle all 150 of us in and out.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wynn Resorts in August 2016.

Interview

This was my 4th time and will be the last to apply at the Wynn. Everything here is politics so don't waste your time coming to a meet and greet or even round 2. I made it to round 2 assumingly and let just say for me it is really Unprofessional to be interviewed by group of hundreds of applicants where you will be carded based on who they like. Come on!! This is not a Cocktail modeling interview. Also, when you tell your customer service experience be ready for some boring stories from other people like literally I almost walk out!! But, I'm giving you a tip to end up your stories something like this: Blahblahblah.. the guest appreciated what I did and they want to speak to the manager. So literally, everything has to end up with guests recommending you to be recognized stories then to be able to get round 3. Copy??? I have lots of those good recommendation from my guests too but why would I prolonged my story? No, matter how boring your story was, just, just do it okay! Also, don't forget the inhouse applicants too that will jeopardize your spot and last but not the least, Wynn has a high turnover rate that means when you screwed up at work you will be terminated instantly! Tsadaaa! I'm done with my high expectations working at a 5 star hotel.

Interview Questions

• Introduce your partner and your customer service experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wynn Resorts (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

I sent my resume and received an invitation for a meet and greet a few days later. There were at least 60 or so people there. They took you in groups of ten and asked questions about your experience and why you want to work for Wynn/Encore properties. If they like you, they ask you to stay and talk to another recruiter, if they don't they tell you they will call you and let you go. The second recruiter asked me to come back to a group interview on Monday. From talking to other people, it seems they have a lot of these "meet and greets". Interested to see what the next group interview will be like.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Wynn?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wynn Resorts (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I applied to the Front Desk Position online. In a matter of days I received an email stating I had been invited to a career fair at their employment center. I arrived 10 minutes before the requested time expecting there to be a handful of people both applicants and recruiters... wrong. There was about 150 people in total! A line wrapped around the the building from inside out! It was clear this was an automated email to everyone who applied. Our applications/resumes were never looked at prior.

All applicants were handed a small piece of paper with a number on it in order of arrival and two questions on it like 'Describe your experience in hospitality.' etc.

We were then were taken in groups of 10 to the next room where we sat side by side facing 10 recruiters from the property. In a way it was like a round of speed dating! I was asked maybe 2 to 3 questions. They wanted to know why I applied to the Wynn, what my availability is, and if I had a background in hospitality. Honestly I knew that they were also looking at general appearance (hair, visible tattoos, make-up, and if one was dressed professionally) and if I spoke confidently and eloquently. I can tell you, if you do not have open availability (totally and completely) or do not look the part, it's not worth applying for.

After maybe 2 minutes with the recruiter they will tell you to go and they will have someone contact you or, like myself, you will be escorted to another line (as if those told to go did not know that no one was going to contact them.)

In the next line I waited to speak with the head recruiter along with many others who made the cut. Th head recruiter escorted us back to her office one by one and asked the very same questions as the first recruiter (why I applied to the Wynn, what my availability is, and if I had a background in hospitality).

The head recruiter then handed me a piece of paper stating that I was invited back next week for another round of interviews with executives of at Wynn and Encore. She advised to bring my resume and also mentioned to hide the paper she had handed to me so others do not see it on my way out. Sneaky.....

I arrived to the second interview on time thinking it would be a small group of us... wrong. There was around 30, 1/3 men and 2/3 women. We were all told to find our name tag and have a seat. The head recruiter then split us into pairs and told us to get to know our partner. My partner was a bit dry.. we were then escorted into the next room (same as the week before) and told to sit next to our partners. The 30 chairs we sat in all faced 5 hotel executives that greeted us with their name and position.

It was like they were a panel of american idol judges, seeing who's going to make the cut!

The head recruiter then told us that we were going to be interviewed with our partners, except we were going to introduce one and other instead of ourselves and speak on what we had learned about one and other... Okay? After we spoke on one and other were needed to give one memorable experience we had when giving customer service.

My partner and I were one of the first to go, introduce each other, what we like, where were from, then our memorable experience. More like a Tinder profile than a resume profile.

After introductions you wait for all the others to go in pairs... some very long winded. It took about an hour longer, listening to "my partner has a dog and loves to fish!"

I believe the executives look for your ability to create fast relationships and your ability to speak well and confidently. It's always important to not use words like 'um, yeah, like',or end a statement with 'ya know?' (yes that happened).

After the listening to this process for over an hour the executives gave us a 10 minute break and left the room to review the interviewees.

The head recruiter then came out and called 4 names to come and stand in the front. The rest of us were told, "Thank you for coming but we have decided not to move forward with your resumes but next time you apply you will have a leg up on the competition. Thank you."

4 out of about 30! What? Why did I even bring my resume? To sit listening to others ramble on about others? the rest of us simply looked at one and other like 'is that it?' after all that time...

