XIFIN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.8

IT Job Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XIFIN (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, HR/recruiter contacted me for phone and in person interview. That went well. Interviewed in person briefly the next day with the management team. Did not get to meet any of the local co-workers. Interview was rushed event not much time to discuss. It was a panel interview for about half hour first thing in the morning. They were in a hurry to interview candidates. They had to rush off to another meeting and did not even offer water or coffee. No follow up after the interview. They did not even call references. Read the bad reviews and avoid the fake reviews from HR. This company treats candidates poorly so what would one expect on the job? Plus they low ball candidates on salary.

What is funny is that I interviewed here like 10 years ago and it was the same bad experience with different manager. They have a revolving door. All the managers EXCEPT the founders are new to the company.

Interview Questions

XIFIN Response

Oct 16, 2017 – Sr. Director, Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback. Generally, only those we are extending an offer to would meet the extended team and have their references called. Mornings are quite busy and everyone is anxious to get... More

IT Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at XIFIN.

Interview

Interview was a group of 3 people. They decided to do it as a panel instead of individual interviews. The questions mainly focused on prior experience and what I could bring to the company. 9 out of 10, would interview again.

Interview Questions

XIFIN Response

Aug 4, 2017 – Sr. Director, Human Resources

Information Systems Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XIFIN (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call approximately one week after I had submitted my application online. An interview was scheduled for the following week. The interview itself lasted about one hour and involved a variety of questions ranging from common interview questions to role-specific questions probing skillsets. I had interviewed with two department heads and found the interview to be friendly but matter-of-fact. That same week I had received phone informing me that the company was interested in moving forward with the hiring process. Overall, the interview process was highly-efficient and professional.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions such as "tell me about your strengths and weaknesses" and "tell me about a time you turned a negative situation around."   Answer Question
    • Role-specific questions related to GRC systems, general audit knowledge, technical acumen, etc.   Answer Question

Jul 17, 2017 – Sr. Director, Human Resources

EDI Technical Analyst Level II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at XIFIN (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview lasted for 45 minutes with the hiring manager and two more senior employees . I was provided a security badge since the HIPAA mandates security of heath care data. I was taken to a board room where the hiring Manager initially posed few questions on my background as a EDI engineer. Later on two more managers came and took few more questions before they took me into the building and showed me the building.

Interview Questions

• a) What is a 834 document ?.
      b) What is your experience with healthcare EDI documents ?.
      c) What is the difference between XSD and DTD?.
      d) Which version of JRE did you use in your previous company ?.
      e) explain us what you did in your previous company ?.
      f) How strong are you on a level of 1 to 10 in SQL ?.
      g) Are you comfortable working as an analyst instead of working as a software developer ?.   1 Answer

Aug 1, 2017 – Sr. Director, Human Resources

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at XIFIN (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was casual. Many questions were based off my resume and related to my ability to stay organized while multitasking. There were also some questions related to my education and career goals. It was nice to talk about how my major relates to the experience I would be gaining if I were to get the position. After the interview, I was taken on a short tour of the floor I would possibly be working on. I was interviewed by my manager so it made the transition after I accepted the offer much easier.

Interview Questions

• Since you are the president of your club, what exactly were you in charge of?   Answer Question

Jul 17, 2017 – Sr. Director, Human Resources

Senior UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at XIFIN (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The HR called on phone , asked a few question about software development, current team, coding practices and such. This was followed by a onsite interview with the hiring manager and team. After this was called in to talk to the CTO and VP of software engineering. CTO had left for the day before I reached.(I has arrived on time).This seemed a little unplanned. Iw as called in again to talk with CTO

Interview Questions

• what are javascript design patterns
      how to test for various browsers
      describe basic angular applications
      lots of jquery based questions
      task runners   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at XIFIN (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume to Xifin through glassdoor.com. I was contacted by the hiring manager by phone a few days later. After a short phone interview with the hiring manager, I was contacted the next day by the Human Resources manager and invited to the office for an in-person interview. I met with four people in a group interview. The interview took less than an hour. After that I met with the Human Resources manager for 20 minutes or so. I think he was trying to feel me out. I was told that the next step would be them making a decision and expect to hear back in two weeks. Two weeks to the day I received an email from the Human Resources manager informing me that they had chosen another candidate. No other feedback was given.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with department budgeting.   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at XIFIN.

Interview

One phone call with HR and three separate face-to-face on the same day. Offer within two weeks of that. In all the whole process took about one month from when I first submitted my resume.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at XIFIN.

Interview

Scripted, everyone seems friendly. They explained the position, elaborated on the high-learning curve and industry as a whole. Human Resources called back within 2 weeks, took awhile for them to get the offer letter prepared.

UI Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at XIFIN (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial call about availability, then phone interview with direct manager - about a week. Two weeks later, on-site interview with manager, Director, VP, and CTO.

3 weeks with no news and then 2nd interview with Software Manager and a developer.

Business seemed aware of the out-of-date state of their primary product, having been designed by the developers. But making it competitive seemed a low priority to people on the project who had been working on it for over a decade. Whereas, newer staff (Software Manager), wanted to address it, but realized the need to get a HTML, CSS, JavaScript developer on site to help with the code refactoring would delay or even over-ride it.

Interview experience fits with employee reviews. Management not clear on direction, and company becoming non-competitive in the hot, health population billing and treatment management space. 4 months later, they still haven't hired anyone.

Bottom-line: everyone seemed confused as to what success would look like for this position.

Interview Questions

• Direct manager: Mostly just used the time to show me new the new screens they are working on with apologies for the shabby look and feel. Explained that it is mostly refactoring of the code, but same ancient UI, with serious problems. What is your experience with HTML, CSS, JQuery?   3 Answers
    • Director: We obviously need a lot of help with design. What is your coding experience?   2 Answers
    • VP: I will direct you on the features, functionality and look and feel. Our primary users like the old-style UI with a single, long page (probably has 200 fields on it). You can help with some of the admin pages. We have some new products coming in.   1 Answer
    • CTO: So you have coding experience? We have new products we need to design to be competitive. In the future, having someone in the company with design experience will be helpful.   1 Answer
    • Software Manager: We have new products coming online, and we seriously need to get the user experience design right to be competitive. What designing experience have you had?   1 Answer