XALT Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at XALT Energy

2.0

Operation Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at XALT Energy (Midland, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Began with a phone call from HR and a phone screen. The actual onsite lasted a few hours, interviewed with four people individually. Each person had their own set of question some sounded the same but still individual questions. I waited for about a week and received and call from HR that a offer letter would be in the mail. Once received I returned the materials requested and followed their instruction for the background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you can contribute to this team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not applicable

Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XALT Energy (Midland, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Standard 1 on 1 interview with manager. Filled out and application online, answered a call from HR a few days later, and interviewed a week after that. Did in person testing prior to the interview on the same day. Interview was about 30 minutes, followed by a tour of the manufacturing facility.

Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at XALT Energy (Midland, MI).

Interview

One hour long. First 30 - 45 minutes is a 3 person panel. Last 20 - 30 minutes is one-on-one with human resource manager. Very structured and well organized. They provide you with an itinerary of the process so you know who you'll be interviewing with and at what time. They also provide a summary of each manufacturing/work process and what each one entails. Then they ask for your input as to which entices you most. Only thing I disliked about interview is that I was cut short in my one-on-one. I still had more questions of my own to ask. All in all, a good professional experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you experienced conflict in the work place. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at XALT Energy (Midland, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I had the opportunity to interview for the Maintenance Technician position. It started out with a phone call from the manager, where he asked when I would be available for a phone interview. The phone interview couldn't have lasted any longer than ten minutes. About two days later I was called to come in for a face to face interview. I then interviewed with the leadership on the maintenance team. The interview wasn't hard, but it wasn't easy either. After the interview I had to go for a drug screen and physical assessment. The drug screen is a hair and urine sample.

Interview Questions

• Q: How can your previous maintenance experience translate to what we do here?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XALT Energy.

Interview

One of the worst experiences I ever had after interviewing with many different companies. This was the first time ever that the HR read the whole job description word-by-word to me, and asked me if I qualify for each of the bullet points (which spans from R&D, manufacturing, scale-up, QC, business development, IP strategy, project management to other miscellaneous functions ).

I was a bit concerned about the seniority level of the position as there are many responsibilities. The HR sounded pretty arrogant and said that this might be a higher level position in other company, but only an entry level in this company. Oh well, good luck then.

Interview Questions

• Do you satisfy all the criteria listed on the job description?   Answer Question