This interview process does not make sense to me being that they judge you on how much you know about your partner (even if they are dry). They do not let you speak to your own abilities or accomplishments. They don't even consider looking at your experience or resume.

I only say this interview was difficult because it was so time consuming, and judgmental.

Interview Questions

• Why I applied to the Wynn, what my availability is, and if I had a background in hospitality.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wynn Resorts (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

Called for a meet and greet event via e-mail. When I arrived, there were already other applicants waiting (approximately 80-100). Once the meet and greet began, everyone was given a number, and everyone received a card to fill out with some basic questions and information. After that, applicants were called into a room 10 at a time with multiple interviewers. You will be assigned one interviewer, and they will ask you one or two questions all while reviewing your resume. It is my personal belief that during this initial interview they review your looks and attitude more than your resume. After a few minutes, the interview was over, and they stated that they would call me (although I knew they wouldn't based off of previous Glassdoor reviews I've read, and that I didn't pass the first round of the interview).

The entire process seemed like a real waste of time to be honest with you. I never really got to share my experience or anything about myself, but for the opportunity to work at one of the most luxurious hotels on the strip, the risk was worth the reward.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wynn Resorts in May 2015.

Interview

First I was invited to a Meet & Greet. Get there as early as possible because you can expect there to be 70+ applicants & you'll all be numbered. In groups of 10, you be sent into a room with a panel of about for people. They'll sit down with you, look over your resume & decide in literally 2MINUTES, if they like you or not. If they don't, they'll tell you someone will call you if interested. If they do, you get sent into a conference room & get a one on one with a recruiter & if she like you, she invites you back for a group interview. If they don't, they say someone will call you if interested. The group interview is about 40 people. They pair you up & leave you ten minutes to learn about each other. Try & find out interesting topics but really what they're looking for is if you can pay attention & remember little details. One they bring you into the interview room, you'll be met by 4-5 Front desk managers. You'll be asked to introduce your partner. Make sure you speak loudly & clearly. They don't care for resumes in this interview. It's about how you carry yourself. So introduce your partner like you were introducing yourself. Try your best bc my partner forgot some details about me & it didn't look good. I made it but she didn't. Then they ask for a customer service story. This is your best shot for being invited back. Don't ramble & a lot of people got too comfortable & told there story like they were talking I they're friend. Using casual verbiage made it seem unprofessional. Then if they like you one of the managers calls you to bring you on a one on one. If you're in, you get a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you showed great customer service & went above & beyond for a guest.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. But starting pay is really great compared to other properties.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wynn Resorts (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

Apply online. Get an invitation for a group interview/meet and greet. There's about 100+ applicants. They have you fill out a small piece of paper with your name and and few other questions and they give u a number. Then you line up 10 at a time to go and talk to one of 4 interviewers. They look at YOU, determine your not a good fit and say some b.s. line like, "we'll give you a call if someone is interested. " all the while taking the ones that's more "appropriate" looking to the back to speak to a manager and maybe get a chance at the job. They don't ask any interview questions, they're definitely not interested in what you say or can bring to the company. Just want to see if you fit into what they qualify as beautiful. if you have the resume, make sure you have the face to match. Or else you'll be put into the, "someone will call you," pile. Good luck!

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wynn Resorts.

Interview

Arrived at the hiring center in paradise. Then a member if the interview panel paired all of us, candidates, to talk an l among itself and find out as much as we could from each other. The interview infringe of the panel consisted of introducing our partner and giving an example of outstanding customer service. After everyone did this, the panel excused themselves to make a decision on who got to the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe your partner and then give an experience in which you gave outstanding customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wynn Resorts (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2010.

Interview

Placed an application that I completely forgot about with Wynn Resorts in Las Vegas. The initial application required a personality test that was about an hour long. After this, I just forgot about the application and moved on with my job search.

Months passed. Out of the blue, I was called in for an interview at the hotel. It was a 2:1 interview in which two hotel managers interviewed me alone. They test your knowledge of the property, which is standard, and ask a few behavioral questions (i.e. Name a time when you had difficult guest interaction and how did you handle it?). The interview seemed to flow pretty well and the questions thereafter seemed to had depend on the response you gave. The managers seemed pretty easy to speak with and weren't really intimidating.

They informed me that the position they are interviewing for was on-call, which I was okay with, and the start date would be around mid-May. It is now June 10th as I write this and they haven't contacted me, nor informed me if I was declined a job offer. My job application sits on their career website as "currently being considered." The lack of communication they are willing to give me in regards to my pre-employment with them says a lot about what may follow if I were to get a job offer and accept. At this point, if they were to call, I would no longer be interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a stressful situation you had recently had and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Wynn Resorts/Wynn Las Vegas?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had difficult guest interaction and how did you handle it?   Answer Question