XIFIN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

XIFIN Interview Questions

2.8

Senior UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at XIFIN (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The HR called on phone , asked a few question about software development, current team, coding practices and such. This was followed by a onsite interview with the hiring manager and team. After this was called in to talk to the CTO and VP of software engineering. CTO had left for the day before I reached.(I has arrived on time).This seemed a little unplanned. Iw as called in again to talk with CTO

Interview Questions

• what are javascript design patterns
      how to test for various browsers
      describe basic angular applications
      lots of jquery based questions
      task runners
      1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at XIFIN (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume to Xifin through glassdoor.com. I was contacted by the hiring manager by phone a few days later. After a short phone interview with the hiring manager, I was contacted the next day by the Human Resources manager and invited to the office for an in-person interview. I met with four people in a group interview. The interview took less than an hour. After that I met with the Human Resources manager for 20 minutes or so. I think he was trying to feel me out. I was told that the next step would be them making a decision and expect to hear back in two weeks. Two weeks to the day I received an email from the Human Resources manager informing me that they had chosen another candidate. No other feedback was given.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with department budgeting.   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at XIFIN.

Interview

One phone call with HR and three separate face-to-face on the same day. Offer within two weeks of that. In all the whole process took about one month from when I first submitted my resume.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at XIFIN.

Interview

Scripted, everyone seems friendly. They explained the position, elaborated on the high-learning curve and industry as a whole. Human Resources called back within 2 weeks, took awhile for them to get the offer letter prepared.

UI Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at XIFIN (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial call about availability, then phone interview with direct manager - about a week. Two weeks later, on-site interview with manager, Director, VP, and CTO.

3 weeks with no news and then 2nd interview with Software Manager and a developer.

Business seemed aware of the out-of-date state of their primary product, having been designed by the developers. But making it competitive seemed a low priority to people on the project who had been working on it for over a decade. Whereas, newer staff (Software Manager), wanted to address it, but realized the need to get a HTML, CSS, JavaScript developer on site to help with the code refactoring would delay or even over-ride it.

Interview experience fits with employee reviews. Management not clear on direction, and company becoming non-competitive in the hot, health population billing and treatment management space. 4 months later, they still haven't hired anyone.

Bottom-line: everyone seemed confused as to what success would look like for this position.

Interview Questions

• Direct manager: Mostly just used the time to show me new the new screens they are working on with apologies for the shabby look and feel. Explained that it is mostly refactoring of the code, but same ancient UI, with serious problems. What is your experience with HTML, CSS, JQuery?   3 Answers
    • Director: We obviously need a lot of help with design. What is your coding experience?   2 Answers
    • VP: I will direct you on the features, functionality and look and feel. Our primary users like the old-style UI with a single, long page (probably has 200 fields on it). You can help with some of the admin pages. We have some new products coming in.   1 Answer
    • CTO: So you have coding experience? We have new products we need to design to be competitive. In the future, having someone in the company with design experience will be helpful.   1 Answer
    • Software Manager: We have new products coming online, and we seriously need to get the user experience design right to be competitive. What designing experience have you had?   1 Answer

Customer Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at XIFIN (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was called in for interview; It went well. I would say, considering my experience and skills, i fit perfectly for the position. The next day the HR director contacted me that they are interested to proceed with the next step which is background check; I received a copy of it a week after from the agency that performed it and all was clean valid.

Interview Questions

• I emailed the hiring manager and HR director to thank them for interviewing me, and asked them to update me with the hiring process as well as their decision. After several attempts with no return call; no response - I gave up! Definitely not what I expected. There are other smaller companies that practice professional courtesy in information their applicants about their decision, rather than leaving them out in nowhere !
      This tells me their credibility and how the company handles their process. There's definitely no professionalism ! . I left with a BAD impression about this company.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at XIFIN.

Interview

I applied through Linkedin.com right before christmas. I was contacted by Human Resources and did a preliminary phone interview. After that I was invited to interview with two implementation directors, a data manager, and an assistant VP. Everyone in the interview process told me what to expect in regard to the position and the people I would potentially be working with. They said there would be obvious long days, however, they were all genuinely happy working at Xifin and enthusiastic about the work they do.

Interview Questions

• Nothing had caught me off guard. They asked me some behavioral type questions, and asked me to expand or give more detail on my previous experiences and what I had written on my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Excellent

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XIFIN (San Diego, CA).

Interview

They call you for interview; they ask you to do the entire background check process and after that, you won't hear from them -- so please don't waste your time. This company are not courteous enough to keep you updated.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at XIFIN (Carmel Valley, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Excellent. More hands-on training would be helpful

Negotiation

Good

RCM Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel Valley, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XIFIN (Carmel Valley, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied on Linkedin..HR manager said I had a lot of previous experience they were looking for. I had 2 interviews at facility. First was very informal with supervisors and leads. Basic questions, however they did not give me a chance to ask any questions. 2nd interview was with manager

Salary was too low, I tried to negotiate but it was take it or leave it. No matching 401K, no PTO for first 6 months. Interviews were very basic and when I tried to ask HR further questions they would not respond via email or the phone. Overall, I was not impressed.