XING AG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

XING AG Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.8

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at XING AG in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for QA position (that was the only one QA position) available in the career site.
    After 2 days I've got a testing task (nothing special, just some questions to check QA knowledge).
    One week passed since I've sent my answers and I got an email from HR that Xing needs Mobile QA(it was not mentioned on the job requirements) and they asked if it's interesting for me to try myself in PHP related ares, I agreed.
    As the next step I had a Skype interview with two persons - QA and Dev.
    They were really friendly! Interview was quite relaxed and I felt calm and could answer the question without any doubt and nerves.
    During the interview I was told to do more technical task and I've been waiting for it from HR. But as a result I've got a feedback without a task. I was quite puzzled.
    Unfortunately I didn't get job offer and I regret about it.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if today is the deadline and nothing is ready?   Answer Question

FIN Anal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XING AG (Cleveland, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

very easy questions nothing hard they wanted to know where i came from and how I would handle stressful situations at my job. Nothing too out of the ordinary. I thought it would be longer but it only took about 30 min it felt very fast and I didnt think it would be that fast

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XING AG (Hamburg (Germany)).

Interview

I had few interview steps. It was a pleasure to meet the CTO; it was nice talking and discussing overall our experiences. But the youngster's left the negative feeling they were rude and disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Import the data from the database dump, show it on the page in Rails. What the difference of that particular case in PostgreSQL and MySQL?   Answer Question

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at XING AG (Hamburg (Germany)) in May 2017.

Interview

A Skype interview was conducted with two interviewers and both were experts in the field but not HRs. Afterwards, there was a skill test for programming which was to understand if you had the average programming skills.

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XING AG (Hamburg (Germany)) in April 2017.

Interview

Received a mail from the HR that my CV attracted their attention and was asked my availability for a skype interview. The skype interview was around 45 minutes where the first 30 minutes was a discussion about my past experience, about my interest in the job role and the company etc. The next 15 minutes, I was given a simple coding task with a language of my choice and was also asked about the complexity of the algorithm. I was selected for the coding challenge which I could start at anytime I wanted but should be submitted within three days. Could not clear the round as I did not test the edge cases. Overall, the interviews were really insightful and helped me. The interviewers were very kind, motivating and open to giving feedbacks.

Data Engineer - Scala Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XING AG in March 2017.

Interview

The process took 4 weeks. I had a Skype Interview with a code challenge (1st week), after that, I received an email for an offline test (2nd week). On the third week another test, but an online one with a shared screen (my computer). Unfortunately, I had a problem with my computer, and another test was set in the next week (4th week). I solved all the challenges, but I was rejected because they wanted someone with more programming experience.

Interview Questions

• Why our company? Why do you want to come back to Germany?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at XING AG in March 2016.

Interview

I applied on XING, and then I've received a call some days later. They told that they were looking for a Rails Engineer, and I wasn't, but I said that wasn't an issue for me, although I am a Java Engineer. We continued with the process. After that, they've sent me a coding challenge, which I did on Java, of course but they told me that I wasn't a good match for the position (and they didn't clarify which language to use) because I've used Java. Crazy world. They made me lost a whole weekend coding the classical ThoughtWorks problem (Mars Rover). The HR representative was compulsive, and and in a way, in bad terms. What a shame.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at XING AG (Hamburg (Germany)) in February 2016.

Interview

Standard questions, not really technical, more focused on soft skills, which is pretty unusual focus, considering that it was technical position. The explanation of recruitment process cancellation was based purely on one gap in the soft skills, which I find completely non crucial for that kind of position.

Interview Questions

• Rate your skills from 1 to 10
      What is the most complicated issue you resolved and other standard cliche questions   Answer Question

Trainee Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XING AG in February 2016.

Interview

First applied on company website, then was invited for Skype interview after waiting longer than one month and contacting the recruitment team. The Skype interview took one hour and was quite relaxed. Before the Skype interview I had to complete the PI and PLI test. However, afterwards I received a standard email text, saying that unfortunately they couldn't consider me for the position. Questions I asked via mail afterwards remain unanswered as of today.

PHP Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at XING AG (Hamburg (Germany)) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was made with skype.
    2 people interviewed.
    It was a skype screening.

They asked general questions about my experience, why i want to change a job.

From tech side there was one question regarding an application design.

Interviewers were experts in a subjects. There were happy to explain all details.

In general, this was one of best screening interviews i ever had.

Interview Questions

• Given a link to online app. How can you split this app for microservices   1 Answer