XL Catlin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.9

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Treasure Island, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at XL Catlin (Treasure Island, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Got connected to this company through a recruiter. After getting the word that i would be a good fit from the recruiter, i got an interview. I drove an hour for the interview, I was told that i wasnt a fit for the position. I never got a chance to speak.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XL Catlin (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

There were 2 phone interviews 30 minutes each and 1 final home office interview. The first interviewer asked questions about analytical and technical skills. The second interviewer asked questions from my resume and why I wanted to work for XL.

Vice President Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XL Catlin (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I was interviewing for a Senior Audit role at XL Catlin and after a series of phone and skype interviews had been selected to come and visit the group in Hartford. Everyone was very professional. I met all who I would have been interacting with if I had been offered the position. It was a grueling day in that it was 5 to 6 hours of group interviews regarding my management philosophy as well as work style. I felt that after the interview was over, there was not much else I could have added to the process.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle the pooled resources within the group   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XL Catlin (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a 3 step process. First spoke with recruiter, then phone interview with manager before in person interview. The manager who interviewed me was very friendly, kind and helpful. I wanted to work there just to be her understudy so I could learn from her. Didn't get the role because of a recruitment glitch.

Investments Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XL Catlin (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application, video interview, phone interviews with senior analyst and portfolio manager, superday at the office with head of department, two directors/PMs, and with HR. Everyone was very nice and made me feel comfortable, but one of the PMs was incredibly arrogant and condescending. They also told me they'd have decisions in two weeks, but did not give me a response until I followed up twice.

Interview Questions

• Why insurance? Why should we hire you? What do you like to do in your free time? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Interview

Really general questions but did not get into the next round. Mostly the recruiter asked the question about the resume and also asked some computer skills. But recruiter said she would give me feedback after two days. Actually, after a week, I sent an email and she said I didn't get into next round.

Workplace Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at XL Catlin (Hartford, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a outside recruiter for the position and had a 30 minute initial interview. The recruiter did not know much about the position and had yet to talk to the hiring manager regarding the job. She was familiar with the company as a whole, and provided me with solid next steps in the process and got back to me when she said she would.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous work experience make you qualified for the role that you're applying for.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XL Catlin in January 2017.

Interview

Applied in January. After 2 months, had a video interview where I recorded myself answering written questions. Had a phone interview a week after. A month after the phone interview, was told I would not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral, tell me about yourself, why did you get involved in actuarial, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at XL Catlin (Stamford, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

I was approached by XLC recruiter on Linkedin to discuss a role in reinsurance. To my surprise, from day one the process was extremely efficient and smooth. I was working at a much larger insurance corporation at the time with terrible HR and XLC process was personable, engaging and efficient. The recruiter kept in constant contact with me throughout the process, there were no periods of typical silence where you hear nothing for weeks. Interview scheduling was efficient and feedback prompt.

Interviewers themselves were extremely cordial and courteous. It was a high level conversation with two parties on equal footing trying to impress each other, as opposed to a typical interview where applicant is trying its best for the job.

Offer was good, I had to negotiate a little bit to get it to a workable package. I feel the offer was made with the anticipation of my counter given my field of work.

Interview Questions

• Biggest concern was being able to adapt from a challenging insurance claim role to a reinsurance claim role.   1 Answer

IT Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at XL Catlin.

Interview

Hiring manager directly interviewed me over the phone. Specifically asked questions related to the project he is hiring me for. Lot of technology related questions. Also asked questions about relocation and working hours.