XL Catlin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.8

Vice President Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XL Catlin (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I was interviewing for a Senior Audit role at XL Catlin and after a series of phone and skype interviews had been selected to come and visit the group in Hartford. Everyone was very professional. I met all who I would have been interacting with if I had been offered the position. It was a grueling day in that it was 5 to 6 hours of group interviews regarding my management philosophy as well as work style. I felt that after the interview was over, there was not much else I could have added to the process.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle the pooled resources within the group   1 Answer

Investments Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XL Catlin (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application, video interview, phone interviews with senior analyst and portfolio manager, superday at the office with head of department, two directors/PMs, and with HR. Everyone was very nice and made me feel comfortable, but one of the PMs was incredibly arrogant and condescending. They also told me they'd have decisions in two weeks, but did not give me a response until I followed up twice.

Interview Questions

• Why insurance? Why should we hire you? What do you like to do in your free time? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Interview

Really general questions but did not get into the next round. Mostly the recruiter asked the question about the resume and also asked some computer skills. But recruiter said she would give me feedback after two days. Actually, after a week, I sent an email and she said I didn't get into next round.

Workplace Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at XL Catlin (Hartford, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a outside recruiter for the position and had a 30 minute initial interview. The recruiter did not know much about the position and had yet to talk to the hiring manager regarding the job. She was familiar with the company as a whole, and provided me with solid next steps in the process and got back to me when she said she would.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous work experience make you qualified for the role that you're applying for.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XL Catlin in January 2017.

Interview

Applied in January. After 2 months, had a video interview where I recorded myself answering written questions. Had a phone interview a week after. A month after the phone interview, was told I would not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral, tell me about yourself, why did you get involved in actuarial, etc.   Answer Question

IT Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at XL Catlin.

Interview

Hiring manager directly interviewed me over the phone. Specifically asked questions related to the project he is hiring me for. Lot of technology related questions. Also asked questions about relocation and working hours.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XL Catlin.

Interview

I applied online in March. After about two weeks, HR reached out and had an phone interview with me. They asked some basic questions about my experience and resume, as well as 2 or 3 behavioral questions. I followed up after 2 weeks and got reply that I did not get the offer.

Service Desk Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at XL Catlin (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

It involved interviewing with the management team which went from the local, regional, and then global management team. The questions asked were a mix of technical and customer service type questions. I found the interviewers to be very professional but also laid back, I felt at ease and did not feel as if they were trying to exert too much pressure. I found the XL Catlin office to be very clean and modern, they had just been given new equipment so I had no qualms about the quality of the tools they had at their disposal. Overall it would be a nice place to work at.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if faced with a question or situation that you didn't have the solution to.   Answer Question

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at XL Catlin (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I was recruited in college spoke with the recruiter multiple times. It was a three hour interview with two one on one interview then a group valuation interview. Then interviewed in NYC and waited three weeks to hear a response

Interview Questions

• If oil prices were decreasing how would that effect the risk premium   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XL Catlin (Miami, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

A recruiter emailed me after having sent in my application for the position asking me to schedule an interview. She was very nice and asked me a few questions about why I was interested in the position along with a few other questions. Additionally, she asked me if i had any question for her about the position